PDA

View Full Version : Game Reccomendations?

Pages : [1] 2

JohnEJohn
09-26-08, 01:57 AM
Just after a little info, been away from PC gaming for 2 years almost. Just wondering what games you guys enjoyed and I should pick up?

I have the Witcher EE but the new version runs so badly at the moment that I'm waiting for a new patch before I will play it.

So What games do you guys reccomend, I like FPS, RPG's, Strategy and Adventure Games mainly, but will play anything good. Oh and pleases don't mention Spore, my brother has it, I played it and ermm yeah....

...now time to take my shiny new dell tft back to pc world, purchased it last night, opened the box and it's smashed to bits.. grrrr

methimpikehoses
09-26-08, 01:58 AM
COD4 Multiplayer.

/thread

JohnEJohn
09-26-08, 02:03 AM
Is it really that good though? played the sinlge player demo and wasn't overly impressed. Don't get me wrong it looks good but i'm not too sure.

I used to play Battlefield 2 a lot, is it as good as that?

What about the original stalker or the new version are these any good? I keep hearing really mixed reviews

bob saget
09-26-08, 02:25 AM
COD4 is very addicting and fun. Give it a try, and multiplayer is a blast. It a little daunting when you just starting out, but stick with it, and it gets very fun.

bob saget
09-26-08, 02:26 AM
make sure you play HL2 episode 1 + 2 if you haven't tried those. Also TF2 is very fun and is not very hard on systems. Same goes for portal.

JohnEJohn
09-26-08, 02:31 AM
Played and completed EP 1 and 2, very enjoyable.

Will pick up COD 4 and another game, does anyone reccomend the original STALKER?

methimpikehoses
09-26-08, 02:34 AM
Witcher > STALKER

LT.Schaffer
09-26-08, 02:36 AM
Stalker the first one is awesome[have not played CS]
Armed Assault:)

JohnEJohn
09-26-08, 02:38 AM
I agree the witcher is great but I just can't play it at the moment, the frame rate is fine but it stutters constantly, many people having the same problem so I will wait until the issues are fixed, really annoyed me though as the demo ran fine and seemed very good.

I will Pick up COD 4 and Stalker (original) I think, shop opens in half an hour woohoo :D

NarcissistZero
09-26-08, 02:45 AM
Witcher, STALKER and Crysis are the reasons I still play PC games at the moment.

JohnEJohn
09-26-08, 02:52 AM
Also would anyone reccomend lost planet? Keep seeing it in bench's and looks very demanding but is the gameplay any good?

LordJuanlo
09-26-08, 03:03 AM
I enjoyed Lost Planet and I recommend this game to anyone who has a decent rig

bob saget
09-26-08, 03:05 AM
the first STALKER is great game, you will not regret it. Make sure to explore every nook and cranny ;) in that game.

nekrosoft13
09-26-08, 06:24 AM
Also would anyone reccomend lost planet? Keep seeing it in bench's and looks very demanding but is the gameplay any good?

depends if you like that type of game, it looks decent, it plays OK.

but can get quite boring quick

JohnEJohn
09-26-08, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the heads up on STALKER, just playing it on a LCD i just brought, been using an old 17" TFT for about 5 years now, its like night and day.

nekrosoft13
09-26-08, 09:39 AM
stalker is a great game, just make sure you patch it all way up before start playing.

old save games are not compatible with patches, and few early patches fix good deal of bugs.

hell_of_doom227
09-26-08, 10:40 AM
Civ IV - Colonization :) Founding Fathers, Trade, Wars, Diplomacy oh my best game of this year.

XDanger
09-26-08, 01:58 PM
apparently the 7950GX2 sucked ass when it was released so I'm sure it still does,
Instead of wasting money on retail games why not pick up a recent graphics card instead

Crysis Warhead, Supreme Commander< Not a personal recommendation as my copy is still sealed from 2 months ago.

ChaoticNick
09-26-08, 02:05 PM
Team Fortress 2, Crysis Wars/Warhead, and Red Alert 3 beta have kept me busy for weeks. I preordered The Witcher EE and haven't even played it yet.

JohnEJohn
09-27-08, 08:08 AM
apparently the 7950GX2 sucked ass when it was released so I'm sure it still does,
Instead of wasting money on retail games why not pick up a recent graphics card instead

Crysis Warhead, Supreme Commander< Not a personal recommendation as my copy is still sealed from 2 months ago.

Meow, the card was a great performer at the time and I got it for a pretty good price.

I need to update my specs anyway as I'm using a 4850 at the moment which isn't the greatest but will do me for a couple of months until the 280 comes down or something better comes out. Forged Alliance over a lan is pretty good though.

XDanger
09-27-08, 02:03 PM
I thought the GX2 explained the stuttering... My mistake.

geftargnabl
09-30-08, 04:15 AM
pc gamer my ass...

JohnEJohn
09-30-08, 07:28 AM
pc gamer my ass...

Sorry, I don't get your point.

DoomUK
09-30-08, 07:43 AM
Some of these have already been mentioned, I know:-

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (pass on Clear Sky, IMO)
HL2 Episode 1 & 2
C&C 3: Tiberium Wars
World in Conflict
CoD4
Crysis
GRiD (assuming you don't object to racers)
Test Drive Unlimited (see above)
Gears of War
Bioshock

crainger
09-30-08, 04:45 PM
Sorry, I don't get your point.

He's hitting on you.