PDA

View Full Version : Randomly crashing pc on 790i SLI

adrian18w
10-14-08, 10:16 PM
Hi guys :)

I have put together a new system. I'm running a Evga 790i SLI FTW, Intel Q9550, KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W, XFX 260GTX, CORSAIR DDR3 2GB with a SeaGate 1TB SATA. I'm currently using Vista Ultimate x86. The system started acting weird around 4 days ago. It crashed in the middle of working in windows, so i just powered up again and had no problems it. The next day when I wanted to boot the system up, the power button didn't respond, after few times it turned on without a problem, and during second power up crashed just after POST. After few power ups, the system crashed randomly, either after POST or during windows loading or even after logging on. Now I'm unable to even power up the system. I checked for heat issues, but none exist. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I'm guessing a PSU or MB failure?

Xion X2
10-14-08, 11:12 PM
Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Yes, it's an Nvidia chipset.

Muppet
10-15-08, 04:16 AM
Have you tried updating to the latest bios.

Also with a few of the issues you are having, I have had with my other PC it's a Asus P5Q Pro Intel board. The not booting at all is an issue with the Ram. If i take out 1 stick it will boot again. Power back down and reboot and all is fine, until it does it again.

GTVAPSAMTIK
10-16-08, 11:36 AM
Ive always had issues with nFORCE chipsets from nvidia. INTEL makes the most reliable mainboards/chipsets out there.