PDA

View Full Version : Got myself an 360 elite

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DJMONDY
10-06-08, 03:35 AM
And what a difference! :D Colours, sharpness in 1080p films, everything is just that much better. well worth it imo!

And OMG its more or less silent compared to my old one and it looks very nice in black i think :)

Was kinda hoping the transfer cable would have been included with the system but nothing :( where can i get one? dont really want to lose all my saves off my old 360.

betterdan
10-06-08, 06:38 AM
Can you transfer them to a usb flash drive?

EciDemon
10-06-08, 07:35 AM
Can you transfer them to a usb flash drive?

No you can not (you can do this on the ps3), but I think you can transfer saves to the 360 special memory cards.

parasiteeve
10-06-08, 07:51 AM
And what a difference! :D Colours, sharpness in 1080p films, everything is just that much better. well worth it imo!

Placebo effect of spending more $$$. It want look any different than any other 360 using an HDMI connection.

DJMONDY
10-06-08, 11:32 AM
Placebo effect of spending more $$$. It want look any different than any other 360 using an HDMI connection.

Lol ok whatever you say

parasiteeve
10-06-08, 11:36 AM
Lol ok whatever you say

News flash the Elite edition doesnt have anything special that will enhance colors and graphics as you claim. LOL.

jdspinna
10-06-08, 12:09 PM
I think Microsft will send you out a transfer cable for free if you call them.

Did you have an older unit without HDMI?

Destroy
10-06-08, 12:21 PM

And OMG its more or less silent compared to my old one and it looks very nice in black i think :)

Was kinda hoping the transfer cable would have been included with the system but nothing :( where can i get one? dont really want to lose all my saves off my old 360.

So wait..you're saying the newer 360s has better image quality than your older one?

parasiteeve
10-06-08, 12:37 PM
So wait..you're saying the newer 360s has better image quality than your older one?

Yes that is what he is saying LOL.

nicorulez
10-06-08, 12:55 PM
Dude, the Elite is only different from the prior XBox 360 in that it may be a Falcon edition and runs quieter, but the guts are the same. The CPU and GPU are unchanged. In no way is the Elite superior to the prior HDMI XBox360, except for the cool black colors and the fact that it likely is quieter because of the smaller CPU. However, visual fidelity is the same. The games are the same and run the same. It is asinine to claim superiority, unless you had a prior XBox360 with componenet outputs. Even then, good component outputs are very comparable to HDMI visual quality. Thus, you are seriously mistaken or just trying to justify your 400 dollar purchase. Peace.

Nico

NarcissistZero
10-06-08, 02:21 PM
Every 360 now has HDMI and the new, cooler innards... why the hell did you pay for an Elite?

Stoneyguy
10-06-08, 03:00 PM

True, but it could have looked better for other reasons. The color could be improved because of the default video vibrant. He could have been using sub-par connections on his non-hdmi 360. The quieter aspect is true.

DJMONDY
10-07-08, 03:39 AM
Why is everyone (apart from 1 or two people) assuming i already had a 360 with hdmi? because parasiteeve?!?!

I didnt. i had an original 360 using vga or component.

nicorulez: I know the guts are the same. i know the games run in exactly the same way as they did before. im not claiming they are different in any way. im just saying that the hdmi connection gives much better image quality over the other connections available and the one ive just bought happened to be an elite edition 360.

Why would i want to justify my purchase to you?

NarcissistZero: i had an original release 360, WITHOUT HDMI!!!!!

parasiteeve: You might assume everyone is as thick as you but im not. i know damn well a cable wouldnt enhance graphics quality. all i said was image quality was better. tit!

Wish i hadnt bothered posting.

betterdan, jdspinna: thank you (to the guys who dont assume things) i will look it up and give them a call. and yes my older 360 didnt have hdmi.

EciDemon
10-07-08, 03:52 AM
When going from Component (via component to vga converter, then connected to my 22" monitor) to vga I did notice a slightly better image. I figured it was due to much shorter cable length. My old 360 dont have hdmi so I cant compare vga with hdmi. However I dont think id see much difference there cept for better pixel alignment.

