PDA

View Full Version : any way to see your defrag progress

muelo1000
09-28-08, 04:47 AM
i was woundering if there was a way to see the progress on vista ultimate just the same way that you can se it for XP i can defrag my pc but it just stay defraging for a very long time and it dosent finish i have to quit the process and i want to know if theres a way that way i can see how much is left and how out of place is everything

Wolfhound
09-28-08, 05:19 AM
defrag -a <drive>: on a CMD with admin rights, it will give you the actual state of the disk, you can defrag all with defrag -v -w <drive>: (defrag -v -w c: )

muelo1000
09-28-08, 11:03 AM
will this actualy defrag the hard drive and show you the info or do you have to defrag sepretly and that would help you keep track of it .....Thanx

Jsunn
09-28-08, 05:51 PM
http://www.kessels.com/JkDefrag/

Great program!

-jason

Dirthead
09-28-08, 06:05 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118771

crainger
09-28-08, 07:33 PM
Auslogics FTW!

aceflier
09-28-08, 08:32 PM
Auslogics FTW!

+1

Quick420
09-29-08, 05:02 PM
+1

XDanger
10-08-08, 06:59 PM
Auslogics FTW!

IOBIT Smart Defrag's Turn off PC after defrag is a nice feature.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=5318

Also does multiple disks which as far as I can tell auslogics doesn't.

Supposedly optimizes also

Smart Defrag is the BEST defragger imo.

crainger
10-08-08, 11:27 PM
AUSlogics is better I'm afraid.

Problem with defraggers that run in the background is they can often slow your PC down and cause crashes, especially when gaming ::(:

AUSLogics is light and fast and only runs when you want it and it really makes a difference.

I checked a few reviews of Smart Drefrag and there are lots of reports of it corrupting files if a defrag is canceled. Not good. ::(:

ATOJAR
10-09-08, 01:58 AM
Another vote for Auslogics.

glObalist
10-09-08, 02:45 AM
I use this one, it's developed by Mark Rusinovich from Sysinternals:

http://www.itworks.sk/contig-defrag.rar

No need to install and does the job just right. Just run the GUI and make sure to select PowerMode for your defrags.

crainger
10-09-08, 03:13 AM
O_o I'll try that one out.

On my Test Bed anyways. ::bleh::

npras42
10-09-08, 08:17 AM
AUSlogics is better I'm afraid. (:

Why are you afraid? :afraid:

SLippe
10-09-08, 09:14 AM
Auslogics FTW!

+3 or whatever # we are up to. ;)

XDanger
10-09-08, 02:40 PM
AUSlogics is better I'm afraid.

Problem with defraggers that run in the background is they can often slow your PC down and cause crashes, especially when gaming ::(:
If you have it on auto you can set the defrag to stop when resource use reaches a certain percentage ,Eliminating that problem

AUSLogics is light and fast and only runs when you want it and it really makes a difference.
Smart Defrag gives you the options, its upto you what you do with them

I checked a few reviews of Smart Drefrag and there are lots of reports of it corrupting files if a defrag is canceled. Not good. ::(:
Smart Defrag is out of beta now, Not sure if thats fixed but since I run defrag then auto-shutdown that problem isnt relevant to me.

Also Ive never had a problem with broken files and Ive been using the beta's a long time.

But it is true that for every time someone downloads smartdefrag a kitten dies ::(:

crainger
10-09-08, 09:18 PM
If you have it on auto you can set the defrag to stop when resource use reaches a certain percentage ,Eliminating that problem

I'd still not have something start working on my HDD when my CPU/HDD usages starts to spike in a game or worse. watching a pr0n.

Smart Defrag gives you the options, its upto you what you do with them

Fair Point, but I still like to use quote tags like you did.

Smart Defrag is out of beta now, Not sure if thats fixed but since I run defrag then auto-shutdown that problem isnt relevant to me.

It will be. It will be.

Also Ive never had a problem with broken files and Ive been using the beta's a long time.

No time like the present.

But it is true that for every time someone downloads smartdefrag a kitten dies ::(:

I like kitties. ::(:

XDanger
10-10-08, 02:07 PM
My GF's sister "Accidently" killed her kitten in the washing machine,

The other day her ferret "jumped" out of the window eight storeys down...::(:

Now she's too lazy to take her dog to the vet for its antibiotics, some people need the shootins.

crainger
10-12-08, 07:34 PM
What?! What?! and What?!

If that series of event is factual then I...

I'm speechless.