PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Underworld Demo Coming Tuesday

Pages : [1] 2 3

SH64
10-26-08, 04:45 PM
Even m0ar games to keep us busy this month :cool:
Lara gets muddy in the game, but with the weather system, rain will wash it away. Eidos revealed that a playable demo will be available Tuesday Oct. 28, and feature a portion of the Thailand level.
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=56984

jAkUp
10-26-08, 05:53 PM
Awesome!

crainger
10-26-08, 06:28 PM
If I lived in Sydney I could have met Lara at the George St EB. Probably a good thing I didn't meet her, otherwise she'd have wanted to marry a crainger.

SH64
10-26-08, 06:35 PM
If I lived in Sydney I could have met Lara at the George St EB. Probably a good thing I didn't meet her, otherwise she'd have wanted to marry a crainger.
That would make miss beagle pissed off .. :nono:

crainger
10-26-08, 06:59 PM
Beagle likes Lara too though. I could always cheat on Lara with Beagle... ::bleh::

mythy
10-26-08, 07:17 PM
WOW WHAT A STUPID MOVE TAKING ON THE FALLOUT RELEASE WIT HA DEMO LOL

ERERER ( @!k@*qjke@j CaPaS lOCK gaYNEs IN my aNusS

crainger
10-26-08, 07:25 PM
Ahhh, that's nice mythy.

Anyways, it sure is a crowded period for release, but remember. Demos are free, full games are not. Why not get the demo out and let people have a got, the full game wont be out for a little while longer.

mythy
10-26-08, 07:33 PM
sure it will it out on the 28th in the countries that matters

LordJuanlo
10-27-08, 03:23 AM
Can't wait to have a look at the demo!

nutcrackr
10-27-08, 03:31 AM
well since I won't get fallout 3 till saturday this news is most delicious, game looks good!

K007
10-27-08, 03:43 AM
Will Tri GTX280 SLI be enuf for this game -.-

nutcrackr
10-27-08, 03:51 AM
tri sli gives you about 15fps 800x600 no AA.

H3avyM3tal
10-27-08, 04:27 AM
How the hell is it possible to play this game with a keyboard... I dunno, I can manage FPS on consoles with the controller, but playing TR with a key board just seems so messy. I know it's possible, but I'd rather get it for the ps.

A demo will let me know for sure.

H3avyM3tal
10-27-08, 04:28 AM
Ahhhhhh! Double frikkin' post!

crainger
10-27-08, 04:32 AM
tri sli gives you about 15fps 800x600 no AA.

Not bad. Totally worth the extra 2 grand for the extra cards and PSU.

LordJuanlo
10-27-08, 06:42 AM
How the hell is it possible to play this game with a keyboard... I dunno, I can manage FPS on consoles with the controller, but playing TR with a key board just seems so messy. I know it's possible, but I'd rather get it for the ps.

I played the first Tomb Raider games with keyboard and didn't have any problem, however I eventually got a Logitech pad and it was much better. Today I prefer the 360 controller for all those games, but it isn't bad at all with keyboard and mouse

MaXThReAT
10-27-08, 08:02 AM
I played the first Tomb Raider games with keyboard and didn't have any problem, however I eventually got a Logitech pad and it was much better. Today I prefer the 360 controller for all those games, but it isn't bad at all with keyboard and mouse

The day I hook up a 360 controller to my PC will be the day Windows Live takes over hell...freezes it over and Satan himself throws a snowball in my face. I'm just saying.

LordJuanlo
10-27-08, 10:11 AM
In that case... be sure to buy a wireless controller

MaXThReAT
10-27-08, 03:41 PM
In that case... be sure to buy a wireless controller

I do own wireless 4 pads. I just cringe a little when people say they prefer a 360 control. Tomb Raider was a PC game and had always been played with a KB+M. I'm just afraid more games are going to start ending up like Dead Space and others that will not work with anything but a 360 control because they're made that way, because people allow them to take our freedom of choice. 29.99 for a Ruble Pad 2 or 45.99 and up for a 360 pad. How about the day when KB+M no longer work in FPS, Would you still support the 360 pad? Maybe they're better than the RP2 but I bet it's not the hardware but the programming. Why not a pressure sensitive analog keypad like the PS3 buttons. Along with low resolution displays, hook up a 360 pad and the PC is just a few transistors away from being a slightly more powerful and completely un-needed gaming platform as far as developer$ are concerned. Don't you think they would be so happy if all us PC gamers moved to consoles. NBA 2K9 59.99 for 360, 19.99 for the PC. When developers start saying they’re not brining their next AAA game to PC it will already be too late...wait a minute.