NarcissistZero
10-07-08, 05:10 AM
Why is everyone (apart from 1 or two people) assuming i already had a 360 with hdmi? because parasiteeve?!?!

I didnt. i had an original 360 using vga or component.

I think the point is that if you were going to buy another for the HDMI, why didn't you just spend $200 and get the core model, then put your old HDD on it?

DJMONDY
10-07-08, 05:31 AM
I wanted the elite. and it didnt cost me a penny, i exchanged my old for new.

parasiteeve
10-07-08, 09:02 AM
NarcissistZero: i had an original release 360, WITHOUT HDMI!!!!!

Well maybe you should have mentioned that the first time to save yourself from looking like a :retard:

NaitoSan
10-07-08, 02:16 PM
parasiteeve is an idiot. Don't mind him and he's banned now. :D DJMONDY, I'm happy for you. I did exactly the same, by returning my old X360 in for Elite (I pretended my old X360 has some problems with video lol). I got full refund and only paid $50 on Elite and I was really happy. The image quality has improved a lot with HDMI. It made all games look cleaner, especially watching DVD or HD videos.

Enjoy your new Elite. :)

DJMONDY
10-08-08, 03:23 AM
Lol thankyou. dont ban him on my behalf tho.

But yea my point was as you said that everything looks alot cleaner and sharper, especially in films with hdmi.

Unfortunately i have some bad news. i will have to return my elite only after 3 days. its shown 3 red lights already but i removed all the cables and put them back it hasnt happened again but the other thing is it just will not play condemnded 2. it keeps saying disk unreadable and to clean it but the disk is in perfect condition. it was playing up with halo 3 at first but i got that working after a while.

I will replace it the weekend for another. just my luck ay :(

Lfctony
10-08-08, 03:27 AM
Jesus Christ, already?

What about VGA vs HDMI? I have an LG TV if it makes a difference. I connected it using HDMI yesterday, will have to play a bit to see if its any different. I've read several opinions on this. Others say its better in VGA, others in HDMI... BTW I had to choose the resolution manually, not 720p or 640p etc. I picked 1360x768, which is closest to my TV's native resolution...

NaitoSan
10-08-08, 03:34 AM
Damn, that's too bad about 3 Red Lights or disc not reading. :( Hope you get it replaced without any problems.

I used to use VGA before I got Elite. It looked rather blurry, and color seems to be a bit washed out. So I went to get Elite and used HDMI, man it's totally different and a lot cleaner and sharper. My HDTV is from Samsung, so it may be different for other brands/models.

EciDemon
10-08-08, 03:35 AM
Damn thats tough luck man. I thought the 360s now days were long past dying within the first days ... guess not.

Lfctony
10-08-08, 04:03 AM
Well, mine sucked using component, and it became crystal clear using VGA. But, I'm using HDMI to DVI for my TV, it doesn't have a >>HDMI<< port. Maybe that's why I get to pick an actual resolution instead of 720p etc, and maybe that's why it looks identical to my VGA setup, which looked great anyway...

Edit: Corrected Port, said DVI instead of HDMI. My TV has a DVI port only...

DJMONDY
10-08-08, 04:07 AM
Lfctony: ive tried all connections for the 360 and hdmi is by far the best, when the 360 works lol :o

I used to prefer vga over component but everyone has different opinions. i have the sony 40w2000.

I used to have a tv that did 1360x768, nothing to complain about really but i was told that its not a true hd resolution. i think 720p is 1280x720. there actually might be a way to get that res working on your tv, have a look around. i used to have to choose the 720p (while in 1360x768) and quickly flick to a different av setting on my old tv.

EciDemon, NaitoSan: i thought the problems were all sorted too :( maybe i just had a bad one or it was kept it bad storage or something.

They should replace it straight away, if they dont they will have a mouthfull of me i can tell you!! after 3 days i dont see how they can turn me down, but we will see. maybe ill record it and put it on youtube :D

NaitoSan
10-08-08, 04:17 AM
I think there's a thread somewhere here or in xbox.com that you can check the model number whatever it's using Falcon or whatever. Less chance that you will get RROD. (Red Ring of Death). Mine isn't using Falcon mobo but it's still working great. *knocks on wood* :o So I guess it's luck.