PDA

View Full Version : Wow. NBA Live 09 is WAY better than NBA 2K9

Tygerwoody
10-07-08, 07:39 PM
Its true.

|MaguS|
10-07-08, 07:51 PM
Not according to reviews... Wonder how Sony's NBA '09: The Inside compares to the others, they have been releasing pretty good sport games lately.

1337_Like_ThaT
10-07-08, 07:55 PM
But dont you have to pay an additional $20 to use the DNA update feature?

I've played the demos of NBA 2k9 and NBA Live 09 and still stuck between which to get...crowd and arenas look soo nice on NBA 2k9....

Buio
10-08-08, 01:22 AM
At least NBA Live 09 is closer than last years.

I'm still bit indecisive yet, but looks like NBA 2k9 for me.

Tygerwoody
10-08-08, 05:02 AM
NBA Live 08 when it released last year was a drastic improvement. This years is another drastic improvement. Especially AI.

My main complaints about NBA Live 09:

-Crowd sucks
-Game stutters from time to time
-Shorts and Jerseys bounce around WAY too much
-Character Creation seems buggy at the moment
-Players that normally do layups(like Chris Paul), do dunks more often. This isn't a killer, but with the DNA in this game, it should be a bit more real.
-I liked NBA Live 08's free throw system better than the current version

My Favorite things about NBA Live 09:

-Textures are very good
-DNA is AWESOME. It is free. The only time you have to pay for it is if you want to continue to use DNA for NEXT YEAR'S service. You always get an entire year for free.
-There is no more missing ridiculous layups or easy buckets. If you leave an NBA caliber open and he is near the basket, you can bet he will most always make it.
-Its actually beneficial to pass the ball around and run plays. No more giving the ball to your best player and having him drive every time.

jAkUp
10-08-08, 11:00 PM
I liked the Live demo also, but reviews say otherwise... one thing is for sure the crowd in NBA 2K9 is incredible, probably the best I have ever seen in any sports game.

Zelda_fan
10-09-08, 12:05 AM
sports basketball games suck. I'd rather play the real thing. It's cheaper, more fun, and gets you in shape.

NarcissistZero
10-09-08, 12:52 AM
But dont you have to pay an additional $20 to use the DNA update feature?

I've played the demos of NBA 2k9 and NBA Live 09 and still stuck between which to get...crowd and arenas look soo nice on NBA 2k9....

You only need to buy that feature if it didn't come with your game... i.e. you bought it used.

They were really stupid to release that $20 thing without a band of trumpets saying it was only for that specific case. People don't read things anymore, they just see $20 and freak out.

Buio
10-09-08, 05:09 AM
They were really stupid to release that $20 thing without a band of trumpets saying it was only for that specific case. People don't read things anymore, they just see $20 and freak out.

Yeah it got a bit misunderstood. But anyway both games have live updates during season for free. The games aren't out yet here, so I have some days more to decide on which to get.

Tygerwoody
10-09-08, 09:47 AM
I liked the Live demo also, but reviews say otherwise... one thing is for sure the crowd in NBA 2K9 is incredible, probably the best I have ever seen in any sports game.

I agree. NBA 2K9's crowd is light years above any other sports game. NBA Live 09's actually has one of the worst I've ever seen(for current gen consoles anyway)

Severian126
10-09-08, 11:28 AM
Sorry Tyger. Unlike last year where it was kinda close, this year 2k9 blows Live 09 out of the water. :o

I never understood how people can like the player models in Live. Even in freeze frame, they don't look completely human - and this comment includes their form, pose, or what have you. See it in animation and it takes the realism out of the game. They slide around and move like robots sometimes.

2k9, though it has its problems, isn't as prevailent and most of the time, the animations are smooth and lifelike.

Impressions of 2K9 will be coming soon. :)

Buio
10-10-08, 02:15 PM
No NBA 2k9 yet for me....

Was by the local store and they said it had been postponed 2 weeks. Was to be released today but now its 24/10 instead.