PDA

View Full Version : how about nvidia give us nv30 users a rebate towards an nv35?

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
05-20-03, 12:06 AM
ive been thinking about this for the past few days... would it hurt nvidia all that much to give all the 5800 users a rebate towards an 5900?? i mean they hardly sold any of the 5800, and you could send in your old card... etc. i feel that it may show that they actually care for the customers, and it may restore some faith in old nvidia fans... i dunno just a thought.

Nv40
05-20-03, 01:06 AM
how about to include in the rebate Geforce4 users ? :)

i paid $300 last year , so sooner or later i will need an upgrade :)

Sazar
05-20-03, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
ive been thinking about this for the past few days... would it hurt nvidia all that much to give all the 5800 users a rebate towards an 5900?? i mean they hardly sold any of the 5800, and you could send in your old card... etc. i feel that it may show that they actually care for the customers, and it may restore some faith in old nvidia fans... i dunno just a thought.

actually I think that is warranted...

perhaps the nv30 community can start an online petition here on nvnews or something for a tradeup program... :)

and jakup... you can always through in your nudie collection of dawn piccies :D

Deimos
05-20-03, 01:39 AM
Nvidia hasn't sold anything to the FX5800 owners. Take it up with your respective card-supplier (ie Asus, Leadtek and so on).

/Deimos

Ady
05-20-03, 01:58 AM
I'd hate to a bitch and say we told you so, but i'm sure you were told. It's not nvidia's fault you actually bought a 5800. and as Deimos said, seems like you would need to take this up with EVGA. How long have you had it for?

SocketAzzWipe
05-20-03, 03:25 AM
Flibbled: There is no need for that

Sphinx
05-20-03, 04:27 AM
The Stock´s are really low ~ why they should give us a present ?

Sell it for more money you bought it and buy finally the FX5900Ultra...

I would prefer the Gainward 5900Ultra Card
Gainward CoolFX PowerPack! Ultra/1600 XP

Sphinx

StealthHawk
05-20-03, 05:10 AM
Let the buyer beware, there are always better things around the corner....especially when the product in question is extremely late and takes a lot of flack.

rokzy
05-20-03, 05:39 AM
anyone who bought a NV30 must have money to burn in the first place, or just be really really stupid.

Behemoth
05-20-03, 06:21 AM
buying doom3 is more stupid, it runs slower on clever cards, stupid doom3.

Unit01
05-20-03, 07:33 AM
you bought it with your own money with your own free will. And now you're hoping that they will be nice and give you some kind of trade?
I thought you were satisfied with the card.

panzaman
05-20-03, 09:55 AM
...how about you guys listening to us when we told you that the 5800 was crap and nVIdia was taking the piss selling it at that price tag instead of wasting your time screamin "you are just jealous you are just jealous!!!"

jAkUp
05-20-03, 11:07 AM
dont get me wrong... im happy with the card and it has been good to me... but after seeing that nvidia video... where they poke fun at their own product, and after they consider it a failure...
i mean i knew what i was getting when i bought it, but many many other people may not of known. i still love this card, but to make up for the mistakes they may have made, it sounds to me like a rebate or something may be a good thing.

i know i could get much more money for it if i actually sold it... but a rebate may show some support for their customers... :D

Unit01
05-20-03, 11:26 AM
Send em a word then. Wont harm anyone

Kev1
05-20-03, 01:10 PM
Particularly with that release of the Nvidia movie with their own employees making fun of their own product :rolleyes:

The above has not happened with any other Nvidia product, just the GFFX 5800. So few 5800s were sold to only extremely loyal Nvidia people that a tradeup program just for current 5800 owners sounds very reasonable, and probably a good business decision too :)

Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong :D

GlowStick
05-20-03, 02:08 PM
Actually EVGA has been given discounts if you sent in an old nvidia video card to them, ati did the same thing at one point, but i belive they would give you like 50$ for your 400$ videa card lol :D

5150 Joker
05-20-03, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp

Why should nVidia have to do that? You knew exactly what you were buying, now don't cry about it and try to get free rebates.

jAkUp
05-20-03, 02:17 PM
god calm the **** down.. it was just an idea... sheesh

skoprowski
05-20-03, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if a trade-up program is offered by a few vendors like BFG or Evga. BTW- while the video clip is funny from Nvidia, I really think it insults it's customers who bought the 5800 Ultra. By saying their product was laughable, they are also saying the customers who bought one weren't too bright either. Most companies wouldn't do something like that for the fact of alienating customers- especially in the video card industry where there seems to be a lot of loyal brand buyers. I doubt we will ever see Ford ripping on the Pinto in the future for that same reason.

digitalwanderer
05-20-03, 03:20 PM
how about nvidia give us nv30 users a rebate towards an nv35?

What, both of you? ;) :p

GlowStick
05-20-03, 03:23 PM
Truthfully, just sell your card on E-bay there are alot of retards on there.

Example, i bought the game Enter The Matrix, due to ATi's drivers witch are bug free, the game cannot play 3.2's and 3.4s. So i sold it on ebay, but i got more money than it costed NEW in the stores.

So if you pay 450$ for your card, im sure you can get 500$ from Ebay, 99% of ebay users are Tards!

ReDeeMeR
05-20-03, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

What, both of you? ;) :p

rofl, I agree this is kinda stupid to ask anything especialy after everyone agree that this card was a failure and you still bought it.

rokzy
05-20-03, 04:11 PM
Flibbled: Watch your tone

bofh1971
05-20-03, 04:14 PM
Tradeups have happened before, like the other guys are saying, ask evga....having been on their site , they seem serious about customer service, and with the frequency of new card releases these days, they'll be expecting you back with your next 6 months rent :)

and Glowstick, whats this about the matrix not working on your ATI card.????
In a previous post I was asking peopel if ATI had fixed their driver problems, (Havent touched an ATI since the Rage Fury)

To sell a game so quickly before any bugfixes in the game or "drivers" can be released is a bit poor, remember most software houses these days follow Micro$shafts example......use your users as guineapigs and make them pay for the privelege!!!!

:confused:

vampireuk
05-20-03, 04:21 PM
rokzy can you not post like that on these forums, it is not tolerated here. Back on topic folks:cool: