PDA

View Full Version : FIFA 09 or PES 09

Logical
10-10-08, 01:39 PM
Ok, firstly i know atm PES is only in a demo state and FIFA is released.

For people who have played both demo's or pes demo and FIFA full game....which do you think is/will be the best football game ?

nekrosoft13
10-10-08, 01:54 PM
visually Fifa wins
gameplay wise PES slightly better

total package (visuals, gameplay, teams, real players etc..) I would go with Fifa.

Imbroglio
10-10-08, 05:26 PM
i voted PES because fifa runs like ass on my old ass computer :p

regardless i'm still a gameplay *****, fifa never feels like i have control over the ball. I just feel detached... maybe it's just me

npras42
10-11-08, 08:33 AM
I thought the PES demo was a steaming POS. They've actually made the gameplay worse compared to the older PS2 generation games. I would seriously rather load up the old game for a decent 'accurate' game of football than play something of the quality of that demo. Utterly disappointed from a long-standing diehard PES fan.

Logical
10-11-08, 10:39 AM
I played both demo's yesterday. Being a PES fan since the early days of international superstar soccer on the SNES, i felt right at home with the PES demo but it just felt different in some ways...like the speed of the game, animation..i lost my first match 2-1.

I loaded the FIFA demo up and was pleasantly surprised at visuals, the players leaving the tunnel and walking onto the pitch into a packed stadium was quite glorious. However, once the whistle blew the visuals werent really much different from PES. I set the controls similar to how i have them on PES and had a Chelsea v Real Madrid match. I won 5-1.

Conclusion: My money is going on the new PES on its release. The physics of the game were a lot better than FIFA and the gameplay was more realistic. Some might argue that FIFA has better visuals and fully licensed teams, but us PES followers know what will be coming with the PES super patch (a fully licensed game with updated visuals). With that said, FIFA is getting better but its still a long way off PES. I just hope Konami get the online part right this time.

stefan9
10-11-08, 03:23 PM
Depends. PC version or console version. PC version pes but for console fifa.

Logical
10-11-08, 05:16 PM
Well this is the PC forums soo....

nekrosoft13
10-15-08, 08:00 PM
picked up Fifa today, quite good game