PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Details Galore

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

hemmy
11-09-08, 10:42 AM
I think it is already better than Vista

GUI looks better - better taskbar(assuming you guys aren't using the Vista taskbar), and the libraries are very handy

It could just be a placebo, but on my laptop it feels faster than Vista as well - which ran just fine.

its vista without the sidebar :retard:

No it isn't. If you haven't unlocked the new Windows 7 visuals...then yes it is, but no version of windows is all that different appearance wise (besides looking more "pretty")

malachi1313
11-09-08, 01:49 PM
do the vista nvidia drivers work for Windows 7?

Yes run in compatibility mode, vista rtm. Avast also works well with it{Antivirus}

malachi1313
11-09-08, 01:51 PM
I think it is already better than Vista

GUI looks better - better taskbar(assuming you guys aren't using the Vista taskbar), and the libraries are very handy

It could just be a placebo, but on my laptop it feels faster than Vista as well - which ran just fine.

No it isn't. If you haven't unlocked the new Windows 7 visuals...then yes it is, but no version of windows is all that different appearance wise (besides looking more "pretty")
It boots quicker and everything feels "snappier"

malachi1313
11-09-08, 01:52 PM
How do you unlock these "special" visuals???

Tomato
11-09-08, 02:20 PM
Been using Windows 7 Since last night.

-The new taskbar is the greatest invention in windows history bar none.
-It is much much faster than Vista
-All of the controls, UI and Layout are much betther thought out.
-Even though this is a Beta im ganna use it as my main OS.

zoomy942
11-09-08, 02:27 PM
i might throw it in a VM. we'll see

Toss3
11-09-08, 04:51 PM

And everything is working as it should - no weird crasher or something like that? I'm pretty tempted to try it out, but I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable going back to using a 32bit OS. Are there any compatibility issues with programs/drivers?

hokeyplyr48
11-09-08, 05:14 PM
what version are you guys using?
i have 6801 and i can't tell a difference between it and vista (i had to make sure i booted off the right hd)
is it possible to get 6933? i can't find it on torrents or anything.

Tomato
11-09-08, 05:59 PM
You can enable the new task bar in Window 7 here: http://www.technixupdate.com/windows-7-tricks-and-hacks/

I have not had the system crash on me yet but I am not playing crysis or anything. I am using Nvidia 178.24 drivers without any issues at all.

The only downside is IE8 Beta 2 does not work with all sites so just stick to firefox.

Forgot to add im using 64 bit with 64-bit media player. I heard some problems with 32-bit media player so i just skipped it.

hemmy
11-09-08, 09:13 PM

Agree, was using Ubuntu on my laptop, now dual booting (Mainly for Visual Studio 2008) with Windows 7 v. 6801 as my main OS

K007
11-10-08, 02:13 AM
I hope this stuff makes it way to SP2 Vista....no way i am gonna buy another OS -.-

Sazar
11-10-08, 02:57 AM

Are you part of the beta program?

Or are you and the others just grabbing torrents?

crainger
11-10-08, 04:41 AM
Post pics!

yehuda
11-10-08, 06:05 AM
You can see some features in action in this video:
http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc2008/KYN02/

Windows 7 demo starts at about 18:30

Toss3
11-10-08, 07:32 AM

Didn't really see anything new or useful for that matter. And rofl at the pinch move! :D

malachi1313
11-10-08, 09:33 AM
You can enable the new task bar in Window 7 here: http://www.technixupdate.com/windows-7-tricks-and-hacks/

I have not had the system crash on me yet but I am not playing crysis or anything. I am using Nvidia 178.24 drivers without any issues at all.

The only downside is IE8 Beta 2 does not work with all sites so just stick to firefox.

Forgot to add im using 64 bit with 64-bit media player. I heard some problems with 32-bit media player so i just skipped it.
I tried those hacks but it didn't work.

malachi1313
11-10-08, 09:39 AM
Networking is WAY better with W7. Alot quicker than in Vista. When you bootup network is active almost immediately, unlike vista where it would take a little while before you could surf. It changes state quickly, similar to xp. Everything is just snappier.

Toss3
11-10-08, 09:48 AM
How are the boot-times btw. any better than vista?

malachi1313
11-10-08, 09:53 AM
yes

crainger
11-10-08, 02:21 PM

That's nice. Nao PICS or GTFO! ::D:

hemmy
11-10-08, 11:10 PM
I hope this stuff makes it way to SP2 Vista....no way i am gonna buy another OS -.-

No reason to think it will.

Would be retarded of Microsoft to do so

crainger
11-11-08, 01:49 AM
Retarded like a fox!

Shamrock
11-11-08, 04:11 AM
That's nice. Nao PICS or GTFO! ::D:

I guess I am so insignificant that you don't read? Only Doc saw the screenies?

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1825460&postcount=20

SLippe
11-11-08, 05:15 PM
Okay, only problem I've run into so far is trying to install the driver for my Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. I got the Control Panel and ALchemy installed already. Should I have installed the driver first? When I try to install the driver I get an errror message saying that it's not compatible with this version of Windows and to please upgrade to XP or later. I know I got this working when I tried Vista x64, so what's the deal?

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it working. (omg)

malachi1313
11-11-08, 07:13 PM
Okay, only problem I've run into so far is trying to install the driver for my Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. I got the Control Panel and ALchemy installed already. Should I have installed the driver first? When I try to install the driver I get an errror message saying that it's not compatible with this version of Windows and to please upgrade to XP or later. I know I got this working when I tried Vista x64, so what's the deal?

EDIT: Nevermind! I got it working. (omg)

Compatibility mode works for just about everything I've installed on Vista. Pretty cool if you ask me.