PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed Coming to PC???

Lfctony
09-08-08, 08:41 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/08/scoop-the-force-unleashed-is-coming-to-pc/

Itís crazy that this isnít already in the wild, but turns out plans for a PC version of heavily-physicsed Star Wars Sith Ďem up The Force Unleashed were quietly revealed at NVIDIAís recent NVISION 08 conference. RPSí super-secret spy at the event has sent us an audio recording of Pixelux Entertainment (the company behind The Force Unleashedís physics tech) COO Vik Sohal saying this in the middle of his talk about game physics:

ďÖJust been released last week on the internet, the Force Unleashed demo on both the PS3 and Xbox 360. We have a PC version as well.Ē

So there you have it. Iím pretty sure this is an exclusive, but itís possible Iím just really bad at using Google. Big thanks to RPSís super-secret spy for this.

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 08:56 AM
even it if comes out, i won't buy it. i don't have some super uber elite PC to run it. remember you need a machine that cost 4,000+ grand to play it

Lfctony
09-08-08, 09:04 AM
even it if comes out, i won't buy it. i don't have some super uber elite PC to run it. remember you need a machine that cost 4,000+ grand to play it

True, true! :D

NarcissistZero
09-08-08, 11:24 AM
If this was revealed, but got no press, then PC gaming is worse off then I thought.

This should be rampaging through the forums, if true.

|MaguS|
09-08-08, 11:33 AM
Edit - direct from LucasArts - “I can tell you definitively that there is no PC version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed planned. I would assume Vik was talking about a PC version of Digital Molecular Matter.”

From your article...

Lfctony
09-08-08, 12:02 PM
From your article...

It wasn't there when I posted it. There's an obvious Edit text in the beginning, before the original message...

Nitz Walsh
09-08-08, 12:22 PM
Really sucks because although it's relatively fun on the 360, the main problems with the demo are:

- No dismemberment.
- Poor frame rate (30fps with no motion blurring = da jerky)
- Horrible camera control

The last two would be fixed with a PC version, the first would be fixed with a mod.

Destroy
09-08-08, 12:35 PM
The gameplay of console was very PG-13 and canned feeling with crap everywhere to pick up and throw. I wouldn't of bought it for PC unless it was sub $20. Psi Ops is/was a much better and very similar game. (Free for PC too btw)

HiCZoK4
09-08-08, 02:15 PM
Really sucks because although it's relatively fun on the 360, the main problems with the demo are:

- No dismemberment.
- Poor frame rate (30fps with no motion blurring = da jerky)
- Horrible camera control

The last two would be fixed with a PC version, the first would be fixed with a mod.

I thought Framerate seems to be very butter smooth when I played demo billion of times :headexplode:

sl0ppy_sec0nds
09-08-08, 02:54 PM
28fps seems to be buttery smooth by console standards. GTA 4 had horrible frame rate, but many friends of mine, who are console fans, seemed to think the game ran smooth as silk.

HiCZoK4
09-08-08, 02:59 PM
28fps seems to be buttery smooth by console standards. GTA 4 had horrible frame rate, but many friends of mine, who are console fans, seemed to think the game ran smooth as silk.

Star wars rund much faster than laggy gta

nekrosoft13
09-08-08, 03:03 PM
ok, 28.5 fps ;)

Noriega
09-08-08, 03:14 PM
Go talk somewhere else bout console Frame Rates till you will all have FRAPS in eyes :X

PS Am I the last one that NEVER watchet any whole SW movie?

XDanger
09-08-08, 03:19 PM
Bought a sealed episode 2 dvd at sale for £1, eBay or keep ,I cant decide.

Monolyth
09-08-08, 03:35 PM
OMG here we go again with the wah wah I want dismemberment whiners....someone call the wahmbulance!

Destroy
09-08-08, 04:04 PM
OMG here we go again with the wah wah I want dismemberment whiners....someone call the wahmbulance!

It's a totally legitimate concern.

CaptNKILL
09-08-08, 07:54 PM
Edit - direct from LucasArts - “I can tell you definitively that there is no PC version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed planned. I would assume Vik was talking about a PC version of Digital Molecular Matter.”

Ok, so they confirmed that there is NO force unleashed coming to PC again. No sense letting this flame war develop...