PDA

View Full Version : Spore? Where's yours?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Quick420
09-02-08, 05:36 PM
I see it's on the usual ****list of sites,so why is my copy not installed yet? EB doesnt have it yet......damn all the losers are going to be multi cell organisms before I climb out of the ooze.Me thinks to add JOLT COLA at install....neways I cant wait to start this up(nana2)

ahheadlock
09-02-08, 07:46 PM
yeah it sucks, I cant wait for this damn game and i have to wait til tomorrow to buy it.

meanwhile it's sitting on the torrent sites for all the pirates.

no fair.

brady
09-02-08, 08:06 PM
yeah it sucks, I cant wait for this damn game and i have to wait til tomorrow to buy it.

meanwhile it's sitting on the torrent sites for all the pirates.

no fair.

How does that work. Doesn't the game depend on being connected to EA's network or something?...

|MaguS|
09-02-08, 08:20 PM
How does that work. Doesn't the game depend on being connected to EA's network or something?...

Basically it limits them to the SP aspect which is 25% of the game...

Noodles
09-02-08, 09:30 PM
wtf are yall talking about?

it doesnt come out until the 7th?

nrdstrm
09-02-08, 09:34 PM
wtf are yall talking about?

it doesnt come out until the 7th?

Basically they are saying it's already been released (pirated) to newsgroups, torrent sites, IRC, etc. But as Magus mentioned, the "Warez" version will not let you into the multiplayer aspect of the game, which is 75% of it (I would almost say more...Like 90%)...

crainger
09-02-08, 11:23 PM
I've had my copy since yesterday. Australia got an early release. I haven't played it yet. Wont get a chance until the weekend probably.

ahheadlock
09-02-08, 11:30 PM
how did you get it yesterday, and where from?

berlinwall has tomorrow as release date.

edit: my bad, EB have it. Only one copy of galactic edition and thats it left. Going to pick it up now

jeffmd
09-03-08, 12:33 AM
multi play..%90? I hope not. I wanna beable to do alot before I see other peoples dancing penises and tits on an elephant creations. ;)

CaptNKILL
09-03-08, 12:39 AM
Remember guys, if you've got a pirated game, do not post about it here. That includes screenshots.

If you own the game legally, post whatever you like. :)

ahheadlock
09-03-08, 01:04 AM
just picked up my copy with all the un-necessary galactic edition bits. Probably could've waited and got a cheaper normal version from somewhere else, now that i think about it - i'll be lucky to get more than 30 minutes of play time tonight haha. Oh well.

Apparently the online portion wont be up and running until friday. That's what the EB guy told me anyway, although the official release date is still tomorrow - he said they got copies yesterday and someone somewhere made the decision to just start selling them early.

crainger
09-03-08, 03:24 AM
I'm installing now. Gonna see if it activates ok or if I have to wait to play like Bioshock.

wysiwyg
09-03-08, 04:02 AM
the review in PC gamer UK is good at 90% but they say there are some damn annoying issues in the game so i am going to hold off until it is patched, they also say the only way of patching at the moment is EA downloader :headexplode:

wysiwyg
09-03-08, 05:28 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196423

(PCG UK review)

crainger
09-03-08, 06:33 AM
It's pretty fun. It's starts like fl0w and quickly moves to a more RPG style game. Has quests/missions and everything. I'm still gonna hold off to the weekend and loose myself in it.

The servers are up and running, so keep an eye out for crainger creatures. Right now it's mostly Maxis creatures getting round with a few custom users out there. Pretty empty as the game has really only had a full release in Asia so far.

nekrosoft13
09-03-08, 06:41 AM
I will wait and research first. i want the game, but then again not sure if it is any good.

post feedback!

stefan9
09-03-08, 07:56 AM
Getting mine on Friday. I have the galactic edition on pre order but we only get the game on Friday.

Mr.Schme
09-03-08, 09:17 AM
WAIIIIIT. For the US, whens it coming out??

Monolyth
09-03-08, 09:31 AM
Remember guys, if you've got a pirated game, do not post about it here. That includes screenshots.

If you own the game legally, post whatever you like. :)

A Pirated Game.
http://www.gamecard.nu/content/pirates_of_the_burning_sea.jpg

I'm such a rebel...

PeterJensen
09-03-08, 01:18 PM
I'm not even wasting my BW on the game....

CaptnStubing
09-03-08, 02:26 PM
I just spored in my pants.

methimpikehoses
09-03-08, 04:12 PM
This isn't out for another week, right?

CaptnStubing
09-03-08, 04:37 PM
This isn't out for another week, right?

My pants?

crainger
09-03-08, 05:07 PM
I will wait and research first. i want the game, but then again not sure if it is any good.

post feedback!

I'll post more in a little bit. Good news is it runs without CD, bad news, requires EA Download Manager to run. Like Steam DVD based games in a way.

So far it seems easy to get into, but you can feel the under lying depth. The ability to form alliances or rivalries from creature days that last all the way upto the space race could be pretty awesome.

The graphics are ok, nothing amazing, but it was designed to be older PC friendly.

Also CaptN can you come clean these noobs out of this thread and make this a stickty!! I mean sticky.

CaptNKILL
09-03-08, 05:17 PM
Thread stuck.