PDA

View Full Version : eVGA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra gamer's special


Pages : [1] 2

EDLIM
05-20-03, 11:15 PM
Guys take advantage of this promo. I already got mine for $129
http://www.evga.com/fx5200ultra/

sebazve
05-20-03, 11:21 PM
how are the mem/core clock speed on the ultra?
why did you buy it?

EDLIM
05-20-03, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by sebazve
how are the mem/core clock speed on the ultra?
why did you buy it?

This card of mine is 325/650 mem/core speed.
Not bad for an Ultra for $129 and I really want to see it the performance of this card on my own because I see nothing but bad reviews about it. But I am speaking the truth from experience..this card is not that BAD like most reviews says.

DSC
05-20-03, 11:41 PM
EDLIM,

Can you please download and run this? It benchmarks the occlusion culling capabilities of the GPU. I would like to see the results on the 5200 Ultra.

http://esprit.campus.luth.se/~humus/3D/GL_EXT_reme.zip

EDLIM
05-20-03, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DSC
EDLIM,

Can you please download and run this? It benchmarks the occlusion culling capabilities of the GPU. I would like to see the results on the 5200 Ultra.

http://esprit.campus.luth.se/~humus/3D/GL_EXT_reme.zip


What?.... I don't want to worn it out yet...it pretty brand new :)

I'll try...... Just curious...why do you want to see and prove with this test? :confused:

EDLIM
05-20-03, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by EDLIM
This card of mine is 325/650 mem/core speed.
Not bad for an Ultra for $129 and I really want to see it the performance of this card on my own because I see nothing but bad reviews about it. But I am speaking the truth from experience..this card is not that BAD like most reviews says.


Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will never go for an ATI, even if someone send me me a 9700 pro for free.... sorry amigos.

GlowStick
05-20-03, 11:57 PM
It looks ok, though i think id prefer a gf4, accpet for the gf4's lack of dual monitor support (for that price)

DSC
05-21-03, 12:00 AM
Umm, GF4 series are all dual-mon capable, Glowstick. Both Ti and MX chips have 2 RAMDACs inside.

Solomon
05-21-03, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by EDLIM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will never go for an ATI, even if someone send me me a 9700 pro for free.... sorry amigos.

Why would you even say something like that? I don't get some people. It's one thing not to prefer another companies card, but to say something like that? Hehehehehe, and then people cry about the flamage here. :rolleyes:

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

EDLIM
05-21-03, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Solomon
Why would you even say something like that? I don't get some people. It's one thing not to prefer another companies card, but to say something like that? Hehehehehe, and then people cry about the flamage here. :rolleyes:

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com


:eek: Flamage no no no........ that hurts

Anyways, That was my own personal preference not to use ATI cards. "Based on Experiece ". But thanks for your advise.

saturnotaku
05-21-03, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Lucien1964
Riiiight! Bullsh!t

How about you just keep quiet and let the guy spend his money however he wants. Honestly. He doesn't want an ATI card, he doesn't want an ATI card. Sheesh.

R.Carter
05-21-03, 03:21 PM
Dunno. I hear rumors that the FX 5200 is actually slower than a GF4 MX card!?!?

Has Nvidia dodged one puddle to fall flat in another? (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9564)

"even in games like Quake 3 the GF FX 5200 finds itself over-powered by the GeForce 4 MX according to benchmarks published in multiple reviews across the 'Net."

Of course, that from the Inquirer so who knows...

StealthHawk
05-21-03, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by R.Carter
Dunno. I hear rumors that the FX 5200 is actually slower than a GF4 MX card!?!?

Has Nvidia dodged one puddle to fall flat in another? (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9564)

"even in games like Quake 3 the GF FX 5200 finds itself over-powered by the GeForce 4 MX according to benchmarks published in multiple reviews across the 'Net."

Of course, that from the Inquirer so who knows...

We're talking about the gfFX5200Ultra, not the non-ultra.

sebazve
05-21-03, 10:13 PM
does the geforce 5200 have LMAII or whatever is called now? or something to save memory bandwith? i heard it doesnt have this thats why the gf4mx sometimes wins..

DSC
05-21-03, 10:21 PM
It has Fast Z-Clear and Occlusion Culling, using GL_EXT_REME to benchmark the 5200 regular, it definately outperforms the GF4 MX440 that my friend has in efficiency. This was tested with 43.51 WHQL Detonators, I'll retest with 44.03 on both cards later.

As for Z-Buffer compression, that is uncertain. Nvidia says no z-buffer compression, but Rivatuner's D3D LMA tab allows me to tweak both options on the 5200...... :confused:

micron
05-22-03, 12:34 AM
I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble, but wouldnt a Ti4200 have been a better choice?...for around the same price?
I thought that a Ti4200 could even slap a 5600Ultra around a little, much less a 5200 Ultra!?!

