PDA

View Full Version : speculation on why anand not posting DetFX review

BigFish7
05-21-03, 09:46 AM
well i thought to myself and came up with an idea, maybe they (anandtech) hold back the review of the DetFX due to the fact that nVidia has told them that they will fix the "Cheating bugs" in a new set of drivers afterward they would be able to post it down...
just a thought... ;)

digitalwanderer
05-21-03, 09:48 AM
If they release a new set that doesn't cheat, does that mean we give them a walk on the cheating set and just pretend that they didn't do anything wrong just since they fixed it after they got busted?

It just don't set right with me. :(

Sazar
05-21-03, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
If they release a new set that doesn't cheat, does that mean we give them a walk on the cheating set and just pretend that they didn't do anything wrong just since they fixed it after they got busted?

instead of current affairs it will be treated as a fait accompli and yesterday's news and therefore if mentioned in passing as 'this driver set had a "bug" which did such and such' then it will be a lot easier for people to forget the issue... and perhaps look the other way..

its clever if you think about it... minimum of blame issed if acknowledged late since humans are fickle and more into current affairs than stuff that happened a few weeks ago....

BigFish7
05-21-03, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

dw you got me all wrong i'm nost saying it's a cheat i'm sayiing it's a bug that would be fixed if it would be fixed as i said here then sure why not it was only a bug however if it has huge inpact on speeds then BAD BAD BAD nVidia :D

sazar is telling words of wisdom :cool:

StealthHawk
05-21-03, 05:46 PM
The problem is that there's no way to know if they're cheating or not.

You don't think they can put code into the drivers that will detect the camera going off the rail?

BigFish7
05-22-03, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
The problem is that there's no way to know if they're cheating or not.

You don't think they can put code into the drivers that will detect the camera going off the rail?
i believe they can , but so do they(ATI)...

rokzy
05-22-03, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by BigFish7
i believe they can , but so do they(ATI)...

nvidia was discovered cheating because they made their 3dmark results better than should be expected from their hardware.

ATI's results are consitent. ATI are not cheating. you are just scared of ATI and need to attack them.

BigFish7
05-22-03, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by rokzy
nvidia was discovered cheating because they made their 3dmark results better than should be expected from their hardware.

ATI's results are consitent. ATI are not cheating. you are just scared of ATI and need to attack them.
:rofl yeah right ...
maybe they are better cheaters then NV (we can't even see it)...
now really how do you know that they don't cheat maybe they are BTW nvidia is not cheat as far as we know (because we can't know untill we see the DetFX algorithm which is impossible)
hoooo yeah i'm scared ATIZERZ ...
it's funny you know i don't care if ATI would get better the real thing i wanna see is whether they(nVidia) can be 1 step befor ATI ...
ATI has really shone with their R3XX i must admit, they done a really good job...
in conclusion you're telling bull#@#( and you can keep doing that i don't mind laughing from time to time :afro:

john19055
05-22-03, 09:19 PM
When the R8500 came out did'nt ATI have a Quack cheat that made Benchmark2001 run higher scores than it should have.

BigFish7
05-23-03, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by john19055
When the R8500 came out did'nt ATI have a Quack cheat that made Benchmark2001 run higher scores than it should have.
if i recall it corect they did cheat...
but as i said i don't care the important thing is real life gaming...

Sazar
05-23-03, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by john19055

the issue existed with quake hence the term QUACK... :)

there is another thread on this board that discusses this topic... since it is active I believe it is on the first page on the NEW posts thinger...