PDA

View Full Version : Need help

Tuork
05-17-03, 05:31 PM
I was given a GeForce 2 64MB video card which originally came with a Gateway computer. Once I installed it I keep getting problems with any game I try. In one case, rectangles appear where ever there should be text.

I've installed the latest drivers from the nvidia website but the problem persists. I don't know whether it's a problem with the card itself or any type of software.

Any solutions?

- tuork

digitalwanderer
05-17-03, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Tuork
I was given a GeForce 2 64MB video card which originally came with a Gateway computer. Once I installed it I keep getting problems with any game I try. In one case, rectangles appear where ever there should be text.

I've installed the latest drivers from the nvidia website but the problem persists. I don't know whether it's a problem with the card itself or any type of software.

Any solutions?

- tuork

If the game where rectangles occur instead of text is either "Mafia" or "GTA3" and your OS is XP I might just be able to help ya. What games are giving you problems?

Tuork
05-17-03, 09:47 PM
The game I'm having trouble with is exactly GTA3 AND my OS is XP.

I'd really appreciate the help. By the way, I also get some errors with Midtown Madness, mainly with the looking at a distance. (but that's another deal)

Just in case, I have a M810 motherboard made by PC chips.

- tuork

The Baron
05-17-03, 09:51 PM
AHHA!

Run Windows Update, and specifically you need the Direct3D update. That should fix everything up.

Damn Dig, how'd you know?

digitalwanderer
05-17-03, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Damn Dig, how'd you know?

I have 3 nVidia cards, two of 'em have XP, and GTA3 was me fave game until GTA:VC came out. ;)

I think I can fix just about any card with GTA now. :)

Tuork
05-18-03, 03:05 PM
Thanks, everything worked like a charm!

I'll be sure to swing by if I ever need help on anything else.

- Tuork