PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate sequel in the works!?!

CaptNKILL
10-18-08, 05:46 AM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42400/Syndicate-Remake#comments

Apparently Starbreeze is working on a new game in the Syndicate universe! :eek:

The only game of theirs I have played is Chronicles of Riddick, but that was fantastic and is one of the best PC action games I've played in recent years, despite being an Xbox port. I think these guys could actually do this game justice.

Its about damned time. :D

Lfctony
10-18-08, 06:15 AM
I'd love to see a new Syndicate game. Good news indeed. :)

CaptNKILL
10-18-08, 06:31 AM
I hate to say I never had a chance to play the original, but I did play Syndicate Wars a bit in the 90s. I bought it again a few years ago too.

What an incredibly hard game though. I think you actually have to use cheats to beat it. :p

I remember seeing the box for Syndicate on 3DO back in the early 90s too. My brother's friend had it and loved it then.

NarcissistZero
10-18-08, 08:59 AM
I loved the original Syndicate... I was pretty young when I played it, so the memory is foggy, but I remember sitting in front of my PC and going at it for hours at a time. I also remember constantly watching the opening cinematics and such, because they were so cool. It might honestly be the root of my love for cyberpunk.

Starbreeze is an excellent studio... Chronicles of Rid**** was amazing, as was The Darkness. I have heard neither sold extremely well, which is a shame because both games were AAA titles for me and on my favorite games list. I look forward to what they can do with Syndicate.

I also look forward to their massive Chronicles of Rid**** update, if they ever release the damn thing.

Lfctony
10-18-08, 09:01 AM
I hate to say I never had a chance to play the original, but I did play Syndicate Wars a bit in the 90s. I bought it again a few years ago too.

What an incredibly hard game though. I think you actually have to use cheats to beat it. :p

I remember seeing the box for Syndicate on 3DO back in the early 90s too. My brother's friend had it and loved it then.

Wars was not the best of games. The original Syndicate was a much better game. :) I run it through DosBox, great game.

Lfctony
10-18-08, 09:02 AM
I loved the original Syndicate... I was pretty young when I played it, so the memory is foggy, but I remember sitting in front of my PC and going at it for hours at a time. I also remember constantly watching the opening cinematics and such, because they were so cool. It might honestly be the root of my love for cyberpunk.

Starbreeze is an excellent studio... Chronicles of Rid**** was amazing, as was The Darkness. I have heard neither sold extremely well, which is a shame because both games were AAA titles for me and on my favorite games list. I look forward to what they can do with Syndicate.

I also look forward to their massive Chronicles of Rid**** update, if they ever release the damn thing.

Captnkill's **** is not censored!!! :thumbdwn: Mine and yours are! :p

LT.Schaffer
10-18-08, 11:08 AM
Awesome:D

I loved Syndicate:)

I hope they put in the "Persuadeatron" right spelling???

zoomy942
10-18-08, 11:14 AM

man i remember that game on 3do. my neighbor and i used to play it for hours at a time.

haha and yeah, cheating was required to actually accomplish anything

qube
10-18-08, 12:00 PM
i loved syndicate wars played it on ps1 it was hard but fun

jAkUp
10-18-08, 12:51 PM
Yes, Chronicles of Riddick was a great game :D

LordJuanlo
10-20-08, 03:24 AM
Syndicate as a very good game, one of the first to offer more than 320x200 resolution I think, graphics were beautiful, I got addicted to this game, I was pretty young too

Zeus666
10-20-08, 06:07 AM
Captnkill's **** is not censored!!! :thumbdwn: Mine and yours are! :p

the moderator's power :D

nice movie too the Chronicles of Ridd1ck !

Loreman
10-20-08, 06:42 AM
I played syndicate wars on the original playstation, I really loved it. I finished it, no cheats.

It was a great strategy game.

DJMONDY
10-20-08, 07:11 AM
Would like to see another dungeon keeper or theme park! loved those game so much.

I played the original syndicate (think it was on the super nintendo) and s-wars on my pc. was really addicitve. this is good news indeed as long as they dont screw it up!

Starscream
10-20-08, 12:14 PM

The original is light years better than Wars, and definitely worth tracking down if you haven't played it.

AdamK47
10-20-08, 01:15 PM
The original is light years better than Wars, and definitely worth tracking down if you haven't played it.

I actually liked Syndicate Wars slightly more than the first.

Destroy
02-22-12, 10:38 AM
Really? This game is...but..really?! wtf? Gah.

nutcrackr
02-24-12, 05:35 PM
bloom is pretty atrocious, when you get close to really bright objects they put more bloom on the sides of your screen. FOV is not horrible but haven't played much, I killed a hobo in the alley - probably why it's banned here. Thank goodness for global digital distribution ;)

Darth Rancid
02-26-12, 02:55 AM
After one or two hours of playing the New Syndicate, my opinion is as follows:
They have dumbed it down to levels that should be illegal. It has become an FPS on Rails. "Shoot at this --> open this door --> Do this --> Fight stupid Boss-Fight. --> Run about on top of a train shooting at people flying by on hoverbikes, and fight a gunship with your 30mm gatling gun, (that you can carry around)"... The train is however completely impervious to any weapons, (including bombs), the gunship carries.. so why not just climb down into it and close the hatch and wait for the gunship to go Bingo Fuel? :)

It is a Console FPS in Syndicate Clothing. Not a bad Console FPS, but, so far, it has none of the freedom that we so loved in the original Syndicate..

AdamK47
02-26-12, 03:16 AM
After one or two hours of playing the New Syndicate, my opinion is as follows:
They have dumbed it down to levels that should be illegal. It has become an FPS on Rails. "Shoot at this --> open this door --> Do this --> Fight stupid Boss-Fight. --> Run about on top of a train shooting at people flying by on hoverbikes, and fight a gunship with your 30mm gatling gun, (that you can carry around)"... The train is however completely impervious to any weapons, (including bombs), the gunship carries.. so why not just climb down into it and close the hatch and wait for the gunship to go Bingo Fuel? :)

It is a Console FPS in Syndicate Clothing. Not a bad Console FPS, but, so far, it has none of the freedom that we so loved in the original Syndicate..

It's said that it's turned out like this. Another PC classic regurgitated into console trash.

crainger
03-10-12, 03:53 PM
bloom is pretty atrocious, when you get close to really bright objects they put more bloom on the sides of your screen. FOV is not horrible but haven't played much, I killed a hobo in the alley - probably why it's banned here. Thank goodness for global digital distribution ;)

Yeah, the fact no one is safe, wounded enemies, hobos, innocent bystanders is the main reason it was banned here.

I liked it. Finished it in an afternoon, but it was fun. I'm glad they didn't try to remake the original, rather make a different game, set in the same universe. If you loved the original, play it, if you want a FPS, play this.