PDA

View Full Version : WoW zombie QQ

CaptnStubing
10-27-08, 01:13 PM
:lol: I love the zombie infestation. We turned all the murlocs on the coast into zombies. It spread like wild fire. What is more fun is all the people who cry after you turn them into zombies. What a bunch of babies. These geeks do the same damn thing every day. Day after day of doing dailies like.... "zombies" and they can't take a week or so having fun with something completely different.

On the forums many people are crying and saying they are quitting WoW because of this.

Tr1cK
10-27-08, 01:27 PM
lol

While it is a PITA, I enjoy the change of pace. Me and a buddy were doing the Sunwell daily where you fly over and bomb. We forgot we had the zombie debuff on us and it caught us in mid air. That was annoying. It gave me the option to dismount immediately, which I should have done.

Ninjaman09
10-27-08, 03:04 PM
It's enjoyable but I can see their point. A few of my friends are leveling right now and it's really slowing down their progress. I love it since I have nothing else to do but for people relatively new to the game or who are leveling new characters it is more painful than enjoyable. :p

CaptnStubing
10-27-08, 03:25 PM
It's enjoyable but I can see their point. A few of my friends are leveling right now and it's really slowing down their progress. I love it since I have nothing else to do but for people relatively new to the game or who are leveling new characters it is more painful than enjoyable. :p

Oh I had many quests disrupted from the event. I decided to join them and had a blast. The purpose it to break up the game. It is all good fun. It is like simple PVP but the zombies almost always get pwnt. :D

I had a pally telling me I had no skill that he was pwning me. OH yeah a T6 ret pally against a zombie. LMAO! I changed him twice out of 8 tries that I died from. Each time I changed him. I kept talking to him in "zombie" and giving him hell. He got so pissed he threatened me. I wasn't griefing him. I was attacking every one. He just wanted to kill me because I had 40 zombies on the isle. He logged off after the second infection. LOL!

I'm gonna do it all again tonight... after playing Fable II.

Mr.Schme
10-27-08, 03:55 PM
what is this zombie fiasco?

lIqUID
10-27-08, 04:07 PM
so yea I gave the bankers in IF on Mal'Ganis the zombie AIDs and it stopped all IF bank transactions until they respawned. I laughed a little and cake was had soon afterward.

Best event EVER!

Ninjaman09
10-27-08, 04:10 PM
I'm gonna do it all again tonight... after playing Fable II.

Unfortunately the plague has been cured and the zombies are no more. Who knows what's coming next though. :D

CaptnStubing
10-27-08, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately the plague has been cured and the zombies are no more. Who knows what's coming next though. :D

IT'S OVER!? That is crap! I guess they got tired of all the complaining by the geeks.

Ninjaman09
10-27-08, 04:18 PM
IT'S OVER!? That is crap! I guess they got tired of all the complaining by the geeks.

That is the conclusion many people are jumping to, but the fact is it was planned this way (according to blue posters). There was a quest available last night to deliver the cure to your race's faction leader which was very suspicious and involved a new faction of Undead which you get a chance to see in the Wrath Gate movie. I believe they're called Hand of Vengeance and they seem to be associated with the Horde Northrend forces.

CaptnStubing
10-27-08, 04:44 PM
That is the conclusion many people are jumping to, but the fact is it was planned this way (according to blue posters). There was a quest available last night to deliver the cure to your race's faction leader which was very suspicious and involved a new faction of Undead which you get a chance to see in the Wrath Gate movie. I believe they're called Hand of Vengeance and they seem to be associated with the Horde Northrend forces.

So there will be more stuff coming. Cool!

Ninjaman09
10-27-08, 04:50 PM
Well for one, the scourge invasion from the Naxx patch is back, if you hadn't noticed. :)

But yes apparently there are going to be more and more world events as the release of WotLK draws near. :D

Zelda_fan
10-27-08, 11:07 PM
there is a really think fog over stormwind, I've noticed...

mcolbourn
10-28-08, 04:59 AM
I really enjoyed the Zombie's I was running a round with a lot of friends attacking towns around the world. It was only with us for a while so I never understood why people got angry about it.

I can't wait to see what they have instore for us next.

Rakeesh
10-28-08, 11:32 AM
lol

While it is a PITA, I enjoy the change of pace. Me and a buddy were doing the Sunwell daily where you fly over and bomb. We forgot we had the zombie debuff on us and it caught us in mid air. That was annoying. It gave me the option to dismount immediately, which I should have done.

Is that what it does if you die while on a controlled mount? (e.g. flightmasters)

I've had a few times that I've dotted the crap out of allies and beat them to near death, then they hop on the flight master and then my dots killed them after they were already in the air and counted as neutral, but I could never find their bodies or anything. It seems as though they just flat out disappear once their health drops to zero.

Tr1cK
10-28-08, 11:45 AM
I turned into a zombie while flying. I didn't die.

jeffmd
10-28-08, 02:40 PM
The QQing has been hapenning all weekend and a bit of last week. It pretty much comes down to this... at first it was a cool idea, and infact the 10 minute infection was to long to cause any kind of mayhem what so ever. When the infection dropped to 5 minutes, then things became funner. The armor damage caused by zombie death was known and so if you wanted to become a zombie, 5 minutes was enough time to de-gear and such.

Then blizz droped the ball. Around the time the infection droped to 2 minutes, zombies were also given the ability to REDUCE the timer with melee hits. This had the unfortunate side effect of instantly zombifying people who got zerged by several zombies at once (I had a prot warrior and they were doing pathetic damage, but I suddenly found myself a zombie before my health was down 3/4th). This was really a big nerf for melee who wanted to play as zombie slayers (after all whats so fun about the event if you can't choose sides?). The next ball was dropped when all but one NPC healer was removed from cities, making it hard to get cures (Player disease cures were already fairly in-effective shortly into the event. High level disease cures were actually only slightly more powerful, but pulsed 3 times over 20 seconds so after 25 seconds, the disease may still be there).

I declared the event a total loss when the timer droped to 1 minute and a single player zombie meleeing one person could zombify him in about 3 seconds which isn't enough time for most people to kill said zombie. This went totaly against blizzards idea that zombies alone were harmless, but in numbers were powerfull. It was generally possible to run ahead of zombies (they move slow but have a sprint type charge to quickly enclose distance) but most classes don't have instant cast spells to fight with so you either ran or died.

Also blizzard had actually put diseased mice all over certain areas in which guards would by nature kill and automatically infect themselves.. so running became futile, you were bound to run into an area with zombies infront of you and no guards to defend you.

In the end the only safe place was sitting on your flying mount in the air (which was more ironic, the only city you can fly in is shattra, which was the worst city because you can't cure NPCs there and due to the neutral status of the city, no combat is allowed so Players turned into zombies were blue/non-attackable and free to turn as many npcs (and other player using the AOE gas) into zombies that they wanted).

IMO it would have been fun if you could choose sides, but quickly it became obviouse the only way to fight it..was not to log on. You could go off and play in instances, or raid, but god forbid you portal to a city, most portal spots were well zerged with zombies.