PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a 9800GTX+.. however, issues have followed.

Rexx
09-14-08, 11:23 PM
Hey all, I'm new here and I'm looking for some support for my new 9800GTX+.
After looking at some reviews, I decided to go grab one of these puppies earlier today. I just got home now and I stuck the card in my system replacing my 8600GTS.
Plugged my monitor into the new 9800GTX+, and BOOM! No picture on my monitor.
I read some posts online and I've gone into my BIOS and swapped it over to run PCI-E cards first however, there was no luck.

Things to note:
- Video Card fan IS SPINNING. There is also a green light I can see on it, which is telling me that the card is getting power just not being picked up.
- Replaced my old 8600GTS which worked with no problems.
- I am currently posting this via my onboard video card. I've disabled it already, yet when I plug in to my onboard slot I still get picture. Odd? When I go into desktop settings there is no onboard card listed, just VGA device. ( O.O )
- Tried installing drivers for the new card from the CD, when it gets to the setup screen it says "There are no drivers available for your hardware, setup will now exit". That tells me it's not picking up the card even though there's obviously power flowing and the card is running...

Thanks guys, sorry if this is the wrong forum to be posting in but I really needed help..

Hopefully somebody from the community can help!
I'll be around for a couple more hours tonight, hopefully I can get this running with some help by morning!

Thanks,
Rexx

jcrox
09-15-08, 07:01 AM
We need more information on your system to be able to help.

What make and model of motherboard are you plugging that card into?
What do you have for a power supply?

EciDemon
09-18-08, 04:03 AM
First thing, you should check that the card is seated in the slot ok.

Second, make sure you have connected the extra power cords to the card. Though, if it's like the 8800gt i have, the card will make a very annoying alarm noise if the power cable(s) is not connected.

If it's not one of the above, then perhaps your PSU is too weak to power the card, so look up on the specs of your PSU. It should be listed on a sticker on one of the sides of the psu.

SLippe
09-18-08, 04:14 AM
Did you plug the DVI cable into the slot closest to your motherboard?

kaptkarl
09-18-08, 09:43 AM
I'd check your monitor as well. Some monitors, my Samsung included, you have to set the input as either analog or digital thru thu the monitor menu. When I installed my 9800GTX+, going from on-board video, I had to select digital input on the monitor. I thought it was weird to have to do it.....maybe it needed to be "reset" once I switched to the PCI-E slot??

Kapt

Greeno
09-18-08, 02:57 PM
If you haven't already... Please ensure you have the latest BIOS for your mainboard installed.

Do you have another machine (neighbour, relative?) you can try it in?