PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War - Register for BETA!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

evox
10-22-08, 07:54 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/register

Activision and Treyarch are now accepting sign-ups for the Call of Duty: World at War PC multiplayer beta. The beta is open to registered members of CallofDuty.com

If you're registered on the site you'll be given a beta key when it goes live.

There isn't an actual sign-up other than the register form.

stncttr908
10-22-08, 07:57 PM
So are you saying beta registrations are available or are you just posting the link to their site for future reference.

bacon12
10-22-08, 08:12 PM
Yea I don't see anywhere you can register for the beta there?

evox
10-22-08, 08:31 PM
Oh sorry, I should've been more clear. You need to be a CoD Community member to access the BETA, so yes, more of a future reference thing. :)

Activision and Treyarch are now accepting sign-ups for the Call of Duty: World at War PC multiplayer beta. The beta is open to registered members of CallofDuty.com

Bman212121
10-24-08, 08:25 PM
Just got an e-mail and a code, too bad it for Xbox 360 MP beta. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: I vote we add a thumbsdown smily.

ChaoticNick
10-24-08, 09:28 PM
A PC Beta reserve thing just went up on Fileplanet, maybe it'll be pretty soon now.

evox
10-24-08, 11:58 PM
Just got an e-mail and a code, too bad it for Xbox 360 MP beta. :thumbsdown:

EDIT: I vote we add a thumbsdown smily.

Yeah, same. Emails says PC BETA is coming soon. I guess we'll get on November 10th. :rolleyes:

mojoman0
10-25-08, 02:41 AM
just got an xbox 360 beta key as well :(

bacon12
10-25-08, 03:08 AM
oops

bacon12
10-25-08, 03:11 AM
Me too. I did get a laugh thou.

You will have until October 19th to click the code below and claim your token before it expires!:retard:

Logical
10-27-08, 12:11 PM
Monday 27/10/08 16:00GMT

And still no DEMO......

If we dont get this demo by tonight i will be cancelling my pre order...Seems my presumptions about Treyarch as a PC developer would be correct. There is no way im spending money on a badly ported game. Treyarch have made there intentions clear right from the start that there main priority would be the X360.

Fobbing us off with 'beta' will be soooooooooooooooon is getting tiring. The game will be gold in another week.......

Logical
10-28-08, 12:05 AM
OK maybe i overreacted a little in my previous post...The beta will be released on Tuesday. Make sure you guys get registered at http://www.callofduty.com/register

Also fileplanet subscribers get to pre download the file now but will be unable to play untill it goes live and the beta keys are issued.

Now im a happy chappy :)

Bman212121
10-28-08, 12:15 AM
Downloading the client @ 2MBps+ (nana2)

It's only 845MB so it shouldn't take long to get. I wonder when they are going to unlock it...

EDIT: According to the FP downloader the estimated date to unlock is the 28th. If they did unlock it today it would likely be around noon.

malachi1313
10-28-08, 12:36 AM
I would try this but between Farcry 2 and Fallout 3,I wont have time..

rudedog
10-28-08, 07:02 AM
And a little birdie told me that if you own a card from nV you will be very happy with World at War.

evox
10-28-08, 08:05 AM
Maybe I am too stupid, but why release a BETA just few days before the retail? Why not release a Demo instead? :|

Logical
10-28-08, 08:28 AM
They call it a Beta but i think its more of a beta to them and more of a demo to us. They test the servers we get to try out the multiplayer side of the game.

There are 3 maps i believe....Castle, makin and roundhouse. All gametypes available and a level cap of 40 so it should keep us busy for a while.

Apparently you can upload some of the files from the download to a windows dedi to run a COD:WW server

Bman212121
10-28-08, 10:17 AM
And a little birdie told me that if you own a card from nV you will be very happy with World at War.

Heh, I think that almost goes without saying. :p

They call it a Beta but i think its more of a beta to them and more of a demo to us. They test the servers we get to try out the multiplayer side of the game.

There are 3 maps i believe....Castle, makin and roundhouse. All gametypes available and a level cap of 40 so it should keep us busy for a while.

Apparently you can upload some of the files from the download to a windows dedi to run a COD:WW server

So if you copy the install folder it has the dedicated server files in it? I will definitely give it a whirl once I get mine unlocked.

trivium nate
10-28-08, 10:21 AM
Yeah im a fileplanet subscriber and it preloaded last night at 12:01am but ims till waiting for my key im signed up for that cod site so i should be good!

rudedog
10-28-08, 10:25 AM
Heh, I think that almost goes without saying. :p

So if you copy the install folder it has the dedicated server files in it? I will definitely give it a whirl once I get mine unlocked.

You will need the main folder, it's just like running a ded. server via windows as CoD4.

Bman212121
10-28-08, 11:43 AM
Sounds good to me. :) I'll probably throw a server together before I even play the game. :lol:

Bman212121
10-28-08, 03:26 PM
The FP beta just unlocked a few minutes ago. I'm grabbing the files to setup a server right now. Can't install the game yet though. :(

rudedog
10-28-08, 03:28 PM
You can use IZArc to extract the server files from the exe.

Bman212121
10-28-08, 03:32 PM
You can use IZArc to extract the server files from the exe.

Yea, I just used winrar. ;)

I have that stuff and you can launch the game, but it's stuck at creating a multiplayer profile and won't let me get to the menu.

Bman212121
10-28-08, 03:44 PM
Can you print out a commandlist? I totally forgot how to do that right now.

FYI, it's COD2 style, so your FS_game folder needs to be under data.

Hmm, it's just locking up on me when I try to start the map mp_castle.

EDIT: Can't use fs_game just yet because we don't have a mod.ff file to put in there. I took away the fs_game folder and typed in map mp_castle and it launched.