PDA

View Full Version : Enter the matrix?

Pages : [1] 2

t6_shadow
05-16-03, 06:40 PM
More like enter the **** world of consoles. Whos bright idea was it to port this pile of crap console game to pc? Not someone smart because this game is crap. I have played about 20 minutes of it and I know that. Give me a break. First off they have a save system as in you can't save whenever you want. LAME. The action is super jerky thanks to it being meant for a crap console. Three the camera sucks half the time I can't even see what I am doing.

Sigh I was hoping this game would be fun. I should have known better good thing I did not buy it.

poursoul
05-17-03, 09:53 AM
no need to get all pissy because you got teh crap card. No, just kidding. But seriously, it would play smoother if you got a better video card. Why am i telling you this?

I thik that not being able to save EVERYWHERE is a good thing. It forces you to play the game not cheat by saving every 3.5 seconds. It's a matter of personal preference.

As far as the camera angles go, you're just going to have to use your jedi powers to sense when a wall or corner is about to intercept the camera's path. Good luck, i don't need it.;)

panzaman
05-17-03, 11:31 AM
...I have tried this game and I agree that is completeky crap and rushed!..don't buy it.

poursoul
05-17-03, 01:26 PM
umm... care to post what you think is crap exactly. Or is just telling people not to buy it acceptible nowadays

wysiwyg
05-22-03, 06:27 AM
stick with it. i hated it at first due to its rushed appearence.

install the 1.51-1.52 patches too t improve the bugs. (still loads more to sort out of course)

but the game gets a load more fun and exciting as it goes on. only the first half of the game suck. from the vampire segments and onwards ive had tons of fun

VoltFox
05-22-03, 06:52 AM
I thought it's crap too, but that's only for about 20-30 min of playing, after that it gets really interesting and fun... just hang on to it, you'll see...

sytaylor
05-22-03, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by VoltFox
I thought it's crap too, but that's only for about 20-30 min of playing, after that it gets really interesting and fun... just hang on to it, you'll see...

i echo that preciseley all these pc nerds are just whining because it doesnt play how they want it to play... well heres a thought... its a NEW way of doing things, which has its own merits. If you wanna go play max payne be my guest, but ETM is far better than anyone seems to give it credit for

</rant>

vampireuk
05-22-03, 07:22 AM
hang on you're a pc nerd too:p *poke poke*

|JuiceZ|
05-22-03, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk

yea sy yer included in that group too :POKE: :p

I just got a copy today so I'll see how it goes, just don't think I'll really ever be able to get back into sp fps until HL2 comes out.

saturnotaku
05-22-03, 03:19 PM
I was so tempted to pick this up yesterday because Circuit City is offering a free gift card for buying it on any platform. I'm still going to wait for a couple more patches to come out and for the price to drop, though.

zoolap
05-23-03, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by poursoul
...I thik that not being able to save EVERYWHERE is a good thing. It forces you to play the game not cheat by saving every 3.5 seconds. It's a matter of personal preference....

My personal preference for any game is to be able to save anywhere, this way i can make it as difficult for myself as I like. I will often play large sections through in games because I like the challenge of it. Console games have that limited save thing is due to memory card capacity.

VoltFox
05-23-03, 03:56 AM
this game rocks... especially after you watch the movie, you'll find many interesting things going on that doesn't happened in the movie...

I don't know about you guys, the sound effects is really great... especially with surround speakers :eek:

rokzy
05-23-03, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I was so tempted to pick this up yesterday because Circuit City is offering a free gift card for buying it on any platform. I'm still going to wait for a couple more patches to come out and for the price to drop, though.

price to drop!?

since when do game prices drop except after a couple of months when it enters "bargain bin" status?

jeez, you gonna wait a couple of months for the price of seeing to film to drop too :rolleyes:

sytaylor
05-23-03, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk

That was thew irony of the comment, but i guess i didn't make it clear. translation: "we nerds tend to like things our way and not embrace innovation if it breaks something we perceieve to be good"

vampireuk
05-23-03, 11:31 AM
Then you should have just said that:p

wysiwyg
05-23-03, 11:33 AM
damn brits :rolleyes:

/me looks at my location...DOH :p

sytaylor
05-23-03, 11:51 AM
i don't like sounding like a school teacher when making a comment on games, so ithought id not comment directly, avoided the dictionary speak

saturnotaku
05-23-03, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by rokzy
price to drop!?

since when do game prices drop except after a couple of months when it enters "bargain bin" status?

jeez, you gonna wait a couple of months for the price of seeing to film to drop too :rolleyes:

If I have to wait for a couple months, so be it.

And just in case you failed first grade math, it costs a heck of a lot less to see a movie than it does to buy a game. But such logic is wasted on someone like you.

rokzy
05-23-03, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
If I have to wait for a couple months, so be it.

And just in case you failed first grade math, it costs a heck of a lot less to see a movie than it does to buy a game. But such logic is wasted on someone like you.

haha don't get mad just cos you're poor.

poursoul
05-23-03, 12:55 PM
haha don't get mad just cos you're poor.

Shut up.

jnd3
05-23-03, 01:24 PM
price to drop!?

Naaaaah. Usually within the first month of a game being released retail chains like Best Buy, Circuit City and Media Play shave off $10-$15 from the MSRP in order (presumably) to boost sales. Of course, with ETM selling over a million copies in the first week, that's fairly unlikely any time in the near future. It's called delayed gratification. ;) :p

Of course, GoGamer (http://www.gogamer.com) now has it for $32.90 (48 hour madness sale) + $6 shipping for up to three games....hmmmm.

Cheers,
JND

saturnotaku
05-23-03, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by poursoul
Shut up.

Seconded.

marqmajere
05-24-03, 02:09 AM
I am borrowing this game from my brother and I must say that I don't think I ever had this much fun in an action game before. The dated graphics almost turned me off of this title, but I decided to "hang in there" for a bit and see how things went. I am only on the second level but I can't put this game down. If you're not sure if you want to shuck out 50 clams for this game rent it first. If you don't like it then you're out about $3.

Matthius
05-25-03, 12:03 AM
if the graphics make at least max payne, then who cares. there fine for me. cause i can get frame rates so high, that u get almost no lag EVER...

yoladude
05-25-03, 09:38 PM
i've played the game on xbox...it looked pretty awesome to me. the kung-fu action rocked. as for the savepoints, it just adds another challenge to the game. my only complaint (or so i have heard) is that it's pretty short. my friend beat the game as ghost in one night. granted, there's another character to go, but still...