PDA

View Full Version : The Godfather The Game Issues

geftargnabl
09-10-08, 12:21 PM
Well im having lots of problems with The Godfather here let me explain: When i try to install the game it gives me two errors one (the first one)says this "The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. (Tell me why this testing is important.) This software will not be installed. Contact your system administrator." I honestly don't know what to do and it only give the option to click "ok" there's no option to continue anyway. heres the second error (this one comes after i click ok) "Installation cannot continue because this game requires DirectX 9.0c or higher to be installed on your system. You can download the latest version of DirectX here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx"
when i copy and paste i cant find a link for DirectX 9.0 but i should already have it installed because all my other games work please help!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUjijBKSwsg

"whadaya gonna do, nice college boy, eh? Didn't want to get mixed up in the Family business, huh? Now you wanna gun down a police captain. Why? Because he slapped ya in the face a little bit? Hah? What do you think this is the Army, where you shoot 'em a mile away? You've gotta get up close like this and bada-bing. You blow their brains all over your nice Ivy League suit." I love The Godfather

nekrosoft13
09-10-08, 01:38 PM
that is a typical EA installer error, there is a lot of EA games suffering from that issue.

it is caused that installer can't detect OS and DirectX version correctly.

you have to copy entire DVD content to C drive, and run the installer in windows 2000 compability mode

geftargnabl
09-10-08, 05:42 PM
didn't work please help me!!!

PS.im using the downloaded version of the godfather the game from D2D (direct 2 drive) i opened a tick there but they didn't know jack **** kind of funny how the community helps more then the people that make the game! (actually kind of sad)

mailman2
09-10-08, 08:03 PM
that is a typical EA installer error, there is a lot of EA games suffering from that issue.

it is caused that installer can't detect OS and DirectX version correctly.

you have to copy entire DVD content to C drive, and run the installer in windows 2000 compability mode

Actually you copy the DVD to the HD, then edit the autorun.cfg and change DirectXVersion=9.0c to = 0, save it. Then you can install in win2000 compatibility mode. I just did this about 2 days ago :)

geftargnabl
09-10-08, 09:57 PM
Ive tried that but it didn't work either :( but just out of curiosity hows the game?

mailman2
09-11-08, 12:38 AM
Alot of fun, had a blast playing through it twice now.

being that yours is D2D, they are gonna need to modify it to make it work.

geftargnabl
09-11-08, 01:34 AM
:( i wish i could play lol this sucks im never buying from D2D again until they get there **** straight well i guess i will stick to steam i cant go out into the sunlight it BURRRNNNN'S!

geftargnabl
09-11-08, 01:35 AM
im playing STALKER and downloading TF2 right now...

geftargnabl
09-13-08, 01:59 AM
HELP MEEEE

crainger
09-13-08, 02:03 AM
We can't do much as you have the D2D verison. Try asking their tech support.

geftargnabl
09-13-08, 12:26 PM
They don't help:thumbdwn:

geftargnabl
09-16-08, 01:54 AM
I broke down and rented the wii version :( its an awesome game and thats saying something considering its a console lol but its a sad day when i have to RENT a game I OWN! what the ****?! i say boycott EA for there ignorance to the pc gaming community i think i might just start complaining to EA about it before i go out and buy the same ****ing game again!

crainger
09-16-08, 04:04 AM
Boycott D2D for not patching their games also. There are often times when D2D fails to release a patch for a game that has been patched by the dev for Disc versions.

geftargnabl
09-17-08, 09:44 AM
Never buying a game from D2D ever again