PDA

View Full Version : Spore sells 1 Million Copies

evox
09-25-08, 09:35 AM
Will Wright and Maxis' ambitious evolutionary title Spore has sold through 1 million copies since it launched on September 7, the company announced Wednesday.

"Spore is a hit," proclaimed EA Games label president Frank Gibeau.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/spore-a-hit

Wait a minute, I thought all of us were pirates? How the hell did Spore sell so many copies? :rolleyes:

Dreamingawake
09-25-08, 09:44 AM
Uhm. Just think, if not a single person pirated Spore and purchased a retail copy..

How many do you think they would have sold then ?

5, 6, 7 million ??

|MaguS|
09-25-08, 09:49 AM
1 million isn't much anymore, especially seeing GTA sell 8 million. I would call 1 million "good" for a game and "very good" for a PC Game. This game is more mainstream so its target consumer is more wide then a game like Crysis, that is why it sold well.

This is going to hurt "Hardcore" PC Gamers alot now... don't be too happy. Imagine, such an open and easy game to jump in and play sells so well and quickly. Every PC Developer is going to look at it for an example now. Especially EA...

You would expect a game created by Will Wright to sell far more.

And you are a dirty pirate, bend over and prepare for your spanking.

crainger
09-25-08, 09:51 AM
http://www.edge-online.com/news/spore-a-hit

Wait a minute, I thought all of us were pirates? How the hell did Spore sell so many copies? :rolleyes:

I bought 50 copies. CaptNKILL bought 1. I'll ask around and see who else bought some.

evox
09-25-08, 10:19 AM
You would expect a game created by Will Wright to sell far more.

Given SIMS history, I'd have to agree. Activations stop 0day releases, but are annoying to customers. I wish they would go back to simple SecuROM, Spore would've sold far more if EA didn't piss off legitimate customers. Ah well. :captnkill:

And you are a dirty pirate, bend over and prepare for your spanking.

Anal sex or gtfo.

Retrolock
09-25-08, 11:00 AM
Hooray for Will Wright. *applause*

Buio
09-25-08, 02:25 PM
Activations stop 0day releases, but are annoying to customers

Spore was pirated and released about 5 days before it was sold in stores afaik.

ViN86
09-25-08, 02:43 PM
Uhm. Just think, if not a single person pirated Spore and purchased a retail copy..

How many do you think they would have sold then ?

5, 6, 7 million ??

youre claiming that the piracy ratio is 4:1?

ROFL you cant be serious.

NaitoSan
09-25-08, 07:52 PM
I doubt piracy ratio is that high. I'm glad to see Spore is doing well and if it contiunes to sell more within next few months (which I'm guessing it will) so it should reach few million of copies, if not more than SIMS.