PDA

View Full Version : What do you think could make FarCry 2 better?

Pages : [1] 2

Mike89
10-27-08, 02:41 AM
I don't dislike this game in general but I do dislike some things about it that keep it from being a lot better game for me than it is. So far I'm guessing I'm past half way through the game and there are about as many things I dislike as like. Not sure if this game is going to be a keeper for me or not at this point. Curious to hear from others on what they think would have made it better.

I'd like to see the screen show the compass, ammo, health, etc, maybe being able to toggle them off or on for those that like the current 'nothing on the screen' look. Bringing up that map gets old real quick.

Better voice acting, it's not very good and that's being kind.

Get rid of the damn spawning. Have a finite number of bad guys in any sector and in the game itself. I never could figure out how the game makers decided that endless spawning added to the fun factor, it sure doesn't for me.

Have shot selection for the weapons, automatic, single shot, etc. All weapons have this option but the game decided these weapons didn't.

Being able to take off the blur when running. Never really been a "blur" guy.

That's a few to begin with, I'm sure I'll think of more.

jAkUp
10-27-08, 02:46 AM
Voice acting, AI, and shorter driving distances I think would make it better for me, but I still love this game.

Bman212121
10-27-08, 02:51 AM
Get rid of the weapon bob. I can only play the game for like 10 - 15 minutes at a time because of all of the screen shaking.

nutcrackr
10-27-08, 02:53 AM
Let the player shoot out tires of vehicles, let them place items in the vehicles to take around. Include and inventory "sack" to carry around health, weapons, ammo, grenades, pills, armor etc. Take out the save boxes, and "you can now save here" messages. Add a flashlight, nightvision, thermal vision, make the nights a darker. Better audio system, including audio levels, directional audio. Let the player pick up and throw/drop physics objects like barrels, rocks. Allow the player to shoot from vehicles at reduced accuracy and reduced vehicle control.

Mr. Hunt
10-27-08, 02:55 AM
Don't have the outposts respawns in 1 minute or whatever it is.

Let you travel from your unlocked safehouses to other unlocked safehouses.

With those 2, I would definitely be very happy. Still enjoying the game a lot though... just annoying because you ALWAYS have to pass by like 4 guard posts and kill everybody since they will never stop following/shooting you.

glObalist
10-27-08, 06:20 AM
- Fix the map system (what OP said).

- Implement enemy radar (showing enemies you've scouted fow with the monocular and their awareness level) just like in FC1, don't just stick the franchise name on the game for no reason FFS

DoomUK
10-27-08, 07:20 AM
More variation in the wildlife of the world. I want to see lions, rhinos, elephants, cheetahs, hyenas, leapords, crocodiles, hippos....

And everything else that's already been listed. With the exception of the voice acting thing; I've never had a problem with that.

rudedog
10-27-08, 07:43 AM
- How about an MP lobby system that works.
- Key mapping in MP (carried over from SP).
- Stop the booklet page flipping every time you select an option in the menu.
- Add a real MP in game browser.
- Remove "ready" from MP .
- Actually show servers and pings in the in game browser.
- Being able to connect to a server in a decent amount of time.
- Not having to wait for a game to begin before joining.
- When downloading maps, having an option to say no.
- Speeding up getting into a server.

Simply fixing the MP would help improve this game.

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 07:46 AM
- How about an MP lobby system that works.
- Key mapping in MP (carried over from SP).
- Stop the booklet page flipping every time you select an option in the menu.
- Add a real MP in game browser.
- Remove "ready" from MP .
- Actually show servers and pings in the in game browser.
- Being able to connect to a server in a decent amount of time.
- Not having to wait for a game to begin before joining.
- When downloading maps, having an option to say no.
- Speeding up getting into a server.

Simply fixing the MP would help improve this game.

Gah...

Sounds like a Windows Live! game. :o

rudedog
10-27-08, 07:49 AM
Gah...

Sounds like a Windows Live! game. :o

More like they quickly ported the MP from a console......

I think a Windows Live game would be an improvement. god did I just say that?

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 07:50 AM
More like they quickly ported the MP from a console......

I think a Windows Live game would be an improvement. god did I just say that?

I take it you don't own Shadowrun? :rofl

I spent $45 on the game because I'm a complete sucker and wanted it because of the Shadowrun name. I played it online three times and never touched it again because GFW Live! is so incredibly bad.