BigFish7
05-22-03, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by micron
I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble, but wouldnt a Ti4200 have been a better choice?...for around the same price?
I thought that a Ti4200 could even slap a 5600Ultra around a little, much less a 5200 Ultra!?!
ok get this 5600U(new rev1.1)>>Ti4800SE&9500pro&9600pro
now don't tell things about how it can slap the FX....
god, people don't just say things first check it, confirm it and then sum the results... :rolleyes:

Geforce4ti4200
05-22-03, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by EDLIM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will never go for an ATI, even if someone send me me a 9700 pro for free.... sorry amigos.


eh if you got one free, take it dude, just sell it to a friend of yours or something for real cheap hehe


""even in games like Quake 3 the GF FX 5200 finds itself over-powered by the GeForce 4 MX according to benchmarks published in multiple reviews across the 'Net.""



I speak from personal experience, the fx5200 gets me 44fps in 1600x1200x32 while the mx440 gets 67fps and neither were overclocked, the fx5200 is clock locked too, the mx440 is a champ overclocker. the fx5200 is like as fast as a geforce2 pro :mad:


"Ti4200 could even slap a 5600Ultra around a little"


the ti4200 is +700 3dmarks ahead of the 5600u

StealthHawk
05-22-03, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by BigFish7
ok get this 5600U(new rev1.1)>>Ti4800SE&9500pro&9600pro
now don't tell things about how it can slap the FX....
god, people don't just say things first check it, confirm it and then sum the results... :rolleyes:

First of all, is the new gfFX5600Ultra out?

Second of all, it isn't better in all situations. Don't make blanket statements.

vampireuk
05-22-03, 06:48 AM
A good price for the 5200 Ultra:)

Why would you even say something like that? I don't get some people. It's one thing not to prefer another companies card, but to say something like that? Hehehehehe, and then people cry about the flamage here

Yes we do complain about the flaming, it is his choice what he spends his cash on just as Saturn said. That does not give anyone the right to come here and start flaming. I do apologise for having fans of NVIDIA on this board, would you be happier if we banned them and called this ATI news?:p

Back to the card, I think it's quite a nice little package they have there.

mreman4k
05-22-03, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by EDLIM
Guys take advantage of this promo. I already got mine for $129
http://www.evga.com/fx5200ultra/

A fx 5200 Ultra for 129 dollars...:confused: .....WHY? You can get a 128MB 4200 for cheaper than that....your $$$...:p...you could have even gotten a Radeon 8500 or 9100 or 9000 or 9500...like i said your wasted $$$ :p

micron
05-22-03, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by BigFish7
ok get this 5600U(new rev1.1)>>Ti4800SE&9500pro&9600pro
now don't tell things about how it can slap the FX....
god, people don't just say things first check it, confirm it and then sum the results... :rolleyes: If you are implying in your terribly hard to understand post that the FX5600Ultra is better then the Radeon 9500Pro.....then you should just start your car and back over your head.

digitalwanderer
05-22-03, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by EDLIM
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will never go for an ATI, even if someone send me me a 9700 pro for free.... sorry amigos.

Heh, say that AFTER they send ya one free. ;)

I agree with the people saying a GF4 ti4200 will clean up on a 5200 Ultra, it's just a no-brainer!

(And I'll really have to see some evidence showing the 5600 even in the same LEAGUE as the 9500/9600 Pro!!!! :lol: )

pigfukerd
05-23-03, 04:31 AM
heh:mad: unfortunatley i bought one of those Piece of **** fx 5200s today, im not a hardcore gamer or anything i mostly play quake 3, unreal tourny, and today when i bought the card i got unreal 2003 cause i figured the new 5200 would be a nice upgrade from my old 32ddr radeon ive had for years:mad: i was pretty ****ing pissed off to say the least when i formtted and found that the 5200 didnt run quake 3 as good as my poor old radeon:mad: no need to move to a ti4200 to mop the floor with a fx5200,my friend has the same cpu as me (xp2000+) with a ti200 in ie, and runs a lot better then this fx5200, in fact the ti200 he has impressed me so much i decided to get an nvidia card, this is the worst dissappointed i have ever been in my life i believe:mad: tried to plau unreal 2003 and it was nothing but chop chop chop, run like total ****, i admit the textures and colors looked awesome, but what the hell good is that if the ******* thing is to slow to play, im taking this back to walmart this morning and hopefully getting my money back, and if not maybe they will let me exchange it for partial credit on a 256meg 5600, i seriusly urge anyone, especially a hardcore gamer, do not buy a fx 5200, especially if u want to play new games like unreal 2003, and even old ones like quake 3 above 800x600:mad:
________
drugtest (http://drugtestingkit.org)

vampireuk
05-23-03, 06:16 AM
If you bought a plain old 5200 instead of the ultra version what do you expect;)