PDA

View Full Version : Blood 1 is Hard (What difficulty you played through?)

eXeraZoR
09-25-08, 10:33 AM
playing now blood1 for the first time
more blood info http://www.lith.com/games.asp?id=11
but this game is so hard....

so i wanted to ask around what difficulty most players played the game to the end?

hope blood 2 will be easier

LordJuanlo
09-25-08, 10:52 AM
What a great game, I'm not sure if I played it at maximum difficulty, or one notch below. And IMO, Blood 2 sucked.

HiCZoK4
09-25-08, 10:57 AM
Wow ! How do you got it to work with sound etc ? Dosbox gives me 10 fps and lag

MaXThReAT
09-25-08, 01:48 PM
Ahhh Blood and Shogo, two of my all time favorites.

SilentMercury
09-25-08, 02:17 PM
What about Rise of the Triad? I gotta find that somewhere.

grey_1
09-25-08, 03:02 PM
TBH I wouldn't even bother with Blood 2. it doesn't even resemble the blast that is Blood, really.

Awesome game, I played on whatever the 'normal' difficulty was an got pretty angry a couple times. Just when you think you got them nailed - Bam! :)

Good times.

Quick420
09-25-08, 07:16 PM
Blood was the first dos game I ever played and it is still fun to play using dosbox:D

NaitoSan
09-25-08, 07:45 PM
I agree, Blood is hard and one of greatest FPS games around. Too bad, no one seems to have the rights to Blood, let alone the source. :( I'd love to see someone mod Blood and make it to run under Vista or even see a port on XBLA like DOOM and Duke3D. :)

IMO, Blood 2 was ok, just not as good as first Blood.

Mr Bigman
09-25-08, 10:00 PM
How is this possible with todays hardware oand OS?

I know this game was so fun and adictive but rendered in software mode unless someone found a gl driver to re render it in hardware?

Good game and about same time as duke nukem 3d.came out

JaylumX
09-26-08, 01:08 AM
Blood was one of my favourate game when it came out. I played the shareware demo to death (those were the days when you really got your timesworth with a demo....sign, how times have changed huh) but couldn't find the full game around my vacinity at the time

eXeraZoR
09-26-08, 05:29 AM
i figured out how you can play blood1

install doxbox 0.72

put ure blood files to c:/oldgames

then open dosbox

press many many times CTRL+F12 until you get 60.000 cpu cycles (lookt at the top of the window)

type mount c: c:/oldgames
then c:/
before u start blood.exe u must run setup.exe to config the game to 800x600 and also config the sound settings, after that u can run blood.exe

then launch blood.exe

then you can play it without problems

walterman
09-26-08, 05:50 AM
What a great game, I'm not sure if I played it at maximum difficulty, or one notch below. And IMO, Blood 2 sucked.

Yes, we did :D

The coop gaming sessions were outstanding :D

NaitoSan
09-26-08, 06:27 AM
Aw man, I remember playing coop in Blood. That was so much fun. I couldn't stop laughing my ass off when my friend got squashed then gibbed by door. :lol:

mailman2
09-26-08, 08:53 AM
What about Rise of the Triad? I gotta find that somewhere.

Someone is working this over into windows, google for it. I believe there were downloads already available that replaced the textures and made it playable in windows environment.

LordJuanlo
09-26-08, 09:21 AM
Yes, we did :D

The coop gaming sessions were outstanding :D

Hell yes, when we played in coop it was at maximum difficulty, and it was a blast. Good ol' times