PDA

View Full Version : Slow browser with vista

Arto*
09-16-08, 07:31 PM
I recently re-formatted my pc from xp to vista. What I noticed was that my browser(firefox) at first worked fine until a day or two later. I am only able to fully load a few websites and the remaining sites load for about 10 min.. Now I've looked up possible solutions to this problem such as, disabling tls and enabling ssl in my internet options, using command prompt to disable autotuning, and other methods.. I am left with no other solution but to re-format back to xp unless theres a way to get this to work, If anyone knows how to solve this, id appreciate it a lot..

ive tired using IE and its the same result..
my specs are listed below.. also im on a wireless linksys g adapter..

nekrosoft13
09-16-08, 08:49 PM
well if both browsers go the issue, then it is either your network or internet provider

Arto*
09-16-08, 09:16 PM
well if both browsers go the issue, then it is either your network or internet provider

its neither cause my laptop runs fine.. and it has vista too.

crainger
09-16-08, 09:32 PM
Check network drivers and/or DNS settings.

Absolution
09-17-08, 12:39 AM
I'd blame your linksys router. Update the firmware. Try connecting directly to the internet.

Linksys is synonymous for crap imho.

More unlikely would be that your Ethernet port is going out.

Arto*
09-17-08, 09:58 AM
My network drivers are up to date.. what I find really strange is that nvnews loads in a matter of seconds but when I try to go on yahoo, It starts to load for a very long time.. same with google, I cant search anything on google but I can search using msn..

crainger
09-17-08, 04:32 PM
cache issue? ISP Proxy issue? Hmmmmm

npras42
09-17-08, 05:22 PM
try flushing the dns resolver cache.

go to 'cmd.exe'
at the prompt type 'ipconfig /flushdns' without the ' '
see if it makes any difference.

Arto*
09-17-08, 06:44 PM
Hey I've found the solution to my problem.. I noticed that I had these unknown dll files in my startup registry, I remember deleting them before and after that my internet was fine.. but after every restart those files were back.. so what I did was basically disable system restore then went to safe mode to delete those files and now everything seems to be working fine.. I do appreciate everyones help, thanks again.

lobbslobb
04-10-09, 02:15 PM
Maybe try a registry cleaner? I use registry fix, worked great for my slow laptop, I use Vista too.

http://registryfixer.weebly.com

(nana2):captnkill:(nana2)