PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some PS3 games please

JaylumX
10-24-08, 03:09 PM
New to Sony even though i have a 360. I am a fan of Devil May Cry, and Gears of War (can't wait for Number 2). Are there any visually striking action games that i will enjoy that has a balanced difficulty (Not to easy please).

Cheers

JaylumX

Medion
10-24-08, 03:38 PM
If you're a fan of Devil May Cry and Gears of War, get DMC4 on PS3. Get Gears of War on 360 (since it's exclusive to that console over the PS3). If you want another action game that's definitely not easy, get Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3), followed by Ninja Gaiden 2 (360).

My other favorites on the PS3 are PSN downloads; Wipeout HD ($19.99), and Puzzle Quest ($14.99).

JaylumX
10-24-08, 03:43 PM
If you're a fan of Devil May Cry and Gears of War, get DMC4 on PS3. Get Gears of War on 360 (since it's exclusive to that console over the PS3). If you want another action game that's definitely not easy, get Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3), followed by Ninja Gaiden 2 (360).

My other favorites on the PS3 are PSN downloads; Wipeout HD ($19.99), and Puzzle Quest ($14.99).

Cheers for the advice. I should have mentioned that i have Devil May Cry 3:SE on PC and Devil May Cry 4 on 360 as well as Gears of War. Just wanted to use it as a guide for you to give me advice on the type of games i would like.

Ninja Gaiden Stigma sounds ace. I was gonna get NG2 for 360 but i felt i should at least try the prequel (Xbox Original) by getting Black so i could get used to the universe. Getting it for the PS3 will allow me to do that as well as sample a graphical overhall.

Anymore fellas

Cheers

JaylumX

S.I.N
10-24-08, 04:45 PM
Uncharted.

Marvel_us
10-24-08, 05:36 PM
Uncharted.

+1. There should be a demo in the store as well.

NaitoSan
10-24-08, 05:45 PM
Motorstorm, Warhawk (if you enjoy mulitplayer), Uncharted, MGS4, Heavenly Sword, Forklore, Resistance and Dead Space (If you prefer console over PC). Oh yeah, Ratchet and Clank.

Yeah check Wipeout HD out, it's awesome. Siren is supposed to be quite good, it's on PSN. I think that's all I can think of.

npras42
10-24-08, 06:00 PM
Uncharted can be pretty tough and the graphics are about as good as I've seen on consoles... there are lots of other good games though ^^^ but most of them not too difficult.

Medion
10-24-08, 06:06 PM
+1. There should be a demo in the store as well.

I wish. Not normally my type of game, but I've heard so much about it, I'd like to try it. I've downloaded almost every demo and video off PSN. Uncharted isn't there.

npras42
10-24-08, 06:12 PM
I wish. Not normally my type of game, but I've heard so much about it, I'd like to try it. I've downloaded almost every demo and video off PSN. Uncharted isn't there.

There should be. I definitely played a demo of Uncharted before I played the real game. I'm like 100% sure of this. Maybe it got taken down when the new style Store opened... idk...

ralinn
10-24-08, 06:36 PM
Yeah, the demo is definitely still on there. :)

Medion
10-24-08, 09:27 PM
Yeah, the demo is definitely still on there. :)

You're mistaken. I just went through all 57 PS3 demos on PSN several times to verify, and it is not there. If it was ever on there, is most definitely is not there now.

saturnotaku
10-24-08, 09:34 PM
I thought the Uncharted demo was Europe only. If you create a Euro PSN account, you should get access to it.

MowTin
10-24-08, 11:21 PM
Buy a Driving Force Pro and get GT5: Prologue.

The PS3 own the 360 when it comes to racing game because it supports DFP and G25. 360 only supports MS crap.

Lfctony
10-24-08, 11:42 PM
I thought the Uncharted demo was Europe only. If you create a Euro PSN account, you should get access to it.

They actually did that? Not release a demo for the US? :headexplode:

After looking into it, it must definitely be there. I remember downloading it from the US. It was region-locked, there was uproar so they posted a new RF version...

LORD-eX-Bu
10-25-08, 02:11 AM
lol yeah I still had the demo up until a couple of days ago and then I deleted it because its been a couple of months since I beat the full game :lol:

Marvel_us
10-25-08, 08:35 AM
The uncharted demo is definitely there guys. You have to go to the alphabetical listing and look under the 'U' titles.

Sorry for the blurry pic. Took it in a rush this morning.

http://s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/uncharteddemo.jpg (http://s3.supload.com/free/uncharteddemo.jpg/view/)

ralinn
10-25-08, 09:34 AM
You're mistaken. I just went through all 57 PS3 demos on PSN several times to verify, and it is not there. If it was ever on there, is most definitely is not there now.

I'm sorry but I'm not imagining it being in front of me, right this second. :o

Medion
10-25-08, 01:45 PM
The uncharted demo is definitely there guys. You have to go to the alphabetical listing and look under the 'U' titles.

Sorry for the blurry pic. Took it in a rush this morning.

http://s3.supload.com/thumbs/default/uncharteddemo.jpg (http://s3.supload.com/free/uncharteddemo.jpg/view/)

Thank you :)

JaylumX
10-25-08, 01:56 PM
Again thanks for the info :)

I'm off to ebay to see if i can pick up Resistance, Ninja Gaiden Stigma and Uncharted. Hoepfully it will arrive around the same time my PS3 does. Sweet.

ralinn
10-25-08, 02:50 PM
Phew, I thought I was going insane! :D