PDA

View Full Version : Crysis Wars - Free Weekend (Oct 10-12)

evox
10-04-08, 10:54 AM
Really surprised no one posted this yet:

Electronic Arts and Crytek are announcing today that Crysis Wars, the new multiplayer suite for Crytek’s award-winning Crysis franchise and part of the critically acclaimed Crysis Warhead package, will be available for free from Friday, October 10th through Sunday, October 12th.

“We have been extremely pleased with the reception we have received from gamers and press for Crysis Warhead,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “Crysis Wars is definitely a big reason for this success and something we are dedicated to, not only as a part of future Crysis titles, but in terms of releasing new modes and continued support for our growing community.”

Starting on Monday, October 6th, gamers can take advantage of this offer by registering online at www.mycrysis.com. After registration, those who sign up will be emailed a unique activation key that will allow them to immediately play Crysis Wars on LAN for the entire week and will allow them to play on Gamespy servers from October 10th at 11:00 AM PT to October 12th at 11:59 PM.

NaitoSan
10-04-08, 11:42 AM
Crysis Warhead sold very well? If so, that's great! Hope we'll see more PC exclusive of Crysis games in the future.

CaptNKILL
10-04-08, 12:09 PM
Cool. I'll probably give this a shot. :D

Alaa
10-04-08, 02:32 PM
I was hoping to try this game. :)

XDanger
10-05-08, 04:54 PM
Free stuff is good.

CaptNKILL
10-18-08, 11:27 PM
So did anyone even get in on this? I saw no news of this at all since this thread was created so I completely missed it. I downloaded the client as soon as it was available too...

I checked today to see when it started only to see the "free weekend has ended" message from 4 days ago on the Crysis site.

Alaa
10-18-08, 11:35 PM
I did! :D

Sazar
10-19-08, 12:38 AM
I never played the MP portion. Is it worth it?

I thought both Crysis and Warhead were pretty good, highly under-rated games tbh :cool:

evox
10-19-08, 09:54 AM
I never played the MP portion. Is it worth it?

I thought both Crysis and Warhead were pretty good, highly under-rated games tbh :cool:

Can't speak for Crysis Wars (Haven't gotten a chance to install it yet) but original Crysis's MP is abysmal and definitely not worth playing. Far too many balance issues, zero teamwork, too much camping orientated, far too much spawn/base rape, no TDM, too much vehicle whoring and most importantly, that god damn PunkBuster won't let you play 99% of the time. Oh, not alot of servers either. :thumbdwn:

Sk8rdd00
10-19-08, 10:58 AM
So they drop support for the original Crysis 6 months after it was released and expect us to buy Warhead if we want proper multiplayer support? Crysis hasn't even been out a year FFS. How about throwing us a bone and patching the original so both original Crysis owners and Warhead owners can play together? Oh wait I forgot its EA. And as far as i'm concerned they can go **** themselves. Its **** like this that drives people away from pc gaming.

ViN86
10-19-08, 12:02 PM
free for 2 days? :wtf:

does it cost money to play (aka subscription)? or does it cost money for the MP addon? i dont get it.

evox
10-19-08, 12:39 PM
free for 2 days? :wtf:

does it cost money to play (aka subscription)? or does it cost money for the MP addon? i dont get it.

Crysis Wars comes with Crysis: Warhead, so technically you get it by paying for it. Crysis Wars itself isn't subscription based or anything. The free weekend is similar to what Valve does. Players were given the opportunity to try out the multiplayer component of Crysis: Warhead (Crysis Wars) free for 2 days.

@Sk8rdd00:
EA didn't develop Crysis, Crytek did. If anything, I would blame them for poor after sales support.

Sk8rdd00
10-19-08, 12:51 PM
@Sk8rdd00:
EA didn't develop Crysis, Crytek did. If anything, I would blame them for poor after sales support.

While its true that EA didn't Develop Crysis, Crytek is very much at the mercy of EA. I have an easier time believing that EA contributed to the demise of support for Crysis simply because they have a very long history of this with most of their products.

Far Cry 1 was supported for a few years while Crytek was under Ubisoft.

evox
10-19-08, 12:56 PM
While its true that EA didn't Develop Crysis, Crytek is very much at the mercy of EA. I have an easier time believing that EA contributed to the demise of support for Crysis simply because they have a very long history of this with most of their products.

Far Cry 1 was supported for a few years while Crytek was under Ubisoft.

Nah, if EA had a word in it, we would've gotten 5 patches that weigh 1.5GB each. :headexplode:

Medal of Honor: Airborne/BF series anyone? :p