PDA

View Full Version : nforce drivers Version 2.41 and Plextor cdrw

Steven301
05-19-03, 04:50 PM
Is there anyway to run the nvidia drivers with a plextor cdrw or do I have to uninstall these and go back to ide drivers for windows.

:mad:

simian
05-22-03, 07:20 AM
id suggest checking for a firmware update if you are having problems or reinstalling the drivers. i have an 48x and an old 12x plextor in my box and they both run fine.

saturnotaku
05-22-03, 09:40 AM
If you had read the other thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12086) dedicated to the new drivers, you would know that the IDE drivers in this package are giving people no end of trouble. Uninstall them, and reinstall without using the NVIDIA IDE driver.

jnd3
05-22-03, 11:18 AM
Does Windows at least detect the drive? If so, try setting it to PIO mode in device manager. As long as it's on a separate channel from your hard drives, it shouldn't have a huge impact on performance. If not, well, do what they say and uninstall it already! ;)

Cheers,
JND

saturnotaku
05-22-03, 11:34 AM
Hey jnd, what happened to Samurai Jack?

jnd3
05-22-03, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Hey jnd, what happened to Samurai Jack?
Heheh. Jack's still hanging around. If I ever get around to watching the new season I might put that one back up. "Matrix Reloaded" and my anticipation for Tron 2.0 have put me in more of the digital samurai mood, though (and the Tron guy actually looks a little like me (but just a little more than Jack) :D).

Oh, and regarding the Nvidia IDE driver...overall I've been pretty pleased with it. There's the annoying "park the heads on reboot" issue, and the fact that I had to set the Teac CDRW to PIO mode for some games to work, but other than that it's been great.

Cheers,
JND

simian
05-22-03, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
If you had read the other thread (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12086) dedicated to the new drivers, you would know that the IDE drivers in this package are giving people no end of trouble. Uninstall them, and reinstall without using the NVIDIA IDE driver.

not everyone is having a problem with the drivers. most of the time its due to operator error.

saturnotaku
05-22-03, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by simian
most of the time its due to operator error.

Looks like someone here has a case of Rage3D syndrome. Listen, if it was 1 or 2 people having trouble then I might be inclined to believe user error. But if you check out nForcersHQ, amdmb and other sites you'll see this is hardly an isolated problem. Would you say the problem is with user error if people who had trouble uninstalled the IDE driver and now their machines work perfectly?

Hell, it even seems like NVIDIA has acknowledged their IDE driver is buggy because they just released a 2.42 driver package that doesn't even include and IDE driver. Check out Warp2search for more info.