PDA

View Full Version : Official Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ATOJAR
09-16-08, 04:10 AM
So for the lucky ones(like me)that pre-ordered WAR and got the head start code & also for the official release date (18th September 08) i though i would start a "Official" thread dedicated to anything & everything Warhammer Online related!

Lets here your views?

lIqUID
09-16-08, 05:45 PM
AWESOME GAME! but having played beta for a good couple months I knew how it would be. I'm currently on Badlands destruction side with a 250 person queue time...my mistake for picking a high pop server at noon on release day.:thumbdwn:

Order seems to hand us our asses in t1 scenarios as I won maybe 4 out of 30 games on Sunday, but I'm hearing we own t2 scenarios, and I know from beta experience we should dominate endgame stuff unless some of those order power guilds stop us or beat us to the punch.

My wife tried and tried to get me to say I was buying Wrath when it releases in November, but honestly WOW can kiss my ass.

Sgt_Pitt
09-16-08, 09:44 PM
Too busy playing..

ATOJAR
09-17-08, 02:41 AM
I don't like this game at all, Having played the head start for two days i can honestly say my pre-ordered version will be getting sold as soon as it arrives, not my type of game at all!

The crappy wack one button combat seems sluggish & slow to respond, the combat it self is boring, the content is boring, the graphics are poor with no AA & this so called "next gen" RvR as far as i have seen is just like good old capture & hold control points.

Im sticking with AoC, the new PvP update get released tomorrow along with some bug fixes & more content added!

Serrasalmus
09-17-08, 05:35 AM
destruction, badlands, trial and error we are looking for a few good killers!

CaptnStubing
09-17-08, 10:17 AM
Keep posting here about the upper levels. I found the game extremely boring but I have not completely counted the game out.

lIqUID
09-17-08, 08:56 PM

hmm, I'm on destruction Badlands but the damn queue times are killing my desire to even play the game right now. I waited in queue for 30 minutes yesterday, my movement keys didn't work so I had to quit come back and wait in another damn 30 minute queue.

As much as I like this game I've played it so much the last 2 months and especially last few days I already feel kinda burned out on it. I'm sure when I get out of content I've done 500 times it will be much better but its slow go when playing solo D:

Dvahlish
09-17-08, 11:34 PM
Well..Im still loving this game.
1-10 was abit of a grind...but im loving the T2 content.

I was involved in defending a keep yesterday and that was a lot of fun...pouring hot oil on the order had to be a highlight.

Im not finding it boring at all and the graphics look fantastic to me but maybe thats because I have been looking at wow's pissweak graphics for too long :)

We have our guildies from wow playing and have started our own guild on a low pop server, so the waiting time for RVR is next to none.
The way the guilds work is quite cool really, as you level your guild rank and at each level you unlock new abilities.

Learning the new professions has proved interesting.

But now the banks and AH's are all fully functional so its not so hard to find mats.

I have heard one or 2 people saying they didnt like the game, but for the most people seem to be loving it!

I do think its a game that you need to get past level 10 in to enjoy, but thats the same with most games I have played.

I like the fact that there is relentless grinding if you dont want that. You can level through PVP and RVR and recieve sweet rewards for renoun levels aswell.

Well..the game is released to the public tomorrow, so I guess all we can do is wait and see what the world thinks eh?

Mr. Hunt
09-18-08, 03:42 AM
14 (or 15) Witch Elf on Praag.. pretty fun game so far. Name is Maeby.

MabelAC
09-18-08, 09:36 PM
i have seen Warhammer here and there lol whether it's a worthy game to have a try?

Smee
09-19-08, 01:21 AM
Granted my max character is level 4, but I see nothing early on that makes me think I'll play this game past the 30 days.

Xav
09-19-08, 10:11 AM
Granted my max character is level 4, but I see nothing early on that makes me think I'll play this game past the 30 days.

That is a shame..but if you expect to play 30 days then that means you bought the game and for that I thank you!

You are helping fund the game for the rest of us left behind :)

Hopefully once you get some lvls and skills to use, you will come to enjoy it more.

lIqUID
09-19-08, 03:29 PM

hey did your guild transfer to Mordheim when they cloned the full servers yesterday? I have a 14 shaman in need of a guild and I need some questing buddies.

Ninjaman09
09-19-08, 05:11 PM
Honestly from the beta the game seemed very fun...I'd like to give it a try but I don't want to play two MMORPGs at once, and I'm very much enjoying WoW at the moment.

Tyr-Sog
09-19-08, 09:42 PM
Ok, so against my better judgement I bought this game. Orginally I was going to pass on another mmo but tbh I've learned just to play causualy. Anyways, I just didn't think from all the footage the game looked all that great and thought I was going to pass on this and wait for it to AOC on us(which i still say it will). So I load it in, update it(no start icons btw), start playing in noob land and well, it just sucked.

Saying that though, thats what I thought about wow after playing EQ2 first(bought them nearly the same time at release). But after shelving wow for a month or so I tried it agian and it grew on me. Then after maybe 6 months of playing both I never played eq2 again(although now i think eq2 is a better game, if not the best mmo)

I dunno, so far the lack of character creation/features and graphics alone are so shallow it just takes away from the game right from the beginning. Upon entering the newbie zone everyone looks identical, no aa or af(or i cant find it), bleh. Turd so far for me.