Logical
10-27-08, 07:58 AM
- using textures that dont look like they have come off a Sega master system
- Having water move like it should
- Take off that ghey blur
- Scrap the africa feel altogether...it gets boring fast..more tropical beaches plz
- no mouse lag
- A HUD
- dialogues are boring and lack any depth
- voice acting sounds like its straight from a 3 year olds cartoon

In all honesty...to make it better they should scrap the game altogether and go back to far cry and look on how they can improve on such an awesome game...because far cry 2 is far away from being an improvement in any respect.

g-a-m-e
10-27-08, 08:26 AM
In all honesty, i think the voice acting (quick speaking) was done on purpose. I think it would get annoying very quickly if all conversations were done slowly.

Things that would make far cry better:

1) the ability to carry 2 primary weapons. Now you have to choose between sniping/close combat before you leave to do the mission. You really can't combine as it is now .
2) A bit less jeeps/checkpoints .
3) Missions are often (mostly) on oposite of the map from where you are. Combine that with #2 and things can get a bit annoying sometimes.
4) Bit more stealth, better sniping .

RupertBanana
10-27-08, 09:37 AM
Most of the compromises and omissions are the result of it being a multi-platform game.....so unless forums kick up a stink about it, game developers will continue to churn out 3rd world games.....of course, if the console fanny's go goo ga over it and how wonderful it is to be so "undemanding", then we'll be stuck in 2006 for years.

Revs
10-27-08, 09:52 AM
There's been a couple of times now when I've been shooting at guys behind objects and the shots never hit. The last time a guys head was poking out from behind a tree, I was aiming directly at his head from not too far away and shot about 10 shots that didn't hit. It wasn't until he was totally out from behind the tree that I could shoot him.

ASUSEN7900GTX
10-27-08, 10:07 AM
all of the above already.

But why not wild life lions and such?

that would┤ve been co÷l

Destroy
10-27-08, 12:03 PM
I could make a huge long list but to keep the game minimally changed and doable I would do this:

1. Make the driving have much more meaning. Let the vehicles last longer and allow fun, longer chases by maybe dropping grenades and molitov kocktails behind you to try and shake the enemy. Make an actual race out of it(without gunfire) like GTA's done where you have to out drive, hide and evade them.

2. Keep this hills and ridges but make them passable or climbable while on foot. Funneling sucks.

3. Put some attacking enemies (people and the current animials) in forest, not just in towns and check points.

4. Add more and random treasures for more explorations fun....diamonds on bodes, in trucks, in huts, in river shores, on roadway in ground; not just in setup hokey briefcases.

Mike89
10-27-08, 01:27 PM
Some damn good ideas in here. Developers could get some good stuff reading this thread.

Retrolock
10-27-08, 01:30 PM
Too bloomy.

I'm just talking out of my ass here. I don't have the game yet.

g-a-m-e
10-27-08, 02:03 PM
Too bloomy.

I'm just talking out of my ass here. I don't have the game yet.

Most excellent.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3893/bleh2kx6.gif

hirantha
10-27-08, 06:08 PM
I wish they would fix the AI even though i was able to sneak behind a few and slash them :D ... i love this game no other complains :) oh yeah i would like to see some more wild life ( for true immersion)

i guess lot of people complain about the re spawning, you know why i think its a good idea? cuz while i run around i dont wanna be bored, i wanna be able to shoot and run. i need something to keep me company, the repawning does it well. Besides, they are supply spots so if you want to resupply you have to fight for it, i think the idea of respawn is fair. and don't forget to search for the 221 diamond cases. :)

LT.Schaffer
10-27-08, 08:39 PM
all of the above already.

But why not wild life lions and such?

that would┤ve been co÷l

they said they did not want the hunters killing all the plant eaters so they left them out,thats why there are no lions,etc.

Zhivago
10-27-08, 08:41 PM
Being able to go prone for increased gun stability.
The LMG's I have tried thus far all have horrible recoil (as they should), and the lack of a prone stance reduces their utility.

npras42
10-27-08, 09:03 PM
There's been a couple of times now when I've been shooting at guys behind objects and the shots never hit. The last time a guys head was poking out from behind a tree, I was aiming directly at his head from not too far away and shot about 10 shots that didn't hit. It wasn't until he was totally out from behind the tree that I could shoot him.

That would drive me nuts!

Between the two threads I've just read about this game you guys have totally sold it to me as a 'don't touch with a barge pole'.

Destroy
10-27-08, 09:43 PM

Yes, this seems to be a bug or something. Even though ones gun reticule or iron sight is clear of the object one hides behind, the bullet still will hit the tree or rock one is using for cover.