PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Metal F.A.K.K 2

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 08:37 AM
anyone remmember that game? are there any mods to make it look any better?

really liked that game, wanted to replay it again.

CaptNKILL
09-08-08, 08:50 AM
I remember playing the demo but I never played the full game.

It used the Quake III Engine right?

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 10:21 AM
i'm quite sure it does use Quake III engine. Even now it is a good game to play. Every unique gaming world. if you haven't played it you should give it a try.

Tr1cK
09-08-08, 10:34 AM
I have this on disc somewhere, tried it out for a few minutes but never got into it.

NiukNiuk
09-08-08, 10:37 AM
I bought the game when it came out, and several months ago I wanted to replay it, but I didn't manage to make it work on my computer (error when starting the game)...but it was more than a year back and I didn't retry since then.
Too bad because I really liked it. I remember the great music on the main menu (zak belica ftw) ^^

I'll try to install it now to see if it works on vista 64 :)

EDIT: I just found the music I was talking about on youtube:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Xp5wsxWdE
Great memories...

JaylumX
09-08-08, 01:28 PM
I remember getting this around the time Nvidia released their first Geforce cards. Having a Geforce2MX at the time, i was astonished by how "curvy" :jumping: the game was.

Tr1cK
09-08-08, 01:47 PM
I remember getting this around the time Nvidia released their first Geforce cards. Having a Geforce2MX at the time, i was astonished by how "curvy" :jumping: the game was.

You must have never watched any Heavy Metal movie then.

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 02:11 PM
i actually have somethere Heavy Metal F.A.K.K 2 movie on VHS. Pre-release straight from the studio.

LurkerLito
09-08-08, 02:23 PM
I had this game a while ago but lent it to someone and now it's gone :(. I wish this was on steam I'd like to play it again.

|MaguS|
09-08-08, 03:58 PM
Yeah I have it somewhere in my storage but would buy it in a heart beat if steam had it. Think I would rebuy most of my games if steam carried them all...

BioHazZarD
09-08-08, 04:29 PM
haha i remember also playing the demo back then was a good game.

crainger
09-08-08, 06:37 PM
I played it not long ago. Great game. No mods for it though other than mods to make Julie nude.

NaitoSan
09-08-08, 07:17 PM
Haha few days ago, I installed FAKK2 and looked for nice mods for it, nothing. :( I'll keep looking though.

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 09:51 PM
Walterman, mod this game ;)

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 09:55 PM
UGTuNlQ2AYM

i want a sequel, or re-make

betterdan
09-08-08, 09:58 PM
I still have this game laying around the house somewhere too. I thought at the time it was a very nice looking game with all the colors. Pretty fun too.
I think I had a Voodoo Banshee or maybe the Voodoo 3 card when it was out. There was some opengl file you could put in the folder to make it run much faster but of course you don't need that these days with the cards out now. :lol:

CaptNKILL
09-08-08, 10:14 PM
I still have this game laying around the house somewhere too. I thought at the time it was a very nice looking game with all the colors. Pretty fun too.
I think I had a Voodoo Banshee or maybe the Voodoo 3 card when it was out. There was some opengl file you could put in the folder to make it run much faster but of course you don't need that these days with the cards out now. :lol:

Yep, the miniGL driver.

I think one of the companies that made good miniGL drivers was called Wicked3D.

Those were good times. :D

Killroy X
09-08-08, 10:58 PM
In my hand I'm holding my copy of F.A.K.K. 2....OHHHH YEEEAAAHHH!!!

I'm glad somebody reminded me of this classic er...well game. No seriously, I have nothing but fond memories of this game. Really liked it. Lots of weapons, shields, locations. I like the boss in the end. Great game, I'm afraid to play it again though because it could ruin my good memories with the sub par graphics. On the other hand...

Just got done playing Rune again and for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't get a sequel for the mofo. Sure it had issues, but overall what a great game. Love me some Ragnarok!!!!

Mr Bigman
09-08-08, 11:09 PM
First who is Walterman? Mods weren't availble for this game cuz of publishing studio.

Good game and did have cheats that were fun too.

Game came out in fall of 2000.

Vanzagar
09-08-08, 11:23 PM
UGTuNlQ2AYM

i want a sequel, or re-make

We need more adult oriented games in general, I'd still like to see Kingpin 2!!

betterdan
09-08-08, 11:42 PM
Yep, the miniGL driver.

I think one of the companies that made good miniGL drivers was called Wicked3D.

Those were good times. :D

Yep, that was it, Wicked3D.

NaitoSan
09-08-08, 11:57 PM
Aren't we all having nostalgia on old games eh? I know I am! I've been playing a lot of old games like Doom, Rune, Dark Force, Alice, and many more. :o

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 11:57 PM
We need more adult oriented games in general, I'd still like to see Kingpin 2!!

Kingpin is an amazing game as well

NaitoSan
09-08-08, 11:58 PM
First who is Walterman? Mods weren't availble for this game cuz of publishing studio.

Good game and did have cheats that were fun too.

Game came out in fall of 2000.
Walterman is one of posters here and he worked on mod for Bloodrayne 2, adding a lot of nifty features.

Mr Bigman
09-09-08, 01:09 AM
Kingpin is an amazing game as well

Kingpin left us wondering cuz of the lady in the copper.

These games haven't got their sequals cuz of either publisher has gone " Interplay", or the games rights were sold off and left in a fault not knowing if it would get a swqual.

Heavy Metal Fak 2 was a very fun game with nice scenery and the broad was hot too for the game.