PDA

View Full Version : NO Team Fortress 2 Updates Until Next Year

evox
10-16-08, 01:24 AM
Well, it won't be this year," said Lombardi when asked about the next update. "But we're going to keep evolving TF2. Once Left 4 Dead wraps, you'll hear us clamoring more about [Team Fortress 2].

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55364

THIS IS BULL****.

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 01:43 AM
Oh gawd no!!! :cry: :rolleyes:

Come on, why do people get so bent out of shape about Valve? They've done more for the PC gaming community than most other developers combined yet people still want MORE AND MORE RIGHT NOW!!!

I just don't understand why this is "bull****".

sl0ppy_sec0nds
10-16-08, 01:45 AM
It's ok, Valve. Just release L4D already and the dozens of following updates it will get after its release.:cool:

NaitoSan
10-16-08, 02:35 AM
people are demanding a lot from developers lately...

nutcrackr
10-16-08, 02:44 AM
people still play this game that was ruined by crits?

evox
10-16-08, 02:46 AM
Oh gawd no!!! :cry: :rolleyes:

Come on, why do people get so bent out of shape about Valve? They've done more for the PC gaming community than most other developers combined yet people still want MORE AND MORE RIGHT NOW!!!

I just don't understand why this is "bull****".

Valve is an amazingly talented developer that has a brilliant digital distribution system. Putting that stroke-fest aside, Valve always struggles to release things on time. As much as I like Valve and their products, Valve Time is something that has always annoyed me since HL2.

The reason for me saying BS is because this too obvious of an attempt to focus all the attention on L4D. I understand the story behind it and I'll will be grabbing the title, but it's still ****ty that they would resort to such extreme method to almost force game fatigue so people would get interested in their upcoming title.

Not to mention after Medic, both updates were kind of "Meh". Yeah, it's free, and Valve is super duper amazing for giving free DLC, but that doesn't mean the [DLC] is flawless or that it'll stop people from criticizing it.

What I say is my personal opinion. If people disagree with it, fine. It's called personal opinion for a reason.

FYI, saying "Bull****" isn't getting bent out of shape.

evox
10-16-08, 02:51 AM
Before I forget, Valve didn't release TF2 DLC because they are kind hearted, Valve released it because Team Fortress 2 has paper-thin depth/tactics by default and gets old real fast. Valve expected TF2 to be the next CS, surprise surprise, It wasn't.

It would be retarded to let a game like TF2 die because of player/map fatigue, so Valve rolled out DLC.

I love Valve, but they aren't gods and I hate when people treat them like one.

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 05:37 AM
FYI, saying "Bull****" isn't getting bent out of shape.

What ever you say buddy. :D

Anyway, you make some good points about them focusing on L4D. I just think people overreact a bit with things like this. They rarely give release dates any more and people still get irate when they find out the next big thing isn't being released as soon as they want it.

EDIT: And with the DLC, obviously they aren't doing it just because they love us, but they are supporting a game to keep it going. Which is good for them and good for us. Most large companies these days just pump out $50-$60 rehashes every year to keep their player base up.

They aren't gods but they've been a perfect example of how to make a successful PC-oriented gaming company that generally sticks to its roots. They get my respect for that, regardless of their long development times.

evox
10-16-08, 06:08 AM
What ever you say buddy. :D

Anyway, you make some good points about them focusing on L4D. I just think people overreact a bit with things like this. They rarely give release dates any more and people still get irate when they find out the next big thing isn't being released as soon as they want it.

EDIT: And with the DLC, obviously they aren't doing it just because they love us, but they are supporting a game to keep it going. Which is good for them and good for us. Most large companies these days just pump out $50-$60 rehashes every year to keep their player base up.

They aren't gods but they've been a perfect example of how to make a successful PC-oriented gaming company that generally sticks to its roots. They get my respect for that, regardless of their long development times.

I just want my Sniper unlocks god damn it! :'(

mullet
10-16-08, 08:16 AM
I think Valve has is way way overdue for a long vacation.

Zelda_fan
10-16-08, 09:40 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=55364

THIS IS BULL****.

sig-HIEL!

Burnt_Ram
10-16-08, 10:49 AM
didnt TF2 just get a huge update recently? im still waiting for CSS to be out on the orange box engine, which hopefully will come after L4D, and "before" another TF2 update :D

Severian126
10-16-08, 11:37 AM
Wow man, talk about no gratitude. TF2 is one of the few games that gets a buttload of updates compared to other games. They support their games like no one else, and yet people will still whine and cry over the stupidest things.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

bacon12
10-16-08, 11:53 AM
Damn, I am glad to see they are putting the resources in L4D because I am gonna buy it, but I was hoping to see the tf2 updates on the 4 month schedule. :(

NaitoSan
10-16-08, 12:14 PM
I think Valve has is way way overdue for a long vacation.
Heh I do agree.

six_storm
10-16-08, 12:21 PM
I think I'd rather have L4D over TF2 updates right now.