PDA

View Full Version : NHL 2009 - no widescreen...

mailman2
10-24-08, 01:26 PM
WTF EA. And these guys cant figure out why no one is buying their games...

just 4:3 resolutions are there in the options. Joy!

Tr1cK
10-24-08, 01:28 PM
Another reason why I don't mind anyone (lee) an EA game.

dante
10-24-08, 01:54 PM
It's out for pc? How are the graphics? Do they have "Be A Pro" mode?

LordJuanlo
10-24-08, 02:03 PM
The same sh*t they release every year, same old PS2 engine with no widescreen support. They have improved FIFA this year (but still far from 360 and PS3) but NHL is the same old story

dante
10-24-08, 02:17 PM
The same sh*t they release every year, same old PS2 engine with no widescreen support. They have improved FIFA this year (but still far from 360 and PS3) but NHL is the same old story

Damn. Ok thanks for the heads up. I gave up on the EA's NHL series a few years ago. I thought this years might be a bit better because of the improvements to the 360 version. Such a shame. Used to be the flagship sports game for EA as far as the PC is concerned anyway.

nekrosoft13
10-24-08, 02:25 PM
NHL, still uses PS2 engine, they finally upgraded FIFA.

which is what i care about ;)

Medion
10-24-08, 03:39 PM
What the PC version still uses the old PS2 engine?!

And yet you'll still have fanboys come here and argue that the PC version has better graphics than the modern consoles. It's just not true, though it has nothing to do with the hardware, and everything to do with EA's shortcomings.

mailman2
10-24-08, 03:43 PM
And yet you'll still have fanboys come here and argue that the PC version has better graphics than the modern consoles. It's just not true, though it has nothing to do with the hardware, and everything to do with EA's shortcomings.

Well the potential is certainly there :D Its not PC gamers fault the devs are lazy.

Tbh I have NHL 09 for my 360 and it doesnt really look any different than the 09 PC version...

nekrosoft13
10-24-08, 03:44 PM

:headexplode:

who is arguing that NHL09 looks better on PC?

Medion
10-24-08, 04:13 PM
:headexplode:

who is arguing that NHL09 looks better on PC?

No one yet. Did you not notice the future tence? It was mainly in reference to those who were saying that Madden 08 on PC shat all over the console versions graphically.

Tbh I have NHL 09 for my 360 and it doesnt really look any different than the 09 PC version...

Screenshots please :)

nekrosoft13
10-24-08, 04:26 PM
speaking about console vs pc version, usually PC verison looks better.

most of EA Sports games are rare exceptions to that rule. since they still port over PS2 games

bob saget
10-24-08, 04:42 PM
go canucks go :bleh:

LordJuanlo
10-24-08, 05:58 PM
they finally upgraded FIFA

They have upgraded it just a bit, only graphics and controls, but gameplay is from PS2 version. I have downloaded the 360 demo and it blows away the PC version.

At least is a first step

Another reason why I don't mind anyone (lee) an EA game.

I agree, when I see that any game has been leaked it makes me sad, but I don't mind that those crappy PS2 ports done by EA Sports get torrented to death, it's a joke for PC users to release the same sh*t year after year, like if we were idiots and we didn't notice it

nekrosoft13
10-24-08, 06:04 PM
They have upgraded it just a bit, only graphics and controls, but gameplay is from PS2 version. I have downloaded the 360 demo and it blows away the PC version.

At least is a first step

true, but this is a lot better then all previous releases. i'm happy ;)

Medion
10-24-08, 06:07 PM
speaking about console vs pc version, usually PC verison looks better.

most of EA Sports games are rare exceptions to that rule. since they still port over PS2 games

Thank you for repeating me. I never said that console graphics are better than PC graphics. i merely stated that EA has serious deficiencies, and that their games typically look better on consoles. They are the exception, not the norm.

dante
10-25-08, 12:56 AM
It was mainly in reference to those who were saying that Madden 08 on PC shat all over the console versions graphically.

And it does. Madden 09 on my 360 is so fuggin 2001. Ugly as hell and the game play worse.

Medion
10-26-08, 02:49 PM
And it does. Madden 09 on my 360 is so fuggin 2001. Ugly as hell and the game play worse.

Hook it up to an HDTV.

EDIT: With at least Component, if not HDMI.

dante
10-26-08, 04:11 PM
Hook it up to an HDTV.

EDIT: With at least Component, if not HDMI.

I played the demo with a hdmi hookup. Does the demo support high def?