PDA

View Full Version : 180 Driver preview

lee63
10-16-08, 08:42 AM
Looks promising http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Nvidia_Forceware_180_Series_Preview/6110.html

SLippe
10-16-08, 10:44 AM
Maybe this month? (nana2)

Bman212121
10-16-08, 10:45 AM
Hmm... Sounds like they still have a way to go.

Indeed, SLI + multi-monitor feature is available on this set of drivers. However, we found that this feature has a few limitations for now and hopefully it can fix in the later versions :

1. SLI main focus screen cannot be set to run on the secondary monitor yet.
2. If the 3D application is running for eg. 1280x1024 resolution, the secondary display will also be changed to 1280x1024 automatically.
3. It cannot do 1680x(1050+1050) in 3D and cannot stretch 3D rendering mode into both screens
4. So far only clone mode is working properly with some drop in performance as shown in the vantage scores coming up next page

#1 should be a fairly simple fix, same with #2. #3 will be interesting to see what they do with, if they implement anything at all. If you can use multimonitor support and making it look like one monitor then the need for Matrox's dual head to go is no longer. If you can do 3 monitors stretched as one display in the drivers, I would definitely figure out a way to setup two more monitors on my desk.

#4 Will just be fixes over time, so it doesn't necessarily have to be fixed right away. 5% drop is a little bit, but what you can potentially gain is worth it IMO.

wazooda
10-16-08, 02:00 PM
Hmm... Sounds like they still have a way to go.

#1 should be a fairly simple fix, same with #2. #3 will be interesting to see what they do with, if they implement anything at all. If you can use multimonitor support and making it look like one monitor then the need for Matrox's dual head to go is no longer. If you can do 3 monitors stretched as one display in the drivers, I would definitely figure out a way to setup two more monitors on my desk.

Yes. I'm hopeful that they will FINALLY add triple-head gaming to the native driver set. This would eliminate the need for a Matrox TripleHead2Go (what I currently use) or the software based SoftTH.

I'll keep my fingers crossed....