PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order Left 4 Dead from Gamestop and play the demo early...

Pages : [1] 2

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 06:56 AM
This is probably old news but I saw it posted at Blues News.

Reserve Left for Dead and receive early access to the demo. The early access will start on 11/6/08 and will end on 11/11/08. Offer valid only while supplies last.

In-Store and Online Customers: Codes and instructions will be emailed beginning 9/5/08. You must provide a valid e-mail address at time of online order or in-store reservation in order to receive an early access code.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65231

I thought they were going to have a demo available to all on Halloween weekend? Or was that just a rumor?

:maxshoot::zombie3::zombie3::zombie3::zombie3:

six_storm
10-27-08, 07:18 AM
The demo is coming out after Halloween. So maybe even next week! :captnkill:

LordJuanlo
10-27-08, 07:27 AM
I hope all of us who preordered via Steam will get the same

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 07:32 AM
The demo is coming out after Halloween. So maybe even next week! :captnkill:

So why would the gamespot pre-order people get it "early" on the 6th next week?

Retrolock
10-27-08, 12:31 PM
Wow a demo for an overpriced HL2 mod :p

:thumbdwn: atleast Valve could have updated the engine. It's been what, 10 years?

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 12:41 PM
:thumbdwn: atleast Valve could have updated the engine. It's been what, 10 years?

Huh? :confused:

Retrolock
10-27-08, 12:44 PM

Huh? :confused:

:captnkill: tequila talking cap, don't mind me :captnkill:

CaptNKILL
10-27-08, 01:11 PM
Drunken posting is bad, mkay?

six_storm
10-27-08, 01:22 PM
So why would the gamespot pre-order people get it "early" on the 6th next week?

I dunno. Watch the demo come out on Friday (Halloween). Then those Gamestop idiots will feel stupid. :wonder:

I really can't wait to play the demo, it's gonna be a blast.

AngelGraves13
10-27-08, 02:24 PM
I'll be too busy playing Fallout 3.

six_storm
10-27-08, 09:33 PM
I really wanna try Fallout 3 but I dunno if I wanna pay $50 for it. Bring on the L4D already!!!!!!!!!!!

GitDat
10-27-08, 10:36 PM
So is Left 4 Dead like Zombie Panic! or something?

six_storm
10-27-08, 11:07 PM
So is Left 4 Dead like Zombie Panic! or something?

IMO, it's gonna be better than ZP. L4D is not a mod, it's a full fledge game created by the Source engine.

Dirthead
10-28-08, 12:09 AM
When this game is 19.99 or less i buy it. Overpricedfor a Online pc game.

crainger
10-28-08, 12:18 AM
IMO, it's gonna be better than ZP. L4D is not a mod, it's a full fledge game created by the Source engine.

I'm a little worried game engines are giving birth to their own games! ::scarey::

six_storm
10-28-08, 03:46 PM
October 28, 2008, 1:23 pm - Alden Kroll - Press Release

Xbox 360 and PC Pre-Order Includes 10% Savings Plus Advance Demo Access

October 28, 2008 — Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (Steam and Source), today announced a special promotion granting those who pre-order Left 4 Dead early access to the official demo.

Left 4 Dead is the new survival action game from Valve that blends the social entertainment experience of multiplayer games such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress with the dramatic, narrative experience made popular in single player action game classics such as the Half-Life series of games.

Early access to the demo begins Thursday, November 6 on both the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PC. This pre-order promotion applies to all Steam PC pre-orders and all Xbox 360 and PC pre-orders from participating retailers in North America. The demo will feature single player and co-operative modes, supporting 1 to 4 player games.

On November 11 the demo will be made available to all Xbox 360 and PC and gamers, with no obligation to purchase. The demo concludes on November 18, when Left 4 Dead will be made available at retail outlets across North America and worldwide via Steam.

This pre-order promotion is scheduled in concert with the previously announced $10 million consumer launch campaign that spans television, outdoor, print, and online advertising.

"Every time someone plays Left 4 Dead, we witness the most overwhelmingly positive reaction that we've seen from any of our games," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "This gives us tremendous confidence in the product and why we've taken the game on the road, produced this pre-launch demo, and invested more advertising dollars on the title than any prior release from Valve."

Playable in single player, co-operative, and multiplayer modes, Left 4 Dead is one of the most anticipated releases of 2008 and winner of numerous pre-launch awards, including Best of E3 from multiple outlets.

For more information, please visit L4D.com or www.steamgames.com

:captnkill:

six_storm
11-05-08, 06:37 AM
Demo comes out tomorrow!!!!!!!!! :captnkill:

I'm so excited, like a little kid on Christmas Eve lol. Anyone wanna join up for some co-op play tomorrow night?

LT.Schaffer
11-05-08, 08:16 PM
Can't Wait!

Steam is allowing Preload of the demo so go grab it:D

six_storm
11-05-08, 09:30 PM
Can't Wait!

Steam is allowing Preload of the demo so go grab it:D

Oh yeah! Too bad I'll be at work when the demo releases. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow . . .

LT.Schaffer
11-05-08, 10:29 PM
Oh yeah! Too bad I'll be at work when the demo releases. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow . . .

I'll also be at work.

Still it will be waiting for me when i get home:D

Mines done preloading...and ready to fire it up ASAP!

LordJuanlo
11-06-08, 01:40 AM
Downloading demo...

six_storm
11-06-08, 06:21 AM
I wish they would've released it last night . . . It's gonna be a LONG day at work for sure. I may try to d/l the demo at work, but I dunno how well it would work on Linux lol.

six_storm
11-06-08, 06:35 AM
Live stream of some kids playing on X360:

http://www.justin.tv/jbnx

six_storm
11-06-08, 09:02 AM
DEMO IS UNLOCKED!!!!!!!

(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)

I've got it downloaded on my Linux laptop, so I hope it works. I'll be playing during lunch! ;)

LordJuanlo
11-06-08, 09:25 AM
Demo unlocked, 3 hours to get home, damn it