PDA

View Full Version : Play Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer with Offline Bots

evox
09-09-08, 10:26 AM
Pretty neat mod that allows you to add Offline bots to your server and play against them. Simply extract the mod, launch it via the Mods link, start a new server (make sure PB is OFF) and then add:

/set svr_pezbots #

where # is the number of bots you'd like to have. Check out the thread for more info and download link.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=204&start=0

Sorry if it's been posted before.

|MaguS|
09-09-08, 10:51 AM
Why play with bots? The game has a great MP that should be played with poeple...

evox
09-09-08, 01:05 PM
Why play with bots? The game has a great MP that should be played with poeple...

No doubt, but bots will prove helpful to someone new to the game and/or someone looking to test/try new combos/moves without getting raped by lvl55 vets online. :p

asd
09-09-08, 01:07 PM

You never know, some people like to play with bots after they finished the Story, bots can be fun if you know how to play with them, I myself enjoy both playing with human and bots. (nana2)

Monolyth
09-09-08, 01:58 PM
No doubt, but bots will prove helpful to someone new to the game and/or someone looking to test/try new combos/moves without getting raped by lvl55 vets online. :p

I've yet to see any bots that helped improve anything other then my twitch. IMHO you'll get better at kit-building by visiting a site that lists the benefits of each perk and using common sense when building your kit. It's better to build kits that make sense for your play-style and to tweak/master them as you win/lose. :P

The best way to get better is to play against those Level 55 Vets online. Most people just simply complain or get pissy when they start losing, these kinds of players will never be good, they don't understand how to learn while losing against superior players. You can pickup some great tips/tricks just by dieing to some people, but you have to be observant and adaptive.

That's all I have to say about that.

evox
09-09-08, 02:35 PM
I've yet to see any bots that helped improve anything other then my twitch. IMHO you'll get better at kit-building by visiting a site that lists the benefits of each perk and using common sense when building your kit. It's better to build kits that make sense for your play-style and to tweak/master them as you win/lose. :P

The best way to get better is to play against those Level 55 Vets online. Most people just simply complain or get pissy when they start losing, these kinds of players will never be good, they don't understand how to learn while losing against superior players. You can pickup some great tips/tricks just by dieing to some people, but you have to be observant and adaptive.

That's all I have to say about that.

No one is forcing one to play with bots. I play both against players and bots. I just posted it coz it looked interesting. :cool:

Monolyth
09-09-08, 02:38 PM
No one is forcing one to play with bots. I play both against players and bots. I just posted it coz it looked interesting. :cool:

I'm just trying to get more noobs online so the level 55 vets can rape them.

bob saget
09-09-08, 04:01 PM
fun game.

Shamrock
09-09-08, 09:50 PM
This will be VERY helpful to me.

I use dialup, think I can kill lvl 55 vets on dialup? :(
My sister doesn't even have internet, yet she LOVES CoD4. We have yet to try multiplayer maps, at all.

Thanks for posting it evox! I tell everyone this should have been included with the game (like BF1942).

evox
09-10-08, 02:04 AM
This will be VERY helpful to me.

I use dialup, think I can kill lvl 55 vets on dialup? :(
My sister doesn't even have internet, yet she LOVES CoD4. We have yet to try multiplayer maps, at all.

Thanks for posting it evox! I tell everyone this should have been included with the game (like BF1942).

Your welcome. :)