PDA

View Full Version : Asus A7N8X Deluxe POST Reporter message

Nemesis
05-19-03, 03:30 AM
A colleague here in the office has recently built a system based on the following:

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mobo
Athlon XP2400
512Mb PC333 DDR RAM
ATI Radeon 9000 All-in Wonder GFX

When he first boots up, the POST reporter says "No Processor Installed" repeatedly. If he re-boots, the system starts up fine, and runs perfectly.

All the rest of his setup is standard, 350W PSU, DVD-ROM / CD-RW combo, single HDD, the only "oddity" is he has no floppy drive installed. BIOS is whatever came on the board, which is about 2 months old. He's not overclocking, running any hot timings or performance settings.

Any ideas anyone?

Grechie
05-19-03, 05:11 AM
hrmm very wierd, has he tried taking it out and then putting it back in ? or tried another processor (AXP)
wen i first bout mine, it was a 1002 beta 012 bios, and it worked fine and the post reporter didnt have any probs, and with the new bios it still works, :)

dnoyeB
05-19-03, 10:08 AM
I think its still kind of flaky. My POST sometimes indicates a failed memory testm but the on screen test does not indicate any failures and my system has yet to crash...

madthumbs
05-21-03, 02:12 PM
I read somewhere about the shipping battery causing problems in the BIOS, however... I tried replacing it and the board appears to be dead now.

dnoyeB
05-21-03, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by madthumbs
I read somewhere about the shipping battery causing problems in the BIOS, however... I tried replacing it and the board appears to be dead now.

What board do you have?

john19055
05-21-03, 03:35 PM
The post reporter is bugy,maybe it will be fixed with another bios update,I'm useing 1004 bios on my A7N8X-Deluxe2.0 and sometimes it will say memory failed but will boot up and work fine and sometimes the reporter will boot up and it don't say anything it just boots up and works fine and others times it boots up normal and says what it is supposed too.

styles-T
05-21-03, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by dnoyeB
I think its still kind of flaky. My POST sometimes indicates a failed memory testm but the on screen test does not indicate any failures and my system has yet to crash...

I get the same memory error..I put 1 stick of memory at a time in my Motherboard and tested all fine..I think it might be a glitch cause I boot up to that error with no problems..weaird..Happens once in a blue moon..??

Rev 1.04 1001G

madthumbs
05-21-03, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by dnoyeB
What board do you have?

-A7n8x deluxe

Bios was always flaky.

logicboy
06-03-03, 12:25 PM
you might want to check for asus for the proper bios...
they seem to have two different bois update for that mobo
one for urs (2.0) and the older version 1.3 , 1.4 and 1.6

UDawg
06-09-03, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis

When he first boots up, the POST reporter says "No Processor Installed" repeatedly. If he re-boots, the system starts up fine, and runs perfectly.

Joo need to slap that woman to put her in place. :p

scott123
06-09-03, 11:15 PM
I can't believe you guys actually leave that stupid option on in the bios :)