PDA

View Full Version : FAR CRY 2 Graphics are pathetic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

sandeep
10-22-08, 10:48 PM
What have they done to the graphics? Crysis appears way better than FAR CRY 2.
I expected FARCRY 2 to be atleast on par with Crysis.

I aint buying the game. Maybe FALL OUT 3 it is.

3DBrad
10-22-08, 10:51 PM
I expected FARCRY 2 to be atleast on par with Crysis.

LOL, wut?

Then you'd be saying "FAR CRY 2 runs pathetically."
;)

Lfctony
10-22-08, 10:52 PM
It does look like crap at certain places. Quite decent at others, but nowhere near Crysis...

jAkUp
10-22-08, 10:52 PM
I think it looks pretty good actually.

sandeep
10-22-08, 10:55 PM
They should have used Crysis engine and made this game. Ubisoft, its a pathetic attempt.:thumbdwn:

Lfctony
10-22-08, 10:58 PM
They should have used Crysis engine and made this game. Ubisoft, its a pathetic attempt.:thumbdwn:

Given the way the game plays, I still think the engine wouldn't have made much of a difference regarding overall experience... The focus should be gameplay, not graphics...

NarcissistZero
10-22-08, 11:02 PM
I was actually really surprised how GREAT it looked when I booted it up... I expected worse, and I got something pretty special looking.

Head out to the "oasis" and tell me you're not impressed.

Even if it isn't GREAT though, which it is, it is certainly far from "pathetic." That kind of hyperbole just makes you look retarded.

sandeep
10-22-08, 11:05 PM
Given the way the game plays, I still think the engine wouldn't have made much of a difference regarding overall experience... The focus should be gameplay, not graphics...
At this time and age, I demand both. For me to sit and play a game, it has to look good and realistic as far as graphics is concerned. Otherwise, its a waste of my time. Spending $$$$ on PC hardware ONLY to play this piece of crap?

I was content with Crysis, but why couldn't they use the Crysis engine for FARCRY 2, dammit. Anyway, I aint buying this game instead my AUD$99.95 is going towards FALLOUT 3.(nana2)

Should have polished/optimised the Crysis engine and used that instead. Crysis on VERY HIGH DX10 looks pretty good.

Madpistol
10-22-08, 11:07 PM
The graphics in general are above average, but what impressed me was the depth and realism found in the lighting. I'm not talking about the shadows either (even though the shadow detail is ridiculously articulate) The ambient lighting found in the scenes is on-par with what is seen in real life. As soon as I put the game down, I went out to get some stuff from wal-mart, and it seriously felt like I was still playing the game; the lighting depth is spot on to what is seen in reality. It's kind of creepy actually. :headexplode:

Lfctony
10-22-08, 11:10 PM
At this time and age, I demand both. For me to sit and play a game, it has to look good and realistic as far as graphics is concerned. Otherwise, its a waste of my time. Spending $$$$ on PC hardware ONLY to play this piece of crap?

I was content with Crysis, but why couldn't they use the Crysis engine for FARCRY 2, dammit. Anyway, I aint buying this game instead its going towards FALLOUT 3.(nana2)

I don't think you are making sense here. CryEngine 2 offers the best visual quality at this time. So you're saying every single game should be developed using the CryEngine 2? Are you listening to yourself? You'd have to throw out Fallout 3 as well, because it doesn't look like Crysis. Now that I'm thinking about it, skip FEAR 2 as well, Dead Space too. Any game not using the CryEngine 2, don't get it... :headexplode:

sillyeagle
10-22-08, 11:10 PM
Why do people keep comparing this to Crysis? There is absolutely no need for this game to look like Crysis, or to perform so badly. I guess kids are too single minded to understand, which should be evident by this totally immature thread.

By the way, the proper way to title this thread would be: "FAR CRY 2 graphics are pathetic". So stay in school kid, I'm telling you, it will pay off!

sandeep
10-22-08, 11:12 PM
I think thats my opinion and I am entitled to it sir? I reckon it looks pathetic. Enough to put me off from buying this game!

