PDA

View Full Version : Reznor Quits Doom3, current work scrapped...

Nutty
05-16-03, 01:56 PM
http://www.theninhotline.net/

Trent Reznor is no longer involved with ID software's Doom3 project. The length of time needed to complete the gaming project has taken longer than expected. Reznor is now working full-time on the next NIN record and word is that recording is going very well. Stay tuned!

To clarify... Trent's music/sound will not be available for release in the retail game or in any further game demos.

:fu:

Bugger!

vampireuk
05-16-03, 02:02 PM
:argh: :cry:

Kain
05-16-03, 02:43 PM
:argh::rw:

Philibob
05-16-03, 03:01 PM
:eek: :( :mad:

DaveW
05-16-03, 03:01 PM
Oh great, that delays the game even more then. We will ever see Doom III?

digitalwanderer
05-16-03, 03:02 PM
...he really quit because he was disgusted to learn what a CHEESEBALL Johnny-boy is! :mad:

Good for you Reznor!

WORD!

ReDeeMeR
05-16-03, 03:58 PM
Bah, I dont really care bout the guy, but the delay is pretty damn ****ty.

poursoul
05-16-03, 05:02 PM
NONONONONO no slkjdg;akwljert'LWHgbjla;kdjfgbad,BM/. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhG"WIKW;wkeh;kwlt'WLTH
RKLSJEARALSLSKUSLA[234QQA;VA
'LU5Q

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ...... son of a BITCH **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.

I am a huge fan, of both parties involved. I don't believe that trent would just pack up and leave because of time constraints. He is much to precise an artist to do that. Infinite patience.

poursoul
05-16-03, 05:17 PM
do you think this could have anything to do with it being on the xbox? The timing is perfect, rumors around the net about both things started at the same time. Then it's confimed for xbox also. Then the climax.

i could imagine the conversation now:

Carmack: Hey, guess what. Were doing an XBox port!
Reznor: i feel dirty, i need to take a shower.
Carmack: Where you goin' buddy, I thought you were going to play some office football.
Reznor: *pulls out 9mm* i can end the pain now! WAIT!, i could just leave and take my music with me. Bye.

digitalwanderer
05-16-03, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
I am a huge fan, of both parties involved. I don't believe that trent would just pack up and leave because of time constraints. He is much to precise an artist to do that. Infinite patience.

He also apparently is a man of integrity, unlike Johnny-boy. :mad:

Vash
05-16-03, 05:50 PM
What've you got against JC? Just curious.

poursoul
05-16-03, 06:13 PM
yeah, i mean besides giving into the gates money machine M$.

digitalwanderer
05-16-03, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Vash
What've you got against JC? Just curious.

Just the stunt with nVidia & the Doom3 benchmark with the FX drivers thingy. I used to worship the guy as the world's bestest/truest geek, I reckon I'm just a little bitter at his sell-out. :mad:

I know, I know...I got no one to blame but myself for having unreal expectations of John, but I figure since I've praised him so heavily for so many years that it's alright to rant a bit about me disapointment in him. :(

poursoul
05-16-03, 06:55 PM
yeah that wasn't too cool. to make up for it he should have a round two. both ati and nvidia (and any other vid card company i guess) have cards and drivers made and run time demos and whatnot. of course all controlled by id themselves accompanied by an independant investigator appointed by dig. lol

digitalwanderer
05-16-03, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
yeah that wasn't too cool. to make up for it he should have a round two. both ati and nvidia

No to make up for it Doom3 should be plagued with delays, problems, people of good character leaving the project, and generally bad luck. That's how karma works. :)

Just like what is about to happen to nVidia.... :evil:

MrNasty
05-17-03, 01:10 AM
Spose somone could release an addon with the NIN music in it or you could just play sum in winamp :\

Looks like they are gonna have to spend sum time finding / creating new soundtrack :(

digitalwanderer
05-17-03, 01:57 AM
Is that Reznor left because Johnny-boy told him about his plans to further delay Doom3 because if he ships it as planned NO hardware out will be able to run it!

Y'all are right that Half-life2 won't be competition for Doom3.....by the time Doom3 hits the shelves Half-life2 will be old news! :lol:

jAkUp
05-17-03, 02:02 AM
*sigh* and i remember when carmack said he didnt want to show it at multiple e3's... i was expecting doom3 for spring... its spring and now it looks like fall:( hopefully hl2 doesnt get delayed:cool:

digitalwanderer
05-17-03, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
i remember when carmack said he didnt want to show it at multiple e3's

Now didn't he say he didn't want to show it at two e3s?

Mebbe that's a hidden message that he meant THREE....... :lol:

(Oh yeah, I'm cheesed at Johnny-boy!) :mad:

poursoul
05-17-03, 02:29 PM
ksdkesrkhwefwewejrtwel!!!!!

i get so pissed whenever i see this thread. ****!

anxdiety
05-18-03, 03:43 AM
Sadly as being a former of theninhotline myself i know where that info came from due to the manner of the post. So its pretty much official that its a done deal with no nin for doom 3.