PDA

View Full Version : Saint's Row 2

Pages : [1] 2

crainger
10-23-08, 01:03 AM
Anyone get this? I put this thread in here because I got the PS3 Initiation Pack (Well worth the extra $20 BTW)

I tell you. It's a blast, I'm having more fun with this than GTAIV. I completed all the activities then did the missions. Just to get the cool upgraded weapons and unlimited ammo/sprint.

As for the PS3 being more 'washed' out, it's true, but it's not huge, plus the PS3 has less framerate and tearing issues. Also has anice selection of music, even if most have appeared in GTA:SA and GTA:VC before.

NaitoSan
10-23-08, 01:09 AM
I actually liked Saint's Row on XBOX 360 but didn't buy it. Saint's Row 2 looks pretty good but I'm not really into gangster type of thing. GTA:SA was a little turn off for me because of that.

crainger
10-23-08, 01:27 AM
Well it makes fun of the whole gangsta thing. The fact you can be a white guy with a British accent is pretty funny.

Right now my guy is British, white, dresses like Neo and does Kung Fu. ::D:

NarcissistZero
10-23-08, 01:57 AM
I posted in some other thread... I got the game (360 version) and it is realy fun. It's not a AAA title, and it feels pretty rough around the edges sometimes, but it's REALLY fun to play.

I created a little redheaded crazy ***** who runs around slaughtering people in a g-string. You just can't do that in GTA4.

That said, GTA4 was a better game.

betterdan
10-23-08, 05:57 AM
I got it and it is pretty fun. I'm a white guy with a british accent and female taunts. :)

crainger
10-23-08, 04:32 PM
Somehow I'm not surprised betterdan.

tornadog
10-23-08, 06:01 PM
I got it and it is pretty fun. I'm a white guy with a british accent and female taunts. :)

Are you sure its not an Aussie accent. They go pretty well with female taunts, or so I heard when crainger was cussing!!!!

Severian126
10-23-08, 06:43 PM
I made a character and it looks like my avatar here.

No one wants me in their gang for some reason tho....

crainger
10-23-08, 07:05 PM
Are you sure its not an Aussie accent. They go pretty well with female taunts, or so I heard when crainger was cussing!!!!

You love it when I talk dirty.

betterdan
10-23-08, 07:20 PM
You love it when I talk dirty.

That is one of the female taunts my character says!

Hmm maybe it is an aussie accent afterall. Other gang members do make fun of it now that I think about it...

crainger
10-23-08, 08:15 PM
It's British! I think it's meant to be the classic British crook accent... Wait Australians ARE the classic British crook... ::(:

npras42
10-23-08, 08:16 PM
It's British! I think it's meant to be the classic British crook accent... Wait Australians ARE the classic British crook... ::(:

lol. I'm glad you said it... Its all fair game now! :p

crainger
10-23-08, 11:15 PM
Shut up or I'll cut you up so bad you'll wish I didn't cut you up so bad.

Man... Where did THAT come from? ::o:

sytaylor
10-24-08, 10:02 AM
Well it makes fun of the whole gangsta thing. The fact you can be a white guy with a British accent is pretty funny.

Doesn't really have much comedy value for me :p

betterdan
10-24-08, 10:53 AM

That's cause you're already a joke.

:p

crainger
10-25-08, 01:03 AM

You can wear a hat and shades inside.

betterdan
10-25-08, 10:46 AM
:lol2:

NarcissistZero
10-25-08, 12:49 PM
It's a shame Farcry 2 and Dead Space came out right after this, because it's a fun game I would like to play more of. It just doesn't hold a candle to those games though.

And Fallout 3 is coming on Tuesday...

crainger
10-25-08, 10:40 PM
It's easily more fun than Dead Space. Far Cry 2... Well... ::D:

EciDemon
10-27-08, 04:52 AM
Im quite impressed with this game, got it for ps3 (have the first game too on the 360)
It came with a Saints Row 2 money clip :D

I must say Im impressed on how much more they added this time around and I honestly think I have more fun in this game then in gta 4, I also tried some co op with a friend and that just ruled :)

crainger
10-27-08, 05:34 AM
I got the money clip too, with USB Bullet, t-shirt, Freckle *****'s Pizza Box, Art book and Strategy guide. Great collectors pack.

EciDemon
10-27-08, 05:46 AM
They only had the collectors edition for the 360 here >=(
The collectors box had all those things in it?

No offence but you never know when you'r behind the keyboard :D

crainger
10-27-08, 05:51 AM
The Default Collectors didn't, but the special Initiation Pack did. ::D: I use the Bullet USB drive to backup my PS3 saves.

EciDemon
10-27-08, 07:21 AM
If I had one of those bullet usb's id use it to threaten my 360 into behaving better and read my discs.

Now it just sits there besids my ps3 feeling a bit sorry for it's sorry self.

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 07:36 AM
Shut up or I'll cut you up so bad you'll wish I didn't cut you up so bad.

Man... Where did THAT come from? ::o:

:rofl

"Those are some pretty bad roaches..."