PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Devices

Mr Bigman
10-18-08, 01:25 AM
I noticed with new builds using ASUS boards, their is usually 2 unknown devices that link to no where cuz all other devices are installed from GPU to soundcard to Chipset drivers.

Usually for some strange reason popping the ASUS cd in usually fixes this problem even though i installed all drivers so what are these unknown devices in device manager that needs the ASUS dvd.

This guy has a cd rom so i couldn't use the cd so i took the driver folder off the dvd in made a cd with it installing all devices.

Is their a signature on the dvd that is needed to complete the driver install for these new boards?

hirantha
10-18-08, 07:12 AM
Windows update or Chipset driver update might get rid of those unknown.. as to the DVD drive, download the latest drivers from the ASUS site. better than the old drivers in the DVD :)

JaxMacFL
10-18-08, 08:44 AM
In my experience with Asus mb, one is usually the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY (Windows Update finds it for download) and the other is the SMBus Controller (Intel Chipset Installation Utility V8.3.0.1013 has it at Asus mb downloads). Asking for the mb disc is programmed by default.

Mr Bigman
10-18-08, 07:28 PM
SO if chipset and drivers are installed by packages already, than why the unknowns in device manager cuz windows update can't find anything for them.

Xedig
10-19-08, 04:56 AM
:afro::afro2:(lee)