PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead up for Preorder!

Pages : [1] 2

six_storm
10-15-08, 06:06 PM
Save 10%!!!!

Check out Steam for details.

Severian126
10-15-08, 06:12 PM
Woohoo!

six_storm
10-15-08, 06:15 PM
Valve's servers are going crazy, this is the longest purchase I've ever made on Steam.

EDIT: My purchase is pending since the servers are so busy.

Severian126
10-15-08, 06:22 PM
Ouch. I'm going to pre-order mine when I get home from work tonight.

six_storm
10-15-08, 06:26 PM
Ouch. I'm going to pre-order mine when I get home from work tonight.

I restarted Steam and it went through just fine. I also pre-ordered Far Cry 2. Hopefully, it will hold me over for another month . . .

I've been waiting to play L4D for quite a while.

Severian126
10-15-08, 06:30 PM

Me too. Multi-player co-op games like this are rare. I can't wait. My friends and I are going to have a blast with it on release. :)

nekrosoft13
10-15-08, 06:51 PM
i'm still trying to decide if should buy it, to many games at the same time

CaptNKILL
10-15-08, 07:07 PM
A free weekend would be nice. ;)

|MaguS|
10-15-08, 07:29 PM
Gonna wait till the release date gets closer...

six_storm
10-15-08, 09:40 PM
I'm definitely going to get a NV group together so we can all go through the game a few times. Make sure you guys have headphones w/mics!

LT.Schaffer
10-16-08, 12:31 AM
I restarted Steam and it went through just fine. I also pre-ordered Far Cry 2. Hopefully, it will hold me over for another month . . .

Same here

i just Pre-ordered Far Cry 2&Left4Dead

I also picked up peggle nights:)

ChaoticNick
10-16-08, 01:12 AM
I preordered almost immediately after the preorder button appeared...:o...darn impulse buy, I hope it's worth it.

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 01:49 AM
It looks cool but I'm definitely waiting for the first bunch of reviews before I buy this. I'd really like to play a demo or a beta first, but I have a feeling there won't be one at release.

I've watched the gameplay vids several times and I haven't really seen anything that made me think the game was going to totally rock. It looks good and Coop is great but the gameplay has to be solid to make it worth playing.

LordJuanlo
10-16-08, 02:42 AM
Finally!!! Will preorder as soon as I get home!.

Walterman I hope you and your brother get it to play with us, get ready for some zombie smash coop action!!!

Alaa
10-16-08, 03:16 AM
45$ for a source game? Isn't that too much?

Lfctony
10-16-08, 04:55 AM
Since it's Valve, hopefully we'll get a pre-load option. But still, I'd have to wait on opinions for the SP part of the game, since this game is very MP-oriented...

nutcrackr
10-16-08, 07:05 AM
The only SP part of the game is playing with bots instead of humans.

Destroy
10-16-08, 08:38 AM
After recently finishing Dead Rising, I get the feeling this game will disappoint and be just a duck hunt shooter. Hope its much deeper than that ala Dead Rising but gonna wait and see first.

Banko
10-16-08, 10:48 AM
It looks cool but I'm definitely waiting for the first bunch of reviews before I buy this. I'd really like to play a demo or a beta first, but I have a feeling there won't be one at release.

I've watched the gameplay vids several times and I haven't really seen anything that made me think the game was going to totally rock. It looks good and Coop is great but the gameplay has to be solid to make it worth playing.

Demo is coming around Halloween time apparently.

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 11:02 AM
Demo is coming around Halloween time apparently.

Really?

That's good to hear. That'd give me something to do on Halloween at least. :p

lIqUID
10-16-08, 05:21 PM
gonna have to play the demo before I commit to it. From the videos I've seen the graphics look kinda crappy. Maybe its one of those gameplay > graphics games, but I didn't drop $2500 on a system to have JUST gameplay.

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 05:28 PM
gonna have to play the demo before I commit to it. From the videos I've seen the graphics look kinda crappy. Maybe its one of those gameplay > graphics games, but I didn't drop $2500 on a system to have JUST gameplay.

Yeah the first person weapon models look like something from a Half-Life mod, but other than that it looks pretty good.

I just wish they would record some decent PC players for the gameplay videos though. The ones I keep seeing look like they're being played by a noob with a joystick. They're pointing at the floor most of the time and they unload 20 rounds into walls and their team mates every time they see a zombie. Its hard to get a feel for the gameplay from the vids I've seen.

lIqUID
10-16-08, 06:57 PM
Yeah the first person weapon models look like something from a Half-Life mod, but other than that it looks pretty good..

thats probably one of my biggest gripes about the game. that and watch the videos of the guy shooting the shotgun, it just seems more like hes shooting a pistol than a 12 gauge. Theres just a lack of oommph to it, oh and I would have really liked to have seen iron sights as I think the run and gun thing is outdated, but ehh if you're running from zombies I reckon you're not too worried about accuracy.

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 07:58 PM
thats probably one of my biggest gripes about the game. that and watch the videos of the guy shooting the shotgun, it just seems more like hes shooting a pistol than a 12 gauge. Theres just a lack of oommph to it, oh and I would have really liked to have seen iron sights as I think the run and gun thing is outdated, but ehh if you're running from zombies I reckon you're not too worried about accuracy.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm definitely going to play the demo before I get this one. It doesn't look like it'll play anything like Zombie Panic, which is a pretty damned good Zombie game. That game is more about surviving with very limited resources and a single life, where as L4D is much less strategic and more fast paced. It'll most likely be good, its just hard to say what the gameplay will be like since there hasn't been anything like it that I can think of.

The one thing that really worries me is that friendly fire is always on. I absolutely hate FF in hectic games and I see this being more of a problem than they expect.

six_storm
10-16-08, 09:27 PM
L4D will be a great strategic game. You HAVE to work together as a team, watching each other's backs in order to survive. And with the AI Director, you should get a different experience each time so it ought to be extremely fun.

Zombie Panic is extremely incomplete for a mod I say. It's not very fair to the zombies when you run slower than a snail, you don't have any special abilities, and you get pushed back 10 feet when shot one time. Needs a lot of tweaking IMO.

I think L4D has the zombie game figured out correctly. Yeah FF sucks but I'm sure server hosts will find a way to turn it off ;)