Seems like BF 2 standard which was released when?

Lfctony
10-22-08, 11:16 PM
Pft, you're playing Crysis with a 2900XT and you're whining about this game having bad graphics? Did you play Crysis on Medium and thought it looked great? Because my 8800GTX would eat your card for breakfast and I could only push it to High at lowered resolutions...

sandeep
10-22-08, 11:18 PM
Sorry forgot to update my sig. CF 4870 1GIG.;)

Kryckter6911
10-22-08, 11:22 PM

Seriously????

You have got to be kidding me.... People will complain no matter how good the game is, and this statement is proof. People have been complaining about how inefficient the Crysis engine is for WELLL over a year, and now you people are telling game developers to use that engine.

:thumbdwn:

Lfctony
10-22-08, 11:22 PM
Ok, that changes things a bit. But honestly, you can't expect every game to look like Crysis... Different developers, different engines etc... It doesn't look that bad and depending on the environment and time of the day/lightning conditions it can look very nice or very ugly. Too bad that the gameplay isn't good (that's what I feel at least)... Developers should focus on gameplay/plot/fun first and graphics second...

aceflier
10-22-08, 11:28 PM
Ya mine looks horrid;)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6445/screenshot0008copylh2.th.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0008copylh2.jpg)

NarcissistZero
10-22-08, 11:31 PM
If you're counting on Falout 3 to look better than FC2, or Crysis, you are going to think that game is "pathetic" as well, by the way.

Have you watched Fallout 3 vids? That game does not look amazing, purely graphically.

sandeep
10-22-08, 11:32 PM
Ya mine looks horrid;)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6445/screenshot0008copylh2.th.jpg (http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot0008copylh2.jpg)

Thanks champ, except for the sun rays, it looks like BF 2 to me.

If you're counting on Falout 3 to look better than FC2, or Crysis, you are going to think that game is "pathetic" as well, by the way.

Have you watched Fallout 3 vids? That game does not look amazing, purely graphically.

I haven't as yet but heard its like OBlivion. Oh well it better me good.

aceflier
10-22-08, 11:39 PM
Thanks champ, except for the sun rays, it looks like BF 2 to me.

Bf2 has no where near the textures FC2 has. Nor the effects/physics. Like others have said you are going to be disapointed in Fallout 3 if you are expecting it to look as good as crysis or better than FC2.

Might as well quit gamming the next game that is going to be any where near crysis level is Alan Wake. And well thats a ways off from now. ;)

Shamrock
10-22-08, 11:48 PM
I think it looks pretty good actually.

with your PC setup? It would make Cloris Leachman look like Megan Fox.

Lfctony
10-22-08, 11:56 PM
with your PC setup? It would make Cloris Leachman look like Megan Fox.

Nah, even JaKup's rig can't do that... :p

Destroy
10-23-08, 12:22 AM
True, its no Crysis but the game looks decent. What's really bad in this game is the in your face LoD change of everything as you walk forward. Rather annoying.

Oh yeah, and where is the true widescreen? Game sucks with cut down screen. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/6911036696)

Sazar
10-23-08, 12:33 AM
I think thats my opinion and I am entitled to it sir? I reckon it looks pathetic. Enough to put me off from buying this game!

Seems like BF 2 standard which was released when?

Sir, your opinion sucks. And how can it put you off buying this game? Are you saying you haven't played this game and are therefore basing your opinion off of nothing but pictures?

If you play the ACTUAL game on ultra-high levels, the game looks pretty good actually. Crysis uses a completely different engine so I don't understand why you keep comparing it. 2 different studios made these products.

Since you haven't actually PLAYED this game (based on your comments) your opinion means jack squat.

Now stfu and go play in a sandbox and complain about the granularity of the sand there.

Sazar
10-23-08, 12:34 AM
True, its no Crysis but the game looks decent. What's really bad in this game is the in your face LoD change of everything as you walk forward. Rather annoying.

Oh yeah, and where is the true widescreen? Game sucks with cut down screen. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/6911036696)

Heh, I knew it FELT different :D

Good to know the weirdness had a valid reason.