End of Days :headexplode:

npras42
10-27-08, 05:18 PM
I do own wireless 4 pads. I just cringe a little when people say they prefer a 360 control. Tomb Raider was a PC game and had always been played with a KB+M. I'm just afraid more games are going to start ending up like Dead Space and others that will not work with anything but a 360 control because they're made that way, because people allow them to take our freedom of choice. 29.99 for a Ruble Pad 2 or 45.99 and up for a 360 pad. How about the day when KB+M no longer work in FPS, Would you still support the 360 pad? Maybe they're better than the RP2 but I bet it's not the hardware but the programming. Why not a pressure sensitive analog keypad like the PS3 buttons. Along with low resolution displays, hook up a 360 pad and the PC is just a few transistors away from being a slightly more powerful and completely un-needed gaming platform as far as developer$ are concerned. Don't you think they would be so happy if all us PC gamers moved to consoles. NBA 2K9 59.99 for 360, 19.99 for the PC. When developers start saying they’re not brining their next AAA game to PC it will already be too late...wait a minute.

End of Days :headexplode:

Christ!!! Talk about going over-the-top. :rant: Besides, Tomb Raider was a Sega Saturn game first not a PC game!

MaXThReAT
10-27-08, 06:28 PM
Christ!!! Talk about going over-the-top. :rant: Besides, Tomb Raider was a Sega Saturn game first not a PC game!

It was actually a Dos game at the same time it came out on Saturn. I know I'm a bit over the top but people keep saying it's not happening but it already is. It's still a ways out there but no doubt it's already happening.

MaXThReAT
10-27-08, 06:32 PM
The saturn was the primary development platform for TR1.

That's fine but it wasn't a Saturn game first. Using your line of thinking most new PC games aren't really PC games since the primary development platform is consoles. :D

npras42
10-27-08, 06:48 PM
That's fine but it wasn't a Saturn game first. Using your line of thinking most new PC games aren't really PC games since the primary development platform is consoles. :D

It wasn't just a DOS game though either. This is the only bit, I'm arguing:

Tomb Raider was a PC game and had always been played with a KB+M.

Well it has always been played on a gamepad too... As you say the game was a Saturn game first and ported to the PC. Regardless of whether they were released at the same time - for the record the PS version was also out at the same time.

MaXThReAT
10-27-08, 09:12 PM
It wasn't just a DOS game though either. This is the only bit, I'm arguing:

Well it has always been played on a gamepad too... As you say the game was a Saturn game first and ported to the PC. Regardless of whether they were released at the same time - for the record the PS version was also out at the same time.

I agree. I would just really hate to see yet another game with screwed up controls because it was made for consoles and have people support the forced change to 360 pads by using them. TR aside if MS/GFW supports any other pads they don't see a dime of hardware money and propagate an open gaming field. If devs don't support a 360 pad it can't be a GFW end of story. If they really wanted to help the PC they would require games to work with all current pads available on todays market as well as KB+M. I could really care less about their pad and would prefer developers don't support GFW. Underworld is a GFW and was required to support a 360 pad. who knows if it will even support other pads. I prefer Logitech and would like to keep the choice to use my $120 worth of pads. I mean Crysis was required to support 360 pad and has a filter for gamepad only servers with not a single gamepad only server running but how much friggen time was waisted in order to support MS's pad and not a single person is running a gamepad server. Even Far Cry 2's mouse controls bite the big one. GFW shouldn't be needed and devs should support all current pads, KB+M, all resolutions and aspect ratios without GFW.

If people don't get the fact that MS's perfect vision for PC is cross platform gaming on pads with the Xbox then I'm sorry but when Xbox games start being developed on a level that allows them to put both the Xbox and PC version on the same disk allowing PC users to run marginally better graphics maybe people will wake up and start to wonder how it happened, how did we allow it to happen. WTF do you think DX10 is? Xbox-PC API and not much more. Soon after PC will be dead because it will no longer be worth it. EOFD

saturnotaku
10-27-08, 09:17 PM
B/C Sega was better to their 3rd parties than anyone, so they already had a good relationship with core design, b/c of ah-3 thunderstrike on the sega cd.

Sega treated their partners perfectly so everyone benefited.

If Sega had such a great relationship with their developers, they wouldn't have lost out to Sony.