PDA

View Full Version : Games wont install

DJMONDY
10-16-08, 09:47 AM
Im having trouble installing stalker (the 1st one) and MOA:Airborne on my rig. im using vista 64bit.

Stalker starts installing but keeps asking me to abort or skip parts of the instalation and with airborne i click install and thats it, it wont go any further. no error messages, nothing :(

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks

LordJuanlo
10-16-08, 10:14 AM
Well it's not games fault, I installed them both on Vista x64 long time ago, you have some issue with your system

evox
10-16-08, 10:22 AM
Im having trouble installing stalker (the 1st one) and MOA:Airborne on my rig. im using vista 64bit.

Stalker starts installing but keeps asking me to abort or skip parts of the instalation and with airborne i click install and thats it, it wont go any further. no error messages, nothing :(

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks

Can't say for STALKER, but here's the cure for Airborne:

When you start the setup, it'll execute PhysX and the setup apparently cancels itself if you have a newer version of PhysX installed. If you do have a newer version of PhysX installed, uninstall it, then go to MoH: Airborne's root DVD and look for the PhysX folder. Install PhysX and then execute the setup exe.

Should install now.

DJMONDY
10-16-08, 10:48 AM
Thanks, i will try that for airborne :)

Dont think theres a problem with my pc with regards to stalker. i wont install on my other pc either. keeps saying to either abort the install or ignore the bit thats wrong.

nekrosoft13
10-16-08, 10:54 AM
in that case your stalker disc is either scratches or corrupt in some way

DJMONDY
10-16-08, 11:04 AM
Is it possible for a new disk to be corrupt? shall i just take it back??

Im not having very good luck these days :(

nekrosoft13
10-16-08, 11:07 AM
yes, it is possible, rare but possible.

Lfctony
10-16-08, 12:01 PM
I had something weird happen with my HL2 disc recently, it wouldn't be read by 2 DVD drives. I had to use an older backup to install... The disk was used 2-3 times at most, it just went bad apparently... :(

Destroy
10-16-08, 12:33 PM
May be a DVD read issue. I had to flash the firmware on my DVD burner for a game to install properly once. Before that, it simply would stop half way through.

evox
10-16-08, 06:52 PM
Did Airborne install? :)

DJMONDY
10-17-08, 06:08 AM
Hey :)

Yea airborne did install after uninstalling the PhysX thing and oddly enough so did stalker so thanks for that :thumbsup:

evox
10-17-08, 11:15 AM
Hey :)

Yea airborne did install after uninstalling the PhysX thing and oddly enough so did stalker so thanks for that :thumbsup:

Your welcome. :)