PDA

View Full Version : Project Offset forums back up

mojoman0
10-23-08, 12:53 PM
http://www.projectoffset.com/

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to say hello.

I drove from Austin to Santa Clara to join the Project Offset team in August. Iíd been a fan of Project Offset for a long time -- Iíd watched all the videos online for years before that and wondered what the game was all about.

Project Offset is very much alive and kicking, and the last few weeks have been a constant reminder of why I got into the industry in the first place.

I joined the team because Iím not just a developer. Iím a rabid, die-hard gamer and a Project Offset fanboy, and if thereís one game Iíve always wanted to see succeed, itís this one.

I was able to play an early demo of the game when I interviewed. I saw some things my first few days on the job that I was not expecting to see, and which frankly blew me away.

Joining the Offset team, making a difference on a game I believe in, and helping to coordinate the creative vision of this extraordinary team have all added up to a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have to keep pinching myself to make sure itís real.

Itís also been a blast to work with the Offset Editor. Iíve used a lot of powerful game editors and toolsets in the past, but the Offset Editor surpassed my expectations on every level. Itís been loads of fun adding lots of little editor features to help empower the design team, and itís been surprisingly easy to do so.

Iíve always believed in the vision for this game, and as the teamís vision has evolved and Intelís momentum has grown, I believe in it more than ever.

Iím happy to say Iíve worked every day since I got here. I expect to work pretty much every day until we ship, because I believe in this game and want to do everything I can to help this team give you the greatest experience possible.

There were some questions on the forums regarding our relationship with Intel. Intel has been great to us and weíre thrilled to be part of this company. The Offset team still has full control of the creative vision of our game.

Weíre working on the engine and the game simultaneously. Both are going strong.

We canít really discuss details of the game quite yet. Thereís a lot to talk about, and we want to make sure we do it the right way. Weíre looking forward to being able to share more information with you later on down the road.

Paul Tozour
Design Lead, Project Offset team

SH64
10-23-08, 06:14 PM
We need screens .. and videos .. and ... demo :bleh:

Vanzagar
10-24-08, 01:41 AM
we need a fricken eta... this is getting as bad as dnf...

saturnotaku
10-24-08, 05:52 AM
I find this statement troubling:

I joined the team because Iím not just a developer. Iím a rabid, die-hard gamer and a Project Offset fanboy, and if thereís one game Iíve always wanted to see succeed, itís this one.

And they're calling this guy a "Design Lead" when it doesn't sound like he has any experience? :eek2: