PDA

View Full Version : Valve Spends $10m on Left 4 Dead Advertising

Pages : [1] 2

evox
10-10-08, 12:37 AM
But the studio is trying to leave as little to chance as possible, as the firm told Edge exclusively on Thursday it will be spending $10 million (£5.9m) on a consumer campaign that will incorporate television, online, print and outdoor advertising across the country. The game is slated to ship on November 17 on Xbox 360 and PC.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/left-4-deads-10m-ad-campaign

BTW, read the full article! It's worth it.

K007
10-10-08, 01:56 AM
is this game really worth that much $ -.-

nutcrackr
10-10-08, 02:06 AM
bit risky, that's the budget for most games.

CaptNKILL
10-10-08, 02:23 AM
This game better be damned good. That's a LOT of money for advertising. Especially for a title that is getting far more interest from the PC crowd.

Then again, that's probably why they're doing this. They have the PC gamers' interest already, now they need to attract the X360 players.

evox
10-10-08, 02:37 AM
This game better be damned good. That's a LOT of money for advertising. Especially for a title that is getting far more interest from the PC crowd.

Then again, that's probably why they're doing this. They have the PC gamers' interest already, now they need to attract the X360 players.

Yeah. Really hope Valve doesn't get burned. I personally can't wait for it. :D

Sobbsy
10-10-08, 03:17 AM

No, no it isn't. I'll still be buying Overhyped Zombie Game™ though :)

evox
10-10-08, 05:58 AM
Very effin much: http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-trip

nekrosoft13
10-10-08, 07:19 AM
buying this game for sure. i need a good zombie game ;)

LordJuanlo
10-10-08, 07:56 AM
Valve + Zombies + Coop... how it could be a bad game???.

BTW, when they will take preorders on Steam?

nutcrackr
10-10-08, 08:12 AM
Steam preorder starts on the 15th of OCT.

bacon12
10-10-08, 10:23 AM
I am gonna buy it, and all my friends are gonna buy it. I don't know about the console crowd, which is probably why they are spending this money.

Destroy
10-10-08, 10:37 AM
I dunno, will wait and see. No true SP campaign kind of annoys me. Playing Dead Rising right now, bit zombied out. Sledge hammer ftw.

bacon12
10-10-08, 10:39 AM
I have yet to buy but one game from valve (portal) that I didn't feel like I got more than my monies worth. That is a rare thing today, and I have so many titles that I feel like I just wasted $50 on.

Ywap
10-10-08, 10:50 AM
I´m not interested in this one since it doesn´t have a single player campaign.

Dead Island on the other hand.....

Tygerwoody
10-10-08, 11:21 AM
I'm still wondering the longevity of this game. It seems like a game you'd have a blast with for a few hours and then stop playing. I'm still buying it, but I'm just saying....

Lfctony
10-10-08, 11:29 AM
Pass...

LordJuanlo
10-10-08, 12:22 PM
The game has single player campaign, your teammates are controlled by the AI, it's just like Gears of War where you always have a mate, controlled by a friend or by the AI.

Lfctony
10-10-08, 12:39 PM
The game has single player campaign, your teammates are controlled by the AI, it's just like Gears of War where you always have a mate, controlled by a friend or by the AI.

Can you post where you read that? I want to read a bit more. The concept sounds nice, but I never was into MP games. If the gameplay is good enough with bots I might get it...

hirantha
10-10-08, 12:45 PM
yeah this game looks repetitive (run and gun)... games likes that wont last for long.

LordJuanlo
10-10-08, 12:54 PM
Can you post where you read that? I want to read a bit more. The concept sounds nice, but I never was into MP games. If the gameplay is good enough with bots I might get it...

Don't remember where I read it first time, but it appears on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_4_Dead).

Left 4 Dead pits four human playable or AI controlled survivors of an apocalyptic pandemic against hordes of zombie-like, aggressive "Infected".

If four human players are not available to play, the Survivors can also be AI-controlled bots

evox
10-10-08, 01:14 PM
yeah this game looks repetitive (run and gun)... games likes that wont last for long.
Did you read the preview link I posted before? The Director is completely dynamic, it won't ever repeat a scenario twice. Left 4 Dead has quickly become my most anticipated title. :D

Destroy
10-10-08, 01:45 PM
What exactly is expected to be so different and great about this game? Can we take control or command our AI partners? Any standout environment interactions?

ClosetFanBoy
10-10-08, 02:39 PM
They could spend another 10 million and I wont be interested. Game just has zero appeal to me. Even with the 360 and it's cheevements, I cant justify.

evox
10-10-08, 02:53 PM
What exactly is expected to be so different and great about this game? Can we take control or command our AI partners? Any standout environment interactions?

http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-index

Destroy
10-10-08, 03:02 PM
http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-index

If I gotta read all that crap, it's not worth it. Cliff Notes version needed.