Tyr-Sog
09-20-08, 10:53 AM
Forced aa and af, looks yummy now. Also started in a different zone and the zealot zone is actual cool looking. The dark elf zone was just plain and ugly.

lIqUID
09-20-08, 12:44 PM
yea elf land looks just bad. I really like the greenskin area, but I've spent the most time there so I haven't really gotten to experience much of chaos/empire pairings yet. I went back to Inevitable City last night for the first time since beta, and that place still amazes me, its just massive. I'm really excited for the huge fights we are gonna have in a few weeks when the masses hit t4 zones.

Xav
09-22-08, 10:01 AM
Yep, love the greenskin areas. Love the human areas too. I've never liked playing elves or the aesthetics that go along with them so those areas are always least appealing to me.

As for gameplay....

The gobbos just ooze personality and that CE face Mythic made for them just rocks! Having so much fun with my Squig Herder (hurting DPS issues and all) and I like that so many people quit the SH class by mid teens because it doesn't have an "I win" button. Just have to learn to be patient and pick your fights. I've been able to kill Bright Wizards and Swordmasters 2-3 levels higher than me out in the open areas 1v1.

Sooo many other classes I want to put time into and I can't stop playing this one.

It's nice to have another MMO that I can just tell I will be playing for quite some time. Considering the wifey loves it as well helps it's prospects for getting my $$ every month.

CaptnStubing
09-22-08, 12:48 PM
So I've been playing a Dark Elf sorcerer and it's pretty fun. It is far more fun than I had in the beta. I'm thinking I spent so much time leveling toons up to 10 that I was just bored stuck in the noob zones. I'm not sure how long I will play this game but I'm having fun right now.

BTW Bright Wizards are way over powered.

Dvahlish
09-22-08, 06:15 PM
So I've been playing a Dark Elf sorcerer and it's pretty fun. It is far more fun than I had in the beta. I'm thinking I spent so much time leveling toons up to 10 that I was just bored stuck in the noob zones. I'm not sure how long I will play this game but I'm having fun right now.

BTW Bright Wizards are way over powered.
Im playing a sorceress and shes 16 now and they just keep getting better :) I have found that because of the HUGE range they have with thier spells (100ft for one of them) you can stand well back in battle and fire away.
Im in Chpt 8 now, Ellyrion and I have to say its so much nicer than the blighted isle and shadowlands, its bright and feels abit like "the sound of music running through the feilds" scene :) Although, Im having trouble finding a warcamp there.

Yes...bright wizards are OP....but it makes up for how hideous they look.
Personally...I really hate the white lions.
Actually, im not impressed with any of the order classes...buty the witch hunters!!! LOL they look like indianan jones!!!

Anyway...glad your having fun now :)

gravioli
09-23-08, 08:04 PM
Does SLI not work in WAR? I've read that it doesn't, but not from a developer. Base on my experience it does not seem to be working correctly if at all.

CaptnStubing
09-24-08, 10:14 AM
Im playing a sorceress and shes 16 now and they just keep getting better :) I have found that because of the HUGE range they have with thier spells (100ft for one of them) you can stand well back in battle and fire away.
Im in Chpt 8 now, Ellyrion and I have to say its so much nicer than the blighted isle and shadowlands, its bright and feels abit like "the sound of music running through the feilds" scene :) Although, Im having trouble finding a warcamp there.

Yes...bright wizards are OP....but it makes up for how hideous they look.
Personally...I really hate the white lions.
Actually, im not impressed with any of the order classes...buty the witch hunters!!! LOL they look like indianan jones!!!

Anyway...glad your having fun now :)

The sourceress is basically a mage from WoW. Once I got rooting it was all over for the melee classes. I can take bright wizards down now. The worst are the dwarf priests. It takes 5 people to kill them. I've learned to not follow the group that is trying kill him. I let the dwarf run around trying to heal him self to stay alive while jumping like a tard. Mean while I kill all the people he was supposed to be healing. Dumb priest. LOL

I went to Inevitable City last night. I don't like it there at all. Meh, what ya gonna do. There is plenty of other places to be at.

I do think the problem with the beta was doing the same noob zones over made me bored.

Ghosthunter
09-24-08, 10:23 AM
i am going to give it a month or two before picking it up

kind of sick of picking up mmorpg when they first come out to have devs screw the games up and the community just ends up leaving

jolle
09-24-08, 10:53 AM
The sourceress is basically a mage from WoW. Once I got rooting it was all over for the melee classes.
Im trying to build up a tactic against brightwizards and their rooting thing.
Basicly I charge them with my marauder, and they inevitably root me and move away, to buy some time there I usually apply a dot and a ability so they damage themselves when using magic for a few seconds.
If I get my first morale ability ready I can dodge all damage for a few secs, then its just to hit "charge" and run up to them and snare again, and start the DPS for real.
Been working sofar, dont have a root myself at lvl16.

Rooted when you´re alone is pretty frustrating, but often there are more players with you that can take their attention away, or burn them down as they´re nuking me.

glObalist
09-24-08, 01:26 PM
Few questions:

1. How instanced is this game? I guess the dungeons are instanced. but what about zones? If the zones are not isntanced (ie ala true MMO world), is there a loading screen between them or are the zone transitions seamless just like in WoW?

2. Is there gonna be free trial or something?

3. How viable is it for a PvE-oriented player?

Thanks!