PDA

View Full Version : No GOW 2 for PC...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

malachi1313
09-29-08, 10:44 PM
Story here:http://www.totalvideogames.com/articles/Gears_Of_War_2_-_Cliff_Bleszinski_QA_13820.htm These guys have turned in to a bunch of whiny ungrateful bastards. They act like XBOX games don't get pirated. They could be blowing smoke too...

crainger
09-29-08, 10:57 PM
That's ok. I didn't want Gears of War 2 anyway.

trivium nate
09-29-08, 11:20 PM
that sucks cuz it looks better on pc like DX10 FTW! plus the one for pc had more stuff in it like fighting a brumak

t3hl33td4rg0n
09-29-08, 11:24 PM
Why am i not suprised to hear cliffy***** say that?

MaXThReAT
09-29-08, 11:26 PM
What he is basically saying is we (Epic) are essential incapable and too stupid now to figure out how to make a profitable PC game... with good protection and will continue to suck on the teat of 12 year olds playing Xbox that just don't know any better.(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)

WeReWoLf
09-29-08, 11:42 PM
It's sad really. Epic used to be my favourite PC developer, and now they're almost exclusively Console. Oh well, more support and love for Valve/GSC/Crytek

Loreman
09-29-08, 11:45 PM
There has been a few threads on this already.

That being said my opinion is always that it's a good thing. The original game was blam blam console rubbish, and the trailers I saw for the second game looked even WORSE!

Good riddance I say!

slivski
09-30-08, 12:35 AM
http://fiftyonefiftyone.com/uploaded_images/oh_noes-714248.jpg

crainger
09-30-08, 12:42 AM
It's sad really. Epic used to be my favourite PC developer, and now they're almost exclusively Console. Oh well, more support and love for Valve/GSC/Crytek

To me Epic died when they release Unreal Championship on Xbox. Unreal 2 was their last good game. ::(:

BronzeGod
09-30-08, 01:12 AM
GoW was as exciting as Halo...........which is boring as hell. Halo = The WoW of FPS games

nutcrackr
09-30-08, 02:18 AM
hopefully MS changes there mind with a few $$$.

LordJuanlo
09-30-08, 02:25 AM
Why I have the feeling that it *WILL* be on PC after all?

geftargnabl
09-30-08, 04:03 AM
Well just look at all the games that took so long to finally come to pc (GoW Halo2 ect.) and by the time they did no one cared... they had either already tried the game at a friends or didnt really care in the first place but we still have valve and crytek we still have left 4 dead and FarCry 2 to look foreword to...

Why am i still up? DAMN YOU TF2 DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!

nekrosoft13
09-30-08, 06:29 AM
Why I have the feeling that it *WILL* be on PC after all?

because most likelly it will be

DoomUK
09-30-08, 06:38 AM
CliffyB (or whatever he calls himself these days) is heading more or less the same way as John Romero did back in the 90's. He would rather live the "rock n' roll" lifestyle through the medium of games than make great games/work hard/put the effort in/please the audience that he's hitherto earned the respect of.

I think they may be serious this time when they say a PC port isn't planned. Bugs or no bugs, DRM BS or no DRM BS, I've played through the first game on my PC several times.

Epic Fail, indeed.

K007
09-30-08, 07:18 AM
attention whores...

NaitoSan
09-30-08, 07:26 AM
GoW 2 will be coming to PC. I will be surprised if it didn't come to PC.

ralinn
09-30-08, 07:35 AM
I'm going to be mean and say I hope it never comes to the PC. Only reason being so I can laugh at the people that only stick to one platform. :D

Yes, I'm a ****. ;)

nekrosoft13
09-30-08, 07:39 AM
GoW 2 will be coming to PC. I will be surprised if it didn't come to PC.

Like K007 said, they are attention whores, look at GoW. They were denying it for how long? Even when GoW profile magically showed up in nvidia drivers they still denying it.

blizzle
09-30-08, 08:42 AM
I don't believe it for a minute, I'll wait for the PC version.

six_storm
09-30-08, 08:53 AM
I don't believe it for a minute, I'll wait for the PC version.

I'd be real surprised if the PC version never comes out. If it doesn't, oh well. Gears is a great game, but the 2nd one doesn't look anything more than the first.

blizzle
09-30-08, 09:16 AM
I'd be real surprised if the PC version never comes out. If it doesn't, oh well. Gears is a great game, but the 2nd one doesn't look anything more than the first.

Agreed. Only reason the first one was any good was the LAN coop, and after one playthrough it got old. If it actually doesn't come out (which it will) it's not a huge loss. It's EPIC afterall, they don't mean crap anymore.

NarcissistZero
09-30-08, 01:54 PM
I don't recall language this strong when they denied the first port... he's saying "definately" and bashing PC gaming at the same time.

Sort of surprising, and shows where developers' heads are when it comes to PC gaming, piracy and all the rest.

DoomUK
09-30-08, 04:27 PM
I don't recall language this strong when they denied the first port... he's saying "definately" and bashing PC gaming at the same time.

Exactly.

Buenamos
09-30-08, 05:02 PM
It seems I'm the only one who doesn't blame Epic. If I was developing a game, I would make it multi-platform as it's extremely expensive to develop games anymore but I too would only aim towards consoles. Especially this generation because there's easily enough power there to play with, the dev machines are great from what I've heard (360 mainly, but still), it's easier to optimize, and there's a MUCH larger audience.

I'm personally pumped for this game, I loved the first one and think this will easily surpass it in every way.