PDA

View Full Version : Need recommendation for COOP games

zoolap
05-20-03, 06:03 AM
Please could you guys give me some recommendations for good COOP games.

Main one I know is Serious Sam (I know about old stuff like doom and Duke Nukem 3D (did they ever do a win32 port?) ).

That said COOP mods for Sof2 would be welcome.

[I will once again say there should be more coop games, as much as I love the look of HL2, D3 etc, I could live with slightly inferior graphics if there was a full on coop mode in many of these games].

Greg
05-20-03, 08:26 AM
Some Coop suggestions:

Total Annihilation - Made in 1998, but still looks and plays great, you may even find it in the bargain bin for $5-10. Playing lots of this great game with the wife lately. Very configurable, so Coop, computer AI or human opponents.

Operation Flashpoint - Great war sim, soldiers, vehicles, excellent single player game, multiplayer with coop, dm, ctf, all kinds really. Loads of mods, built in map editor. Multiplayer doesn't allow join any time, but can allow respawn.

Unreal Tournament 2003 - Variety of sports styled FPS fighting games. Coop is just playing on same team as human, vs AI or humans. AI is possibly best ever, but still not 100%

Baldurs Gate - RPG, can play Coop, havn't tried yet, but friends say it is good.

Freelancer - I only played demo, space shooter, RPG, trading, friends say coop is fun. May need dedicated server to play multiplayer though.

I'd like to know other peoples coop recommendations also.

Pafet
05-20-03, 09:33 AM
Unreal (old one) :D

Dungeon Siege is fun too

Smokey
05-20-03, 10:11 AM
Rune - has a coop mod which is just a blast :D

Rainbow6 Rogue Spear

And my favorite - Raindow6 RavenShield

jAkUp
05-20-03, 10:31 AM
ravenshield:)

GlowStick
05-20-03, 11:39 AM
If you have played Serious Sam then all those other games will feel like doo doo when you try to play them in co-op, you cant beat the master!

Quake with the Co-op modes are acctually fun, if you use some diffrent types of gameplay

1) beat each level under 1 min.
or
2) Get every secret every kill 100%

to see how it can be done just go to http://www.planetquake.com/qdq/

Sazar
05-20-03, 11:46 AM
HALO... :D

/me decided to drop that in there coz there is no mention of what platform the game has to be :D

zoolap
05-21-03, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
ravenshield:)

does ravenshield let you play the whole thing through or is it just a few seperate coop levels like NOLF2. I was referring to PC games. As for Halo - it's a shame the best feature from the x-box (i.e. COOP) ain't going to make it to the pc version.

Smokey
05-21-03, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by zoolap
does ravenshield let you play the whole thing through or is it just a few seperate coop levels like NOLF2. I was referring to PC games. As for Halo - it's a shame the best feature from the x-box (i.e. COOP) ain't going to make it to the pc version.

The whole SP game can be played in COOP, like at R6 games ;) Also you can play all the MP only maps in coop terriost hunt
You can play some user made maps in coop also :)

DaveW
05-23-03, 10:47 AM
I like C&C Generals Co-op against computer players.

Neova
05-23-03, 11:13 PM
Half Life with svencoop mod (www.svencoop.com)
Vietnam : Line of Sight (very good coop play)
Doom (all them)
Quake 1
Quake 2
Dungeon Siege (make sure everyone has the same maps and client side mods if any)
Grand Theft Auto III - Multi-theft mod (only 2 players and buggy but damn... a sign of things to come????!)

Medal of Honor and Spear head addon (I think). I need to check again.

Needa916
05-23-03, 11:48 PM
Ghost Recon :D

Smokey
05-24-03, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by Needa916
Ghost Recon :D

Yes, shame on me for not putting that one down, I guess its because I now have RavenShield ;)

zoolap
05-28-03, 06:32 AM
A friend has bought Ravenshield so I'll have to give that a try.

stncttr908
05-28-03, 07:13 AM
It was mentioned above but I'd just like to add Freelancer again. The multi is tremendous fun. If there ever was a game that could really benefit from clans it would be this one. You can join any server and come back later with the same stats. You can team up with your friends and whoop some serious ass.

Needa916
05-28-03, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
Yes, shame on me for not putting that one down, I guess its because I now have RavenShield ;)

Yes, I have Raven Sheild too, but my cheap ass friends don't want to buy the game. Its like $30 now right?

Monolyth
05-28-03, 03:50 PM
If your an RPG'er, Neverwinter Nights is an AMAZING COOP/SP RPG game. You can play the entire game in MP, and it's alot more fun than SP, TRUUUST ME :)

Also everyone has listed some nice games, but one game (not yet out) that the dev's have said will probably have COOP is "Stalker: Oblivion Lost" of course how many computers will actually be ABLE to run the game is another question ;)

Most of the other's are good suggestions. Peace!

nin_fragile14
05-28-03, 04:25 PM
Diablo 2 hasn't been mentioned yet. Awesome coop game, either on LAN or battle.net

deejaya
05-28-03, 05:18 PM
I think IL2: Forgotten Battles is one of the best co-op games too, if you like flight sims.

zoolap
05-29-03, 03:15 AM
I was hoping Breed would be one to add to the COOP list in future, but most people's opinions seem quite negative on the demo (I've got the demo but haven't played it yet).

zoolap
05-29-03, 11:56 AM
Is Half-life 2 going to have COOP?

GlowStick
05-29-03, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by zoolap
Is Half-life 2 going to have COOP?

If its not, i bet seven will take it upon them self and make a co-op mod for it.

darkmiasma
06-02-03, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Diablo 2 hasn't been mentioned yet. Awesome coop game, either on LAN or battle.net

I agree, but only with the Lords of Destruction expansion pack ... otherwise the stash is too small, and the extra classes kick ass.

- Mike