PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 7 = Back to WWII?

Pages : [1] 2

evox
10-16-08, 06:58 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=199495

I can't say that there won't ever be a WWII Call of Duty game again, but we're glad we were able to end the war and we're glad we're going to support the title with lots of downloadable content,

ChaoticNick
10-16-08, 08:00 PM
Call of Duty SEVEN?! :headexplode:

CaptNKILL
10-16-08, 08:21 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=33644&stc=1&d=1224206490

rudedog
10-16-08, 08:28 PM
Hey if they keep making quality games and follow through on support like CoD4 then why not milk the bastard dry?

Jonelo
10-16-08, 08:32 PM
Call of Duty SEVEN?! :headexplode:

Hummm .. Mohaa - made by Infinity Ward - basicaly , a COD :D , and since 2003

Call of Duty

Call of Duty: United Offensive

Call of Duty 2

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: World at War

Call of Duty 6

And

Call of Duty: Finest Hour

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One

Call of Duty: Roads to Victory

methimpikehoses
10-16-08, 09:11 PM
They should start releasing CoD's every week.

Roliath
10-16-08, 09:12 PM
Seriously, how much more story/gameplay can they get out of ww2?
USE YOUR BRAINS to come up with NEW INNOVATIVE IDEAS!!! Push the genre forward, don't keep it held back!

nekrosoft13
10-16-08, 09:29 PM
WWII went on for couple years you know. in many counties. there is much more to it then you understand.

I would like for them to finally make a WWII game where they show some other sides. Not just the main US, UK, Russian all the time.

hemmy
10-16-08, 09:55 PM
Yes, I would still love a WWII game say from the NAZI POV from the beginning of the war up to their demise.

Would be fun, I am sure some idiots will say its "not right" to make a game in which you are a Nazi though...

Roliath
10-17-08, 01:34 AM
WWII went on for couple years you know. in many counties. there is much more to it then you understand.

I would like for them to finally make a WWII game where they show some other sides. Not just the main US, UK, Russian all the time.

I understand that, its just..I dunno, I'm "tired" of that era of gaming.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
10-17-08, 01:41 AM
Yes, I would still love a WWII game say from the NAZI POV from the beginning of the war up to their demise.

Would be fun, I am sure some idiots will say its "not right" to make a game in which you are a Nazi though...

It's not right. Just kidding.

SH64
10-17-08, 02:08 AM
We need futuristic CoD.

Bokishi
10-17-08, 03:39 AM
No we need to play as nazis

rudedog
10-17-08, 06:03 AM
Please remember all German soldiers who fought in WWII where not part of the NAZI party. Germany's WWII military does not = NAZI

Still I don't think the PC (politically correct) crowd would go for it let alone a publicly traded publisher. Right now at least you get a chance to play the "bad" guys in MP.

How come people don't jump on the modern day shoots as being overdone? How come we don't see outcry when we get another space shooter with lazer beams and anti gravity weapons?

TBH there are 3 maybe 4 types of FPS games WWII, current, future and the midevil /demon types over and over again.

Seems that the older crowd goes for the history of the "Greatest Generation" type game, which is what I prefer. I still like the modern game now and again but give me a real world story that offers a little history lesson over a futuristic/dungeon game any day.

nekrosoft13
10-17-08, 06:25 AM
We need futuristic CoD.

no!

no modern **** and no future crap

nekrosoft13
10-17-08, 06:28 AM

Not exactly what I was aiming at. I was talking about smaller countries that got overrun by German war machine. Show the resistance point of view.

Also in WWII games when you play missions as a Russian, they used use Russian language with subs. I hate it how everyone just magically speaks English.

SH64
10-17-08, 07:06 AM
no!

no modern **** and no future crap
Better than repeated WWIIs!!

Roliath
10-17-08, 08:18 AM

hell yeah!

K007
10-17-08, 08:24 AM

here here..more WWII...

srly tho i have no plans for cod5, and if cod7 is ww2...i have no plans for that either -.-.

ClosetFanBoy
10-17-08, 10:32 AM
I was hoping for a prehistoric version at some point. I hope they continue to beat the crap out of the Modern Warfare stuff, that's been my favorite hands down thus far.

Roliath
10-17-08, 01:24 PM
I was hoping for a prehistoric version at some point. I hope they continue to beat the crap out of the Modern Warfare stuff, that's been my favorite hands down thus far.

I really like Cod3 on the 360, but Cod4 was my favorite of all time. I wouldn't mind another one of those or Vietnam.

NaitoSan
10-17-08, 02:15 PM
I'm fine with any CoD games. As long they make a decent ones.

ChaoticNick
10-17-08, 03:41 PM
Alternate history WWII would be cool! Something like Turning Point: Fall of Liberty but doesn't suck.

AngelGraves13
10-17-08, 05:35 PM
VIETNAM!!!!!!!!!

nutcrackr
10-17-08, 05:37 PM
I can see COD series going to the future, may not happen for a few years but it will happen!