PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III Not Coming Anytime Soon

evox
10-16-08, 12:28 AM
Diablo III won't see a release until StarCraft II is done. SC2 is set to release next year, so yeah, no Diablo III till 2010.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/10/qa-blizzards-ex.html

I have no idea if you guys are even remotely close to knowing this, but when -- broad, ballpark estimate -- can we expect to see Diablo III on retail shelves?

Pardo: When itís ready.

Wired: Is that like 2 years from now? A decade from now?

Pardo: I donít ... I donít know how far out it is, but itís still fairly early in development. I think when people see it, it feels so polished and so finished, but the reality is we have a very small portion of the game done right now.

crainger
10-16-08, 12:39 AM
Lame!

I'm a typical gamer who over reacts over everything. I wont buy this game now. Or any other Blizzard game. ::(:

Actually it's not too long to wait. Especially as it seems to have quite the story.

NaitoSan
10-16-08, 01:16 AM
Blizzard loves to take their own sweet time to finish their games. Heh. That's fine, I'm pretty behind in games I have so I need to finish them all.

Badboy_12345
10-16-08, 01:42 AM
no one thought it will come out soon :p
Its Blizzard, their games take time but come out perfect.

If they dont like their game 6 months before release they will thrash it all and start over again. They want perfection

I have yet to play a blizzard game that sucks

jolle
10-16-08, 02:20 AM
there should be a law against announcing or showing off a game that is more then 2 months from release..

NarcissistZero
10-16-08, 02:23 AM
there should be a law against announcing or showing off a game that is more then 2 months from release..

Change that to a year and I agree with you.

jolle
10-16-08, 02:46 AM
Change that to a year and I agree with you.
Wouldnt work though, with the Valves of the business.. put out a faux date and then delay for a year or 2 hehe.
I belive Ive seen this thrown around at forums a couple of time: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

asd
10-16-08, 02:48 AM
I just don't care about how long do I need to wait, because I got a sh!t load of games to play, besides, Titan Quest ,Sacred2 and NWN2 (multiplayer) will keep me busy for a long time, not to mention the l33t Clear Sky. (nana2)(nana2)(nana2)

Buio
10-16-08, 05:17 AM
Now that we got WoW expansion/SC2/D3 coming, do you think Blizzard will ever announce a new franchise? Or will they forever keep to their 3 worlds?

Personally, I think Blizzard will branch out into the console world. If they succeed, it will be extremely lucrative for them. Only problem would be getting a game out before a new generation of consoles.