PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 2 gone gold

EciDemon
10-10-08, 06:58 AM
With all the piracy talk going on it should be interesting to see how long before a leak is spread...

http://kotaku.com/5061501/gears-of-war-2-goes-gold-just-like-every-other-game-ever-released

Man so many good games this winter it's bad news for my wallet :D

Lfctony
10-10-08, 07:21 AM
Come on scene, we have to send this to Cliffy! :p

JaylumX
10-10-08, 08:22 AM
I can't wait for this game. Prequel is one of my favourite games :captnkill:

mailman2
10-10-08, 08:28 AM
Piracy is gonna run rampant on this just cause CliffyB is such a little rat faced weasel.

grey_1
10-10-08, 09:47 AM
This will be the first ever Xbox game I've purchased. :D

bacon12
10-10-08, 10:03 AM
May be my brothers bday present from me. THat way I can go over and play it. :D

Retrolock
10-10-08, 11:33 AM
Console shooters. Meh. I won't even pirate this. CliffyB will be happy with me.

Severian126
10-10-08, 11:40 AM
Don't care about Cliffy, but Gears of War was an excellent game. I've been waiting for GOW2 for awhile now. Time to play some co-op with my brother. :)

LordJuanlo
10-10-08, 12:00 PM
Agree, I really enjoyed the first one on the PC, and also finished it in coop on my brothers's 360, however I didn't enjoy the split screen experience. I hope a PC version will come any day, I don't enjoy controlling that kind of games with a gamepad

Destroy
10-10-08, 12:18 PM
Like Halo, have no clue why this game series is so praised. Found GoW only average; played it solely for the gfx on PC.

NaitoSan
10-10-08, 12:21 PM
I can't wait for this one, I'm trying not to look at video/screenshot too much. I want to wait until it's out so I can enjoy it fully. I loved the first GoW, in fact, I should re-play it.

Severian126
10-10-08, 12:52 PM
Like Halo, have no clue why this game series is so praised. Found GoW only average; played it solely for the gfx on PC.

I guess the greatest appeal to me is the seameless 2 player co-op. Not alot of games do it well. The story isn't the greatest ever, but it does the job. Action feels nice and the cover system is good.

But yeah, I love playing on the coach on a big screen with friends or a family member, and this one does the job quite nicely. Not a lot of game combines all that with a great co-op play, out there. Army of Two was alright, but GOW is the best one that fits that bill. If you're used to playing alone on the PC and prefer your shooters that way (as most of the case is with FPS on PC), then it's definitely not the game for you. :)

Lfctony
10-10-08, 01:04 PM
Played mine on the 360, like it a lot. A couple of mates got it on the PC, loved it... Can't wait for this, getting it on release day... GoW had special avatars if you played on Emergence Day. :)

ClosetFanBoy
10-10-08, 02:08 PM
I love the added features to an already great game. The video sold me. Looks like it's gonna be one hell of a ride. :D

HiCZoK4
10-11-08, 03:08 AM
I am going to buy this for sure. In fact I dont have 360 modded and I dont plan to do that. I enjoy more playing original games

NarcissistZero
10-11-08, 08:44 AM
Loved the first game, very enjoyable shooter with a good cover system and an "epic" feel... har!

I'll get this day one.

EciDemon
10-13-08, 07:02 AM
Don't care about Cliffy, but Gears of War was an excellent game. I've been waiting for GOW2 for awhile now. Time to play some co-op with my brother. :)

Same reason Im waiting for this game :)

It's not often I get my brother to join me in playing games on my consoles, GoW however was a completley different story, he even asked me to replay the game some more just for the fun of it :)

This is also what made Halo 3 good as we could play it Coop and we had a blast doing so. Ecpecially with gathering all the hidden skulls, some of them requried some creative thinking from the both of us :D.

Army of two was also pretty decent but way too short.

I wish there were more good Coop/splitscreen games around.

Severian126
10-13-08, 11:30 AM
Same reason Im waiting for this game :)

It's not often I get my brother to join me in playing games on my consoles, GoW however was a completley different story, he even asked me to replay the game some more just for the fun of it :)

This is also what made Halo 3 good as we could play it Coop and we had a blast doing so. Ecpecially with gathering all the hidden skulls, some of them requried some creative thinking from the both of us :D.

Army of two was also pretty decent but way too short.

I wish there were more good Coop/splitscreen games around.

Yeah, totally! I guess it's something most regular FPS shooter fans dont' understand. Halo 3 was incredibly fun because I hardly played it alone. I always did it with 3 other friends and we had tons of fun. My and my brother, every once in awhile, will go back and play GoW when we're bored and it always manages to be a blast. Can't wait for GoW 2!

And yes, it's a shame that there isn't a lot more games like it. In fact, I can only count 3: Halo 3, GoW, and Army of Two. :(

NaitoSan
11-03-08, 10:08 PM
IGN gave GoW2 9.5 out of 10.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/926/926305p1.html

It's getting great reviews. 95 at Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/gearsofwar2

crainger
11-03-08, 10:50 PM
It's good. Can't wait to play.