PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero World Tour Feedback Thread

zoomy942
10-28-08, 06:05 PM
I am getting this game on Thursday and I CANT WAIT....

Tool? I saw that and about died from excitement.

Anyone else?

BTW - I will only get the game and not the bundle as $189 is a heck of a lot of scrilla for a game. Besides, I already have 2 guitars for GH3.

giggles101
10-28-08, 06:08 PM
I am getting this game on Thursday and I CANT WAIT....

Tool? I saw that and about died from excitement.

Anyone else?

BTW - I will only get the game and not the bundle as $189 is a heck of a lot of scrilla for a game. Besides, I already have 2 guitars for GH3.

FO SHIZZLE! Maybe we could play online sometime;)

zoomy942
10-28-08, 06:09 PM
Are you going to get it?

crainger
10-28-08, 06:10 PM
I think it's funny World Tour will be out in Australia BEFORE Rock Band 1...

giggles101
10-28-08, 06:13 PM
Are you going to get it?

I just got to find a store that has it and it is as good as mine. :D

zoomy942
10-28-08, 06:16 PM
you getting it today?!?!

giggles101
10-28-08, 06:19 PM
you getting it today?!?!

I have been so busy today... I haven't had time to look for it yet. Probably the soonest I will get it would be Wednesday or Friday of this week. :)

zoomy942
10-28-08, 06:25 PM
I have been so busy today... I haven't had time to look for it yet. Probably the soonest I will get it would be Wednesday or Friday of this week. :)

how bout this..

if you buy it friday, i will get it thursday but i wont play it till friday!

deal?

giggles101
10-28-08, 06:26 PM
how bout this..

if you buy it friday, i will get it thursday but i wont play it till friday!

deal?

Cerealz? DEAL!
You rock! :D

crainger
10-28-08, 06:35 PM
Do you guys sometimes mate?

Bearclaw
10-28-08, 06:36 PM
Wow. I will buy it today.... and play it today.

:)

Bearclaw
10-28-08, 06:39 PM
Do you guys sometimes mate?

I think they are molting.

Talon
10-28-08, 06:56 PM
I bought it. After two hours the guitar strum bar is busted. It acts as if it is "stuck" in one position and cycles through menu items over and over. Can't hit a note with it. I processed a case with Red Octane but all I've gotten is a canned reply so far.

Game first impressions:

On-screen layout is harder to keep track of compared to Rock Band. There isn't as much on-screen feedback to let you know how well you are doing. I'd say as far as gameplay goes the Rock Band games are definately more fun for me.

I do like the drum set though. Seems sturdy and the pads have a nice bounce to them. The kick just lays on the ground and not on a bar like Rock Band so it drifts away from me while I play.

I had a blast playing through Death Magnetic.

zoomy942
10-28-08, 06:57 PM
i have heard several reports of people's equipment flaking out.

Mr. Hunt
10-29-08, 12:22 AM
DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

My brother talked me into it and I literally played an hour and then put it up on craigslist for 125.. it is so freaking terrible, all of the problems from GH3 are still there on this one, and the song list isn't great... Do yourselves a favor and get Rock Band 2... VASTLY superior.

crainger
10-29-08, 01:00 AM
I'll just wait till next year and pick up Rock Band 2 then... ::(:

kev13dd
10-29-08, 02:30 AM
I've played GH3, and rented RB to play on the guitar. So I was looking forward to GH:WT to finally have an instrument game

So far I've enjoyed it. There are some annoying quirks (placement of star power meter and multiplier are the bigs ones), but they haven't prevented me from having a bunch of fun, both playing on my own and with friends. The one thing that has always been great with GH is I go in hating the setlists and end up having great fun playing them over and over again. GH:WT does just this, and has a huge setlist to keep me going

I also ordered RB2 online (game only) and plan on borrowing RB from a friend and importing the tracks. I'll have all GH and RB tracks, and all the instruments to play with. I bought WT because the drumset looked nicer. 5 pads + pedal seems to be a bigger challenge than 4 pads + pedal. So far it's been just that- challenging and feels right

My only gripe is that Red Octane didn't include the drum tuning software/tool with the game. Besides that I'm having fun which is all that matters with a game

K

zoomy942
10-29-08, 07:22 AM
for me, its all about the setlist and the fun i will have playing them, especially since i am not getting the bundle. i will use my guitar from gh3 and go with it.

and hell - ghWT has Tool on it... seriously.... Tool!!