PDA

View Full Version : What Keyboard Now, Daniel?

PenguinJim
05-17-03, 07:48 PM
OK, this old beige MS Wireless Desktop I got for Cheap is good an all, but the mouse is uncomfortable and after 6 to 10 hours of use my mouse meat-hook really starts to hurt. So I'm getting a nice Logitech MX700 to give my hand a treat.

Unfortunately, keyboards seem kinda difficult to buy :(

I mean, there are reviews all over the Web for mouses... but keyboards don't get a look in. And I can't see a Logitech Keyboard/MX700 bundle. So I need a keyboard.

I want something cheapish and maybe cordless ;) and preferably quiet and comfortable and with a coffee maker and all sorts. I'm looking for two things: GOOD and GOOD VALUE.

Any thoughts? A keyboard? On its own? I'm in the UK, so any special UK offers at the moment would be nice :)

Also, would a 'good' keyboard be that much better than a 3 purple keyboard from eBuyer?

jAkUp
05-17-03, 09:12 PM
i recommend the logitech elite keyboard... best keyboard imo... its usb, so you dont have to fumble around with those ****ty keyboard ports, they also make a wireless flavor too:D

The Baron
05-17-03, 09:17 PM
I just use a $15 Logitech keyboard, works fine

SavagePaladin
05-18-03, 01:33 AM
problem I have with the Elite is all those fancy extra buttons are pretty stinking useless in XP for a lot o peeps, due to the delayed shutdown issue. I don't even keep the stupid software installed and they haven't updated the software in so long it makes me sick.

Still love the keyboard, but the software side.....is suck.

Rampant CL
05-18-03, 05:22 AM
Try the IBM keyboards, got them through the house and they are quality, no key sticking issues, just the right level of pressure response, just great really.

Riptide
05-18-03, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
problem I have with the Elite is all those fancy extra buttons are pretty stinking useless in XP for a lot o peeps, due to the delayed shutdown issue. I don't even keep the stupid software installed and they haven't updated the software in so long it makes me sick.

Still love the keyboard, but the software side.....is suck.
Yeah, but it does *look* cool though eh? :cool:

Matches the MX700 nicely.

Smokey
05-18-03, 09:32 AM
Got my iTouch software installed for my Logitech Elite, Ive got no problems at all, everything works as it should :) Im also using XP ;)

Riptide
05-18-03, 09:41 AM
Heh, when I first started playing Freelancer I couldn't figure out how to save a game and quit. I didn't know about that F-Lock key on the keyboard which ofcourse was turned off. So I started pecking keys until I found one that worked... the sleep key.

Doh!

PenguinJim
05-18-03, 06:26 PM
Thanks for your help guys....

The Logitech Elite looks very nice :)

But where is it :( I can't find it in the UK

Is this it? :

http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-search.asp?action=search&stab=ref&ob=manufacturer&cs=Products

It seems to just be called the Logitech Internet Navigator in the UK - the link is for the black and silver Special Edition, which is what I'd get :)

Smokey
05-19-03, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Thanks for your help guys....

The Logitech Elite looks very nice :)

But where is it :( I can't find it in the UK

Is this it? :

http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-search.asp?action=search&stab=ref&ob=manufacturer&cs=Products

It seems to just be called the Logitech Internet Navigator in the UK - the link is for the black and silver Special Edition, which is what I'd get :)

In europe its not called the Elite , it is the Internet Navigator SE (special Edition) :afro:

PenguinJim
05-19-03, 08:32 AM
Merci beaucoup, Smokey.

I've just ordered one :)

edit: sorry for the sucky link. I blame Dabs